PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

I have a feeling we are going to hit mid tier agents with high ceiling as opposed to overpaying on day 1 .

Have a strange thought that we could sign OJB + elumeanor for say around 25 million a year and trade or cut T brown .

And then sign any one of the tall rangy corners and possibly Beckham without breaking the bank and any of the available TEs at below 4 million $ .

I have a feeling we are going to hit mid tier agents with high ceiling as opposed to overpaying on day 1 .

Have a strange thought that we could sign OJB + elumeanor for say around 25 million a year and trade or cut T brown .

And then sign any one of the tall rangy corners and possibly Beckham without breaking the bank and any of the available TEs at below 4 million $ .
This day one stuff makes no sense to me, free agency started few days ago imo technically or not.

All I‘m asking for is Orlando Brown and Sean Murphy-Bunting, that’s my ides of March wish….

Dalton Schultz on a deal around 4-5 million a year would be great. But guess he might be around 10-12

Last edited:

Good to keep Yodny. He was not totally awful in limited action last year. With better coaching maybe he can be a decent backup, though I imagine they don't need to keep both him and McDermott plus whoever their starting RT is and also swing tackle Calvin Anderson (and maybe even a draftee). But good to have 'em all for camp and see how it shakes out.

Good to keep Yodny. He was not totally awful in limited action last year. With better coaching maybe he can be a decent backup, though I imagine they don't need to keep both him and McDermott plus whoever their starting RT is and also swing tackle Calvin Anderson (and maybe even a draftee). But good to have 'em all for camp and see how it shakes out.
Would like to get Mack Wilson back but I heard there are about 4 teams interested in him.

Tackle is a little like WR.

The depth is there. Now find the starter(s).

Remaining Patriots Targets with cap space

WR via trade- Jeudy, Sutton, Cooks or Hopkins

Free agents-
WR- Juju, Chark, OBJ, Parris Campbell
LB- Lavonte David, Tranquill
S- Poyer, CGJ, Julian Love, John Johhson III, Harmon
OT- Orlando Brown Jr., DOnovan Smith
CB- Rock Ya-Sin, Murphy-Bunting
TE- Schultz, Gesicki, Tonyan

Still plenty of talent and a lot of cap space left.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back