PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
lions with some nice defense additions today, much needed

My earlier post was in jest. But seriously I find the dichotomy of the people on here. It appears to me that those yearning for big free agency splashes are the same ones deriding the results of the 2021 free agency fiesta.

I see both sides, we have the 2nd or 3rd most money available. But I didn't see this as a very strong FA class. So I am taking a more sit back approach watching things unfold. And enjoying the back and forth.

Would like to see a trade for Higgins possibly. Would of liked Minshew, but assume Jimmy G or Brisset was the plan. It was an open secret that Baker and Evans were a pair. Evans resigning in TB eliminated Baker as a legitimate long term option.

Still plenty of ways for NE to speed up the rebuild. But it begins with FA. To many to spell out. But sign a LT and Onwenu, trade for Higgins, Sign Jimmy G, draft the best QB available to you in the draft that you believe in.

That goes a long way right there. But again there are several paths. Hopefully they have a plan for each possibility. We'll see.

It’s more so pathetic that the Pats were bidding for him and they couldn’t outbid a meager contract. Just furthers the cheapness narrative.
It does and it’s ugly, but there’s a dozen guys as good if not better you can probably get for around the same dollar amount.

Kraft may be so used to underpaying players he may be opposed to overpaying anybody. He is a hundred years old and has had the Brady crutch for eternity

Maybe by burn some cash, he meant it in the literal sense.

burning alejandro jodorowsky GIF

My earlier post was in jest. But seriously I find the dichotomy of the people on here. It appears to me that those yearning for big free agency splashes are the same ones deriding the results of the 2021 free agency fiesta.

I see both sides, we have the 2nd or 3rd most money available. But I didn't see this as a very strong FA class. So I am taking a more sit back approach watching things unfold. And enjoying the back and forth.
True, as much as we’d like to see some glitterly names brought in, people forget about last minute cuts, june 1st cuts where that one player is available but everyones money is tied up. Doesn’t look like it’s going to be the case for the Pats.

If they ever decide to build a multi billion dollar stadium in the future (but that won't happen with this current ownership), build it in Southern New Hampshire (no state income tax).
Nashua Patriots: Live Free or Die does have a ring to it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back