PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 Discussion Thread

Pats grade out lowest in AFC East. on NFLN...the scumbag punk doing the rating is a Raider lover. Not hard to surmise that these media azzoles still hate the Pats. They are going out of their way to shyt all over Mac Jones for saying he wanted to go to the Pats. David Carr's opinions on the NEP and anything they do is total dogshyt and the fact he is fellating Matt Nagy and the Bears about the Fields pick is the GIANT TELL. These mutts serve at the behest of Roger SCUMBAG Goodell.It's obvious he's still all pi$$y like the three year little friggin' girl he is.

All I can say is thank god we got the safety in round 6 instead of reaching in round 2 or 3 as usual.

The Patriots seemed to do a much better job of matching value to draft position this year.

I know not all draft picks will work out, but they addressed pretty much all their needs and did them at points in the draft that made sense.

We won't know for a few months who's going to pan out as good, great, niche contributor, or straight to the cut bin but...

That being said, I come out of this draft feeling much more satisfied that the Patriots had a cohesive plan of attack on the draft and feel like for the most part they got the players that they wanted at reasonable points in the draft for the value.

For the first time in what feels like YEARS, I can say, I have a good feeling about the Patriots draft class. How many of you are feeling that same sense of relief and dare I say it, satisfaction with our draft today? :excited:

Whatever the Patriots did to revamp their draft strategy this year... Please CONTINUE doing it this way!! :thumbsup:

Yes it's been noticeably different from recent-year drafts where we took a guy multiple rounds too early. Even if you think a guy is good you should know where he might get drafted so you don't wildly overpay. It's basic economics. This draft was smooth and intelligently done.

Savannah was smart enough to surrender the city to Sherman, that is why it remains one of the few cities in the South that wasn’t burnt to the ground during the War of Northern Agression
Oh, you mean the War of the Great Slaveholder Rebellion, the name that reflects the reality that most all the representatives sitting in Southern legislatures and voting for secession were were owners of large numbers of slaves and were fearful of losing them under a Lincoln presidency.

Pats grade out lowest in AFC East. on NFLN...the scumbag punk doing the rating is a Raider lover. Not hard to surmise that these media azzoles still hate the Pats. They are going out of their way to shyt all over Mac Jones for saying he wanted to go to the Pats. David Carr's opinions on the NEP and anything they do is total dogshyt and the fact he is fellating Matt Nagy and the Bears about the Fields pick is the GIANT TELL. These mutts serve at the behest of Roger SCUMBAG Goodell.It's obvious he's still all pi$$y like the three year little friggin' girl he is.

”These are the player draft grades that we are giving pre-draft, based on on our dumbass amateur opinions”

”It looks like some teams differed from our dumbass amateur opinions”

”Let’s give post draft grades, the highest going to the teams that aligned with our dumbass amateur opinions and the lowest going to the teams that diverged from our dumbass amateur opinions”

Historically, anyone named "Nixon" has not done too well in Massachusetts.
Whoa! Hold on partner! Trot Nixon did extremely well. And was one of the most loved players on that team by fans.
Humble,always played hard, uni always dirty. A true dirt dog.
Hes still the only former red sox ive ever seen get multiple standing ovations when he returned.
In real life, he's also a total class act. Has done a lot for underprivileged kids in his hometown.

• Take a look at the picks.
  • Realize that a lot of people are down on Jones.
  • Realize that being a tackle from Alabama doesn't automatically outweigh a player's red flags, and accept that Barmore has red flags.
  • Accept that it's easy to rate the Patriots draft as below the others in the AFCE based upon those two things alone.
  • Realize that there's a long time until we know who's right about all of this.

The sit back, relax, and enjoy the **** show in Green Bay.

Whoa! Hold on partner! Trot Nixon did extremely well. And was one of the most loved players on that team by fans.
Humble,always played hard, uni always dirty. A true dirt dog.
Hes still the only former red sox ive ever seen get multiple standing ovations when he returned.
In real life, he's also a total class act. Has done a lot for underprivileged kids in his hometown.
Sorry, I forgot about Trot.

”These are the player draft grades that we are giving pre-draft, based on on our dumbass amateur opinions”

”It looks like some teams differed from our dumbass amateur opinions”

”Let’s give post draft grades, the highest going to the teams that aligned with our dumbass amateur opinions and the lowest going to the teams that diverged from our dumbass amateur opinions”
I'm not sure there are experts? There some that are better than others - more consistent overall. But I'm not sure there are legit experts. I'm strictly speaking draft track record. Not being an encyclopedia of knowledge like Adams.

Plus one thing I always try to mention is grading prospects and building a roster as a GM are two completely separate things. It's much easier grading a prospect like I do and many others. We're not meshing personalities, predicting how guys will get along two years from now. Looking at the roster - make-up of the team.

I'm not sure there are experts? There some that are better than others - more consistent overall. But I'm not sure there are legit experts. I'm strictly speaking draft track record. Not being an encyclopedia of knowledge like Adams.

Plus one thing I always try to mention is grading prospects and building a roster as a GM are two completely separate things. It's much easier grading a prospect like I do and many others. We're not meshing personalities, predicting how guys will get along two years from now. Looking at the roster - make-up of the team.

I wasn’t trying to denigrate draftniks...more pointing out the stupidity of “draft grades” for teams immediately after the draft.

I wasn’t trying to denigrate draftniks...more pointing out the stupidity of “draft grades” for teams immediately after the draft.
I get that. Again you'll have guys that are more knowledgeable on subjects like Ernie and Bill. I'm just pondering about the term and job. Again you'll have people who are good-great at it but the human element on both side, prospects and coaching makes it tough to be an "expert" when it comes to selecting prospects.

Nobody has been a Patriot even close to Ernie's many years. Nobody. Think he started wuth Chuck Fairbanks in the 70's.
I was thinking Dante but I guess he started 4 years after Fairbanks.

I, for one, think you are being too restrained.

Nobody has been a Patriot even close to Ernie's many years. Nobody. Think he started wuth Chuck Fairbanks in the 70's.

Dante is the closest I can think of. Started in 82 and was actually a coach for SB XX..

I was thinking Dante but I guess he started 4 years after Fairbanks.
Theyre both awesome. Dante is the goat ol coach imho. Pats really have 4 goats: TB,
BB,Gronk and Dante. Pretty damn impressive

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back