PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is turning into the Red Sox “full throttle” spending spree.

Say it with me Justin Fields.
North Carolina Football GIF by UNC Tar Heels

Harbaugh is going to end up trading pick 5 to Minnesota to draft his guy McCarthy.

It was Kraft all along, not Bill.

I don't know why I bother checking these threads for news, when all they are are wall to wall posters being impatient babies.

Oh lordy.

How bad does Minnesota want #3?
If using same trade value as Niners trade from 12 to 3
We should get 3 first rounders from 11 to 3
We will throw out the 3rd rounder they also had to give up

It was Kraft all along, not Bill.
Wolf is a Green Bay guy, and Green Bay has been even less of a player in FA than the Pats have historically. They spend their money resigning their core draft picks, and let the second tier guys walk. If Wolf is the guy going forward, that should be the expectations - better drafts, few free agent splashes.

We could get a serious haul for #3 from them. Problem is we’re in the same QB boat.
Yeah, but if they have good grades on McCarthy and Nix then a trade down to 11 while also getting a haul (or something like that idea from Cowherd weeks back where they got a 2nd, future 1st + Justin Jefferson) would let them fill out their roster better while still getting a solid QB. Obviously, though, the ceiling at the QB position is lower. Depends on if they want to hit big at QB or try to build out a better total roster.

I can see us going after Aaron Jones, once the Packers cut him. Can't imagine they keep him after signing Jacobs.

If Minnesota is going to give you 3 #1 picks for #3 you take that unless you think you’re getting generational talent. It’s not like the Patriors are on the precipice of greatness and just need a QB to complete the puzzle

Wolf is a Green Bay guy, and Green Bay has been even less of a player in FA than the Pats have historically. They spend their money resigning their core draft picks, and let the second tier guys walk. If Wolf is the guy going forward, that should be the expectations - better drafts, few free agent splashes.
They better pray starting this year they hit on multiple picks or they’re lack of adding talent via free agency is gonna keep them at the bottom or near bottom of the league.

Maybe that’s why Kraft is committed to him.
Problem is that doesn’t work without a QB.

If Minnesota is going to give you 3 #1 picks for #3 you take that unless you think you’re getting generational talent. It’s not like the Patriors are on the precipice of greatness and just need a QB to complete the puzzle
I tend to agree, I would probably make that trade and then send a 3rd for Justin Fields. Will you be incredible? No, but he'll be fine at an affordable cost for 2 years and you'll be able to really rebuild this roster over the next few years into something good. Maybe take Pratt, Rattler or Milton later in the draft to develop. And you can take a true WR1 at #11.

I know it’s early but are our guys still a little “tuckered” from all the “ready to burn some cash” talk?! Not that we all aren’t thrilled with the Bourne signing and potential Brissett return. Oh well, as Coach B. might say, “we’re onto the Draft”!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back