PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

When Byron Leftwich got to work Thursday, he found a painted commemorative NFL football placed in each coach’s locker congratulating the staff for winning back-to-back NFC South titles for the first time in club history. Hour later?Thanks, you’re fired!

RBs coach Todd McNair also gone, per @NFLSTROUD. Bucs had least-productive run game in franchise history (76.9 yards per game), and their 2.26 yards after contact per carry (per @PFF) were NFL's fewest by far.

But Brady!

rofl.gif

Last edited:

But Brady!

rofl.gif

You are an imbecile. The run game sucked! Discussion over!! Brady was awesome! Look guys the OL was bad and we couldn't run! Brady had nothing to do with the game plan or any of that! Not like he ever made AFC Championships with garbage OLs and bad running games before? Remember 2015? Nothing matters ! Look at these running stats!! Give me a break. Brady has as much say in the offense as Manning ever would and the offense produced less than 20 points a game.

You are an imbecile. The run game sucked! Discussion over!! Brady was awesome! Look guys the OL was bad and we couldn't run! Brady had nothing to do with the game plan or any of that! Not like he ever made AFC Championships with garbage OLs and bad running games before? Remember 2015? Nothing matters ! Look at these running stats!! Give me a break. Brady has as much say in the offense as Manning ever would and the offense produced less than 20 points a game.

Do you need me to call you an ambulance sir?

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I can’t honestly say that Tom Brady looked like himself this year even when he had time and could step into his throws. It was reminiscent of the second half of 2019. Major issues with the line, supporting cast, and apparently some problem with timing and velocity too.

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I can’t honestly say that Tom Brady looked like himself this year even when he had time and could step into his throws. It was reminiscent of the second half of 2019. Major issues with the line, supporting cast, and apparently some problem with timing and velocity too.
The middle is what I'm suggesting so no it's not the middle. What he's suggesting is that Brady has looked exactly the same and is not responsible for anything. His comments diminish Brady's legacy as if to say he isn't involved at all in any of these problems. By saying so it implies he was not involved for the record scoring he produced for almost the entirety of his career. You can't have it both ways. Brady was bad this year by his standards and how bad is debatable. IMO it's way worst than 2019 and 2013, in his opinion there is no problem. Brady was fine and the team was such a **** show that he has no blame.

The middle is what I'm suggesting so no it's not the middle. What he's suggesting is that Brady has looked exactly the same and is not responsible for anything. His comments diminish Brady's legacy as if to say he isn't involved at all in any of these problems. By saying so it implies he was not involved for the record scoring he produced for almost the entirety of his career. You can't have it both ways. Brady was bad this year by his standards and how bad is debatable. IMO it's way worst than 2019 and 2013, in his opinion there is no problem. Brady was fine and the team was such a **** show that he has no blame.
I give him a C+ , B- for the season
There was Brady magic in the 4th quarters and no physical decline in my eyes, but a lot of missed throws even when he had time.
How much that had to do with Oline play? My guess is that it was a huge factor as well as no running game whatsoever.
He could have played better too though

Totally agree. 2019 Brady wasn't all in. The reasons have been debated ad infinitum. This year reminded me of that year. I think if Brady plays next year in a legitimate contender atmosphere that he will come back big. If he can't then I'll readily admit that its time to move on.

I thought Brady was great in 2013; somewhat reminiscent of 2006. It was really all about the injuries and supporting cast and he looked like the same QB, just very very inferior targets.

I don't know if he looked worse this season than in the second half of 2019; imagine in 2019, when the offense flat out couldn't move the ball, if he were also tasked with throwing 50+ times per game.

But no doubt he looked very mortal out there in 2022, though I'd never count him out....could come back next year at MVP level again.

In 2019 the Pats offense could NOT score points. It was absolutely miserable. And very much like this year.

In 2019 the Pats offense could NOT score points. It was absolutely miserable. And very much like this year.
It was more watchable than this year because of the predictability of the play calls on offense. As you said earlier in the week, it wasn't even entertaining in the least this season. Brady didn't look like he even wanted to be out on the field in 2019 imo.

I thought Brady was great in 2013; somewhat reminiscent of 2006. It was really all about the injuries and supporting cast and he looked like the same QB, just very very inferior targets.

I don't know if he looked worse this season than in the second half of 2019; imagine in 2019, when the offense flat out couldn't move the ball, if he were also tasked with throwing 50+ times per game.

But no doubt he looked very mortal out there in 2022, though I'd never count him out....could come back next year at MVP level again.
That's how I feel about 2013 as well and I wouldn't count him out either but I'd be shocked with an MVP season. Even if he matched last years stats they would never give it to him. He missed easy throws this season, threw the ball away at the first sight of any issues and the game plans were straight up garbage. If he had checked out mentally and will come back recharged with another team maybe but he didn't elevate this team this year despite his come from behind wins. He's not Kirk Cousins he's Tom Brady. Lets not lower the standards and 20ppg is not it.

I think that you're ignoring that in 2013 & 2019 Brady played in better teams. The Bucs 2022 team was worse by almost every metric than those teams on both sides of the ball. Brady certainly can't be blamed for all of that. I know you're not doing that, but its difficult to assign the % aside from saying its a # between 0% to 100%, which ppl will never agree on.

Bucs:
Screenshot_20230119_194920_Firefox.jpg

Pats:
Screenshot_20230119_195228_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_195103_Firefox.jpg

I think that you're ignoring that in 2013 & 2019 Brady played in better teams. The Bucs 2022 team was worse by almost every metric than those teams on both sides of the ball. Brady certainly can't be blamed for all of that. I know you're not doing that, but its difficult to assign the % aside from saying its a # between 0% to 100%, which ppl will never agree on.

Bucs:
View attachment 49234

Pats:
View attachment 49235
View attachment 49236

The 2016 team is really underrated because Gronk got hurt and it took a miraculous comeback in the SB to win it. But they were a wagon. POSSIBLY the best Pats team of all time. You heard me.

The 2016 team is really underrated because Gronk got hurt and it took a miraculous comeback in the SB to win it. But they were a wagon. POSSIBLY the best Pats team of all time. You heard me.
I think injuries are a bigger factor in how a team performs than coaching. At least that's my opinion.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back