PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

It is what it is anymore. They do their own thing and don’t give a **** what anyone thinks or says. Sometimes discouraging but it’s the Patriot Way. Just really don’t understand how they can look at our roster and think backup QB there. Our run defense, OL depth…nope… QB. Just a head shaker but oh well

I think BB has been behind the curve all draft…..Strange wayyyy too early…..Thornton too early from all analysts…..oh well in BB we trust right!?
There is the word analysts. How do they know more then a teams scouts on what the team looks for in a player? Or in a position? Or what other teams think of a player? How many times have the analysis thought someone was a reach then comes out another team wanted the player a few picks later?

We know they don't like Stidham much and Hoyer only has a year left really so getting someone in now who can learn for a year makes loads of sense.

We still have three 6ths, which has traditionally been a round we get our o-line depth. Got Onwenu and Herron there a couple of years ago.

Pity we couldn't have got one of those receivers obviously.

It is what it is anymore. They do their own thing and don’t give a **** what anyone thinks or says. Sometimes discouraging but it’s the Patriot Way. Just really don’t understand how they can look at our roster and think backup QB there. Our run defense, OL depth…nope… QB. Just a head shaker but oh well
Because our back up is well in to his 30s and the other never showed he can handle the job?

Man I don't know... a QB in the 4th?

Especially when we need more defense?

That's more than just "we need a backup". Apart of me thinks this is a RGIII - Kirk Cousins type deal.

After all, Belichick was super conservative with Mac Jones. It was Kraft's choice to get him anyway.

Question, is there any cap benefit from dropping either Hoyer or Stid and replacing them with this rookie? Don’t see any other picks so far as likely to free any cap space. I’d like to see some space open up next so we can sign some free agent vets. Would be happy to see Hicks back here, I was sad to see him go.

Please Trade all those Sixths and move up please don't like the Zappy pick.

Baltimore seems to kill the draft almost every year, yet they seem unable to translate it to taking that next from being a good team to a true top tier contender, even with very good coaching.
Hmmm,

Or maybe the draft anaysts' evaluations should not be carved in stone?

Baltimore seems to kill the draft almost every year, yet they seem unable to translate it to taking that next from being a good team to a true top tier contender, even with very good coaching.
And how many times have the Jets won draft day?

Wonder if we could still trade Harry for a 5th and get Shakir.

Pity we couldn't have got one of those receivers obviously.
how many receivers are already on the team? They might hit the occupancy limit on the receiver room.

Stid have been the Harry of QB's.

It’s the QB. They had Dilfer, Grbec, Boller, Jump Ball Joe, and Lamar over the years. Never had an elite QB. Still managed to win 2 SBs despite that because of the other players and the coaching. If they had the elite QB, they’d be a monster franchise.

I preferred Howell.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back