PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

Or maybe this is the worst WR draft in the last 5-6 years. Maybe JSN goes in the first last year but none of the other 1st rounders do. The OT depth was also pretty shallow. I don't love the Mapu pick but some of this whining is ridiculous. (Slash 83 I'm not specifically talking about you, just the general thread tone.)
Every draft is the worst one when BB is shopping WR. It's 5ullshit because just watch some guy will blow up and the Pat's totally missed him.

BB has built the perfect offense if you had Brady throwing the ball. Brady would thrive with this group of weapons.

Jones needs a beast WR like at Alabama.

Well some guys I am high on are still there at WR ie... Tyler Scott - Charlie Jones - AT Perry - Parker Washington - Trey Palmer and X-Hutchingson. BB have em just where he wants em. :rolleyes:

I hated that BB Third Round special but it's BB Drafting.

I very much like the players we've picked even if I wish we had found a way to get someone on offense too. All isn't lost though, there are a good group of guys left. A few of them, like Dawand Jones and Tyler Scott, who could have easily gone in the 2nd round. If we get both of them at 107 and 117, we'll be talking about this as a slam-dunk draft. We've had really good production out of the 4th round in recent years - Rhamondre, James White, Trey Flowers, Shaq Mason, Zappe, Jack Jones all spring to mind.

Tyler Scott or Charlie Jones would be solid players in the 4th. Even Kayshon Boutte would be intriguing.

There are plenty of good RBs left to add behind Rhamondre. Roshon Johnson, Chase Brown, Eric Grey but plenty of others too.

There are a few interesting Tight Ends - Zach Kuntz, Josh While, Will Mallory

There are a few OTs that I still think could come in and compete - Dawand Jones, Nick Saldiveri, Blake Freeland, Warren McClendon

On the interior, Luke Wypler and Chandler Zavala are interesting guys who were talked about as 3rd round picks.

Shouldalso prepare for us to take a QB with one of these 4th round picks- Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Haener and Hall.

And I know we all want offense on day 3 but is are a number of really good players left at corner- Ringo, Bennett, Rush, Phillips are all starter level players.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t some of these guys playing their last year in their contract? And Thornton didn’t show us much last year. At all.
Just curious but how many wr’s do you expect them to keep on the roster? Picking camp fodder in the 3rd round doesn’t make sense. I think they will add o- line or 2 a wr and a punter today.

Hey, Bob, what happened? Step out to pee and let your loose cannon GM reach into his cookie jar? Tired from the romp last night with Mrs Milfilishious?

If you’re wondering why your team will finish poorly and miss the playoffs again, you might want to revisit the picks from the draft.

Look how other teams do it. Talk to Howie with the Eagles. Get his perspective. Mapup at 76?

When he starts laughing, you’ll have the sinking feeling that your employee is using your team to attempt to aggrandize his sons.

He’s going to retire in another year or two. So it’s not the end of the world to him if the franchise becomes firmly entrenched in mediocrity. He is looking forward, however, to seeing the boys prowling the sideline somewhere nfl.
Do you really think a third round pick is the difference, this year, between making and missing the playoffs? And you don’t seem to think he’s bad, rather it appears you think this rounder just helps the defense.

If the Pats draft a WR - which they certainly will burn a pick on one - he will be GOOD. This is the year that I am right.

Just watch. One of these guys who everyone missed like a Cooper Kupp. Not predicting that good, but you cannot go 20 years and keep missing the whole target. A guy who exceeds expectations and proves that he should have been tops on the board.

Eventually the football Gods let you have a good one.

Hey, Bob, what happened? Step out to pee and let your loose cannon GM reach into his cookie jar? Tired from the romp last night with Mrs Milfilishious?

If you’re wondering why your team will finish poorly and miss the playoffs again, you might want to revisit the picks from the draft.

Look how other teams do it. Talk to Howie with the Eagles. Get his perspective. Mapup at 76?

When he starts laughing, you’ll have the sinking feeling that your employee is using your team to attempt to aggrandize his sons.

He’s going to retire in another year or two. So it’s not the end of the world to him if the franchise becomes firmly entrenched in mediocrity. He is looking forward, however, to seeing the boys prowling the sideline somewhere nfl.
Maybe Guys who BOB thinks he can work with are still there. Tyler Scott - Charlie Jones - Parker Washington and AT Perry just to name a few.

As much as it pains me to a say it Skippy McDaniels and the Raiders had a Great Draft. If Jimmy stays healthy they will be in it in the AFC.

Just curious but how many wr’s do you expect them to keep on the roster? Picking camp fodder in the 3rd round doesn’t make sense. I think they will add o- line or 2 a wr and a punter today.
Ty Montgomery, Raleigh Webb, Lynn Bowden and Tre Nixon are on the roster.

Montgomery is listed at WR, but really hasnt done a lot of catching the ball.

As much as it pains me to a say it Skippy McDaniels and the Raiders had a Great Draft. If Jimmy stays healthy they will be in it in the AFC.
The Steelers did good too.

Rounds 3 - 6 have 5 minute window per selection.

Round 7 drops down to 4 minutes per pick.

Mapu is listed at 6'3 217 lbs. That's why people are talking about him as safety. This is usually way too light for a Patriots linebacker. Unless BB is turning over a new leaf?
There have been numerous calls for a truer coverage LB, especially in third and middle distances that can get sideline to sideline as well to replace the Bentley/Tavai early run down guys. This is the attempt to fill that niche after the Wilson experiment didn't pan out last year.

They have 4 roster lock receivers now. Most teams keep 5-6. I could see them using a 4th on a receiver then getting another one who isn’t guaranteed a roster spot in the 6th.

All these 4th round picks and there was no one they targeted or wanted to move up for? Ugh.

Every draft is the worst one when BB is shopping WR. It's 5ullshit because just watch some guy will blow up and the Pat's totally missed him.

BB has built the perfect offense if you had Brady throwing the ball. Brady would thrive with this group of weapons.

Jones needs a beast WR like at Alabama.
Just because one guy from the 3rd round makes it doesn’t mean we should’ve taken one of the WRs. People always talk about Deebo and Metcalf in the 2nd round several years ago. But the other 5 WRs taken all busted. Yes, one will hit. Which one? Is it 5’8” Josh Downs or 5’6” Tank Dell?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back