PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I haven't seen the game yet. Has Brady reached the cliff
Krafts wedding party favor must have been a rug and tug. Brady needs to focus on abstinence

The game plan to keep on running on 1st down was the #1 reason the Bucs lost. I kept on expecting them to go pass 1st when it wasn't working but these coaches don't adjust.

Taken from Joebucsfan below
"The Bucs have the worst run game in the NFL. That is not hyperbole. That is fact. The Steelers’ strength on defense, with T.J. Watt out, with Minkah Fitzpatrick out, with their top three corners out was the run defense.

So what does the head coaching candidate Leftwich do? He runs. And runs. And runs some more.

If Leftwich really doesn’t believe defenses are waiting with bated breath for Playoff Lenny to run up the middle or to the left on first down, then Leftwich is significantly more naive than Joe thought."

I don't get why the Bucs are still trying to make short yardage runs behind the left side of the OL.

Joebuc has the same question

"Another question: Why this fetish for running Playoff Lenny left when the strength of your offensive line is on the right side?

Why not run your best back behind your best offensive linemen? Most coaches would kill to be able to run a back behind Shaq Mason and Tristan Wirfs"

Even though this wasn't Brady's best game, it was good enough where it should have been an easy win:

Again for Joebucs

"Of course, Joe asked several players if the gameplan was to pound the Steelers on the ground rather than test their decimated secondary. None would reveal the gameplan but just based on and what happened on the field, it’s difficult to imagine the Bucs had the desire to use their strength (passing game) against the Steelers’ weakness (secondary)"

No real strong NFC team other than the Eagles right now. Every "contender" has issues

"Another question: Why this fetish for running Playoff Lenny left when the strength of your offensive line is on the right side?

Why not run your best back behind your best offensive linemen? Most coaches would kill to be able to run a back behind Shaq Mason and Tristan Wirfs"

Water under the bridge on this one, I'm afraid. That was the bargain for Brady's return: kick Easy Chair Arians upstairs and turn the offense over to TB12 assisted by Leftwich. You can't start wishing for Bowles to surgically be "hands-on" when things go awry and expect that to work.

Last edited:

It's just common sense, especially since the center isn't getting it done as a point of contact mauler, either. I mean, I get that Donovan Smith's a problem against the pass, and they want to at least make the pass rushers to that side think before blowing by him. But, eventually, you have to accept that the plan's not working, and you have to go to what your strengths are.

And this brings us back to the retirements of Marpet and Gronk.

Water under the bridge on this one, I'm afraid. That was the bargain for Brady's return: kick Easy Chair Arians upstairs and turn the offense over to TB12 assisted by Leftwich. You can't start wishing for Bowles to surgically be "hands-on" when things go awry and expect that to work.

Arians is a moron and his craziness on the sidelines this year was vindication for anyone who thought he got in the way.

I can agree for last weeks game against the Falcons where Brady had something like 13 completions out of maybe 16 targets to the rbs. Brady loves throwing to rbs on the flats.

They needed to do that again today but only threw 10 passes to rbs of which 9 were completions.

No. I have absolutely the opposite take. This game was Leftwich showing Brady who's the boss. When they needed to make a half time adjustment to pass more on first down, they stubbornly continued to run. When they should have targeted Evans in the red zone, they stubbornly ran it or threw to someone named not Evans.

Or it could be Bowles showing who's the boss. He keeps on harping about establishing the run when they need to do the opposite and pass 1st to set up the run.

Arians is a moron and his craziness on the sidelines this year was vindication for anyone who thought he got in the way.

The point of my post was addressing the lament that Bowles didn't intervene as a head coach normally should. The way things are set up he's hands-off re. offense and wouldn't have much to offer regardless.

Brady arguably has become his own worst enemy as he NEEDS a strong voice in his ear to occasionally say, "No, we're not going to do that. We're going to do THIS." In that respect he sorely misses BB.

The point of my post was addressing the lament that Bowles didn't intervene as a head coach normally should. The way things are set up he's hands-off re. offense and wouldn't have much to offer regardless.

Brady arguably has become his own worst enemy as he NEEDS a strong voice in his ear to occasionally say, "No, we're not going to do that. We're going to do THIS." In that respect he sorely misses BB.
Yeah, I misread your post too.

Or it could be Bowles showing who's the boss. He keeps on harping about establishing the run when they need to do the opposite and pass 1st to set up the run.

Leftwhich has always been bad

Leftwhich has always been bad
I think he gets a lot of undeserved criticism sometimes, but today was as bad as it gets. The other teams top 3 corners are out. They should've passed, passed, passed until they stopped it. I'm assuming the Oline had a lot to do with it though and QB play was off today too

Been reading a lot of things about how bad Luke G Is on the left side but I have no idea how to evaluate o-line play so I’m not going to start. But that might explain a bit about the slow start to the season.

This has a been a really bad start to the season for the Bucs. Could’ve gone to 4-2 today

Arians is a gronk but he challenged Brady I think Brady needs challenging

1st and goal from the 3 and 1st and goal from the 4

Two field goals.
I didn't see the game. Did they pass on all 3 downs in those situations? I've been seeing a lot of that lately. It seems like teams would be better off by running it in those situations.

This is the first time that I actually am concerned about Brady. He looks out of sorts. The team is just not finding a rhythm in ANY of their games.
Kraft invited Tom to his wedding and got him all liquored up.

I didn't see the game. Did they pass on all 3 downs in those situations? I've been seeing a lot of that lately. It seems like teams would be better off by running it in those situations.

No mainly run plays. Drop from Otton but then run plays mainly.

Was weird

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back