PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

And to add to that barmore is a force, however he's not dependable as he plays with such fierceness he's always hurt..

That is the draw back of drafting a player injured.. he's had knee issues at Alabama.. guy is still unsigned I heard he was mulling retiring..

So our pressure comes from Judon, Uche, wise, barmore when available, I'd like to get more pressure up the middle.. we definitely need depth at DE

WOW. Talk about not having a clue.
Barmore had a minor knee injury in college that cost him 1 game his Red-Shirt Sophomore year.
Barmore played all 17 games as a rookie. He missed 7 games in 2022.

How is that "Always hurt"? Such exaggerations make it hard to take you seriously.

Sutton is too expensive for what he brings, imo. If they're not going through the draft and can't find a Jeudy-type, I'd rather have someone like Corey Davis if/when the Jete dump him on a prove it deal (and without costing a draft pick). He's much faster (sub 4.4) and can operate smoothly at the second level.

I know he did little with the Jete, but what else is new for the Jete?
He'd fit well into this offense and give a little more speed over Parker, Bourne, etc. He's also got an attitude like Juju (give me the ball and get the F outa my way!). I think he might be a sneaky good add to the offense the way it's constructed.
I’m sure Corey will go to the pack along with Mims and a first or more.

We're in fantastic shape at this point in mid-March. We've retained the whole D, with only 1 db move needed to account for McCourty retiring. We survived the loss of Meyers with an even better option in JuJu, and are greatly improved at TE with Gesicki over Jonnu. We're also better at RB with Robinson, and better at OT with Reiff & Anderson even if we don't further improve it. After a year together, expect big improvements from Mac, Thornton, Bourne, and Parker. Better offensive coaches will help all around, plus there's still months of free agency and we have a strong draft board.

We're in fantastic shape at this point in mid-March. We've retained the whole D, with only 1 db move needed to account for McCourty retiring. We survived the loss of Meyers with an even better option in JuJu, and are greatly improved at TE with Gesicki over Jonnu. We're also better at RB with Robinson, and better at OT with Reiff & Anderson even if we don't further improve it. After a year together, expect big improvements from Mac, Thornton, Bourne, and Parker. Better offensive coaches will help all around, plus there's still months of free agency and we have a strong draft board.
Your cup is overflowing sir.

I love some good “demoted incumbent” drama. He was pretty bad last season playing on a bad knee.

What's he going to do? Hold out if they don't trade him? The big baby needs to get over it, they brought in a better T, so if he needs to move to the other side of the LOS then just do it and shut up. Your team's better, dummy.

I don't think Hopkins, OBJ, or Jeudy are coming. I think our skill moves have been made. The rest will be hidden gem pickups in FA or cutdowns, and the draft. I do see a high round TE coming, and probably mid-round WR.

I still think that there is still a chance for a true #1 WR. This is not only a make or break year for Jones. If the Pats fail to make the playoffs again this year, this could be the last year for Belichick especially if the Krafts see that not getting enough weapons on offense was the issue for it. They still need to replace Agholor who was considered the #1 WR on this team going into the season even if none of the fans agreed.

I love some good “demoted incumbent” drama. He was pretty bad last season playing on a bad knee.

Do we have any OL experts here who have looked at some of the Cincinnati all 22? Haha. He didn’t have a good 2022, from what I’ve read, but he was playing next to a rookie LG, so that could have played a factor as well. I doubt that Cincy since he will trade him because who knows when Collins will be ready and they probably don’t want a rookie RT protecting Burrow.

Do we have any OL experts here who have looked at some of the Cincinnati all 22? Haha. He didn’t have a good 2022, from what I’ve read, but he was playing next to a rookie LG, so that could have played a factor as well. I doubt that Cincy since he will trade him because who knows when Collins will be ready and they probably don’t want a rookie RT protecting Burrow.

My understanding is that Williams played through a knee injury last year and that was a major factor in his play.. That being said, he's given up nearly 100 pressures during the last 2 seasons which is amongst the worst in the league. Only way I touch him is if I know I can fix whatever is wrong with him.. And yes, it could just be a bad fit in terms of blocking schemes that Cincy uses.

I’m sure Corey will go to the pack along with Mims and a first or more.
Think so? He goes with an 11 million$ cap hit, more than 10 of which is salary. I wouldn't want Davis at $11 on a rental, personally. Would Green Bay?

Bucs release Cameron Brate and Leonard Fournette.

Bills just cut Isaiah Mackenzie, guarantee pats will have interest, this guys burned us in the past
They might have if they hadn't signed Smith-Schuster. With SS and Bourne able to play from the slot, I don't think the Pats are going to be looking for that unless it's a developmental player..

Bills just cut Isaiah Mackenzie, guarantee pats will have interest, this guys burned us in the past
I thought that the Pats would have interest in him last off-season. Would definitely add a dimension that they don’t have. He was due for a $250,000 roster bonus today which is likely why he was released.

I still think that there is still a chance for a true #1 WR. This is not only a make or break year for Jones. If the Pats fail to make the playoffs again this year, this could be the last year for Belichick especially if the Krafts see that not getting enough weapons on offense was the issue for it. They still need to replace Agholor who was considered the #1 WR on this team going into the season even if none of the fans agreed.
I agree, but I also wonder how they view Thornton. They may already see him as #1.

I think we could get alot out of mackenzie, always seemed like a good fit for our offence. Speed speed speed. But you guys are right that WR group is getting heavy especially if we are still looking for a number 1.
I should add i am not 100% convinced Bourne and or Parker are here to start the season

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back