PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Raiders offense is worlds better than Tampa’s Adams is a top 3 WR and they actually have a TE and more importantly they have an elite rushing attack
Raiders defense is worlds worse than Tampa's. Adding an old, expensive and distracted Brady isn't a clear upgrade to their offense. The end result is likely to be more tickets sold but a meh record. I'm all for it for the entertainment value, but that's about it.

Raiders defense is worlds worse than Tampa's. Adding an old, expensive and distracted Brady isn't a clear upgrade to their offense. The end result is likely to be more tickets sold but a meh record. I'm all for it for the entertainment value, but that's about it.
The Raiders defense seemed OK. They were competitive on most of their games.

However, for anyone paying close attention, Tampa's defense was worse than it seemed. They started off like gangbusters the 1st 4,5,6 games. The stats from those games dramatically raised the Bucs D rankings.

Then they trailed off badly. The last 10 games or so, they hardly got any sacks, interceptions, and fumbles. If they started anywhere near the middle of the field, they were going to give up points. When it came to crunch time in the 3rd and 4tt quarter, they would often fold. They were a very average D.

The D also made mediocre QB like Prescott, backups, and rookies look like superstars. They didn't face too many top 10 QBs.

You cannot play worse defense than the Bucs just did against the Cowboys.

The Raiders defense seemed OK. They were competitive on most of their games.

However, for anyone paying close attention, Tampa's defense was worse than it seemed. They started off like gangbusters the 1st 4,5,6 games. The stats from those games dramatically raised the Bucs D rankings.

Then they trailed off badly. The last 10 games or so, they hardly got any sacks, interceptions, and fumbles. If they started anywhere near the middle of the field, they were going to give up points. When it came to crunch time in the 3rd and 4tt quarter, they would often fold. They were a very average D.

The D also made mediocre QB like Prescott, backups, and rookies look like superstars. They didn't face too many top 10 QBs.
!!!!!!

How will Brady be distracted next year? Is another divorce happening that we don’t know of is he losing 15 pounds agian? Dudes gonna be motivated and be all about football again with coaches that belong on an nfl level

Whether the 49rs win or lose, Purdy is their starter next year. They're on a 10 game winning streak. Everyone needs to crossout SF on the Brady watch list.

As for Tua, if he has a brain, he should decide to sit out the next year. If Miami has a heart, they'll move on from Tua at least for the 2023 season. Brady in Miami fits like a glove. I think 2023 will be Brady's last year.

I read something about Rodgers willing to play somewhere else like the Raiders. They might not be a sure destination fro Brady anymore.

I read something about Rodgers willing to play somewhere else like the Raiders. They might not be a sure destination fro Brady anymore.

That would involve trading tons of draft picks and paying $50 million a year. Brady is a free agent and half the price.

LV pretty much the logical spot for him at this point

That would involve trading tons of draft picks and paying $50 million a year. Brady is a free agent and half the price.
That contract is an albatross for a declining not so great player without Adams. GB might just be happy for someone else to pay him.

a big thing about LV would be Brady not having to learn a new offense. he could run McDaniels offense in his sleep. would just need to focus on chemistry with the receivers

I don’t understand the fear of KC winning the division either. didn’t mean **** for NO in 2020

I think the Chargers take a big step back next season because they seem unable to actually recognize their own issues. Denver will be better but that doesn’t mean they’ll be good. Chiefs are just a mystery box to me, I’ve been predicting their demise for 3 years now.

How will Brady be distracted next year? Is another divorce happening that we don’t know of is he losing 15 pounds agian? Dudes gonna be motivated and be all about football again with coaches that belong on an nfl level

He totally looked like a guy who was having no fun playing football, and that doesn't turn on a dime.

He certainly doesn't sound like he has his act together yet.

He f---ing doesn't know what he's f---ing going to do, otherwise he f---ing would be doing it already.

He sounds like a guy who is still in the middle of the ultimate mid-life crisis.

His options are narrowing day by day.

I think the odds are f---ing good that he f---ing doesn't play football next f---ing season.

It'd be a combination of the offers not being good enough and the situations not good enough for him to reverse his funk and get motivated again.

Tua is seriously one concussion away from being out of the league.
I agree, and think MIA is being foolish to plan on him as #1, but also can understand why they don't see Brady as an ideal stand-in or replacement.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back