PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is currently no better than last year. I don't think we can just hang about desperately hoping for Ridley until Wednesday. Put our best offer on the table and give him until the end of today to accept. In the meantime, we could do with actually signing an impact free agent. Re-signing your own guys is all well and good but at some point it would be good to improve the team.

This doesn't currently look like a team that has cash to burn or is going to aggressively attack free agency like we were told.

I would hate to give up significant draft pick compensation for a WR. At some point you need to draft and hit on a young stud.
We will this Year I believe in the wolf. :cool:

Pats should be in on Hunter. Guy's a monster.

If not him, Armstrong.

They need a couple of A+ talents, and those, now, are on the D side of the ball.
Hunter would be a signing for sure. That would be completely out of left field and perhaps give the Pats a top 5 D

Who do you want them to sign?

Well the best free agents were all signed yesterday. I would have traded the late picks for Jeudy. I would be looking at Jonah Williams now. I would have pushed for one of the stud defensive ends in a suitable age range - Greenard would have been good. I'd now be looking at DJ Reader.

Beyond Ridley there isn't much left on the WR market. There isn't much point swimming around the WR3 pool again. Eventually we need to invest some significant draft capital in one and find a true difference maker. Hopefully we double dip this year.

If not him, Armstrong.

They need a couple of A+ talents, and those, now, are on the D side of the ball.
For $30M aav?

Well the best free agents were all signed yesterday. I would have traded the late picks for Jeudy. I would be looking at Jonah Williams now. I would have pushed for one of the stud defensive ends in a suitable age range - Greenard would have been good. I'd now be looking at DJ Reader.

Beyond Ridley there isn't much left on the WR market. There isn't much point swimming around the WR3 pool again. Eventually we need to invest some significant draft capital in one and find a true difference maker. Hopefully we double dip this year.
I don't know about the other guys, but here's a good take Jeudy. I agree with this.

I'm not going to get all excited about FAs. My thought is the really good ones never make it to market. Your last comment is the key... get them in the draft and keep them here under manageable contracts.

If not him, Armstrong.

Armstrong? As in Dorance Armstrong? He's signing with the Commanders.

Meh, we'll see how Uche fits in a tweaked defensive scheme. 1 year deal and talk that he left money on the table implies he might have been sold on a bigger role here that would set him up for a better FA experience next year.

You read enough of these, you start to figure out where they come from, yeah.

That said, it doesn't mean it's wrong. I imagine Jacksonville has a 'close enough' deal ready to go if he doesn't get stupid money.
Jacksonville will not sign. They lose their second rounder instead of 3rd Ina deep wr class.

On Rebuild 31 very soon to be 32 no thanks.
He had 108 catches for over 1200 yards last year. Even with anticipated regression you wouldn’t do a deal similar to Dhop (2 yr/26 mil) to give our rook a clear WR1?

Uche is meh. Lets see what kind of money they gave him.

Screenshot_20240312_153212_Chrome.jpg

I'm 0 for 4 right now. Hunter wants 30M aav. Don't see that one happening. Ridley looking doubtful. Come on Wolf!

McKinney and Queen hurt the most. We could've afforded that for 2 young ballers.

1. Danielle Hunter, Edge (29)
2. Saquon Barkley, RB (27) To PHI (12.6M aav)
3. Christian Wilkins, DT (28) To LVR (27.5M aav)
4. Xavier McKinney, FS (25) To GB (17M aav)
5. Calvin Ridley, WR (29)
6. Patrick Queen, LB (25) To PIT (13.7M aav)
7. Tyron Smith, LT (33)

Ridley is good as gone. Guess we have to turn to the draft for an impact WR. I want Adonai Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back