PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, there is a sense Ekeler hit a steep decline last year.

We may definitely see these two deals differently a year from now
Was going to say that. Ekeler has had a string of ankle injuries. Hasn’t been the same.

Man, if he is back, though, this contract is a steal. Great player when healthy.

Money speaks and based off Patriots history we’ve never been generous with contract offers. I think you offer guys a good deal and they’ll sign regardless of the rebuild.

If we operate with the idea that we need to get players to sign great value contracts as a losing franchise we won’t get anywhere.
I think the Pats have been conditioned for 20+ years that you win by not splashing money on few guys that they don't know anything else.

If that's how they want to play it, they will get a reality gut punch soon enough.

This team needs about five splashes to be competitive again. No need to force it during this year’s FA.

I can't believe Ekeler went for less 6MM per year and we did not get him.
Because for 6 mil a year they have Stevenson and Gibson. Ekeler is not some major upgrade over Stevenson. Definitely not at double his salary.

IMG_20240311_191119.jpg

Because for 6 mil a year they have Stevenson and Gibson. Ekeler is not some major upgrade over Stevenson. Definitely not at double his salary.

View attachment 56972
I don’t think anyone is saying that Ekeler > Stevenson, but Ekeler > Gibson. Whether that would’ve been worth it money wise is another question.

Anyone got a status update on Zolak’s “fireworks”?
Can he go 5 seconds without looking like a babbling idiot. He’s always wrong

Anyone got a status update on Zolak’s “fireworks”?
Not Happening No Way GIF

I don’t think anyone is saying that Ekeler > Stevenson, but Ekeler > Gibson.
Right but Gibson + Ekeler at 6 million vs Ekeler at 6 million. Gibsons receiving stats are on point with Ekeler' I think it was a solid strategic move. Keep your guy and bring in a complimentary back that upgrades the passing game.

I like Ekeler but I think the RB position is more than solid with Gibson and Stevenson. At the same cost of Ekeler.

Gibson could end up being a really impact player for us. And, he's much younger.
This may sound silly but I have had Antonio Gibson on my fantasy football team two years in a row and thus watched chunks of Commanders games (ugh) because of it. The guy was honestly not much of a factor for their offense at all based on what I saw.

He may be a nice little piece but do not go expecting an impact player or you will be disappointed. I strongly doubt he will provide more of a contribution than Zeke did for us this past season.

Not too bent out of shape about losing out on the 3rd LB of arguably the worst off line LB group in the Belichick era these last several years, but do hope they can upgrade the group.

Right but Gibson + Ekeler at 6 million vs Ekeler at 6 million. Gibsons receiving stats are on point with Ekeler' I think it was a solid strategic move. Keep your guy and bring in a complimentary back that upgrades the passing game.

I like Ekeler but I think the RB position is more than solid with Gibson and Stevenson. At the same cost of Ekeler.
Agreed. Anyone crying about Washed Austin ****ing Eckler is just looking to cry for crying's sake.

There's plenty of actual things to cry about thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back