PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2019 Offseason rumors and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already said it in a different thread. But if you want a low percentage big time trade scenario then I'd be all on the Pats going for AJ Green.

Bengals having a new coach ? Check.
Player in the final year of his contract ? Check.
Team might value draft picks over 1 year of a player they won't resign ? Check.
Big time outside threat ? Check.
Injured every year

Happy to see Grantham turned down the Bengals job. He gets a lot of flak in Gainesville, but he's a good DC.

OBJ doesn’t even like to stay hydrated. He’s constantly cramping up and needing IVs because he claims that he’s not able to deal with the “squishy” feeling in his stomach from drinking water. He just doesn’t care for water.

Did someone gave him milk instead of water?

17 missed games since 2011. Next garbage narrative please.
Missed games don't reflect the many games he played impaired. You win.

We gave up a 1st for cooks whose half the wr Odell is and wasn’t locked up long term. I’d give up a 1st and a 3rd for him especially if Gronk retires

We gave up a 1st for cooks whose half the wr Odell is and wasn’t locked up long term. I’d give up a 1st and a 3rd for him especially if Gronk retires

I soured on obj the game against Norman a few years back. He’s proven to this point to be mentally weak. PASS.

How do you guys feel about the Kyler Murray idea of us trading up for him? I'm against it only because what it would take in terms of draft picks that we desperately need to get young talent on an aging roster.

Kyler Murray is going to be a top 5 pick. What makes you think that Belichick is going to spend that sort of draft capital to move up into the top 5 for a shot at Murray?

Also, the idea that we have an "aging" roster is flawed. It ignores the fact that the Patriots had 5 players from this past draft class spend the entire season on IR. Michel and Dawson missed time as well.

The Patriots have 56 players (out of 90) under contract. They have 12 draft picks in the draft, 6 in the top 100. Plus the 5 guys I mentioned . They also have Darren Andrews and Damoun Patterson.

People who get hung up on the "age" of the roster tent to be overlooking a plethora of details.

I don't have any rumors, but non-Patriot UFA players that I like:

Pierre Garcon
John Brown
Kevin White
Tavon Austin (take Edelman off PR's and might replace Patterson as KR?)
Cody Latimer
Golden Tate

Tyler Eifert

Michael Johnson
Cameron Wake
Brandon Graham

Grady Jarrett
Brandon Mebane
Sheldon Richardson
Haloti Ngata

Thomas Davis
Deone Bucannon

Robbie Gould (if we lose Gostkowski)

I don't have any rumors, but non-Patriot UFA players that I like:

Pierre Garcon
John Brown
Kevin White
Tavon Austin (take Edelman off PR's and might replace Patterson as KR?)
Cody Latimer
Golden Tate

Tyler Eifert

Michael Johnson
Cameron Wake
Brandon Graham

Grady Jarrett
Brandon Mebane
Sheldon Richardson
Haloti Ngata

Thomas Davis
Deone Bucannon

Robbie Gould (if we lose Gostkowski)

Golden Tate would be the ideal guy, but no idea how much he is going to want.

I'd like to see Tavon Austin, would take a lot of work off Edelman and i think he may be slightly more effective as a WR than Patterson, but Patterson from kick Offs is scary.

Grady Jarrett he would be brilliant in this scheme. if we can resign Flowers, i'd love to see those two along with Adam Butler rushing on Third Down, would be a very good front.

Bucannon is another guy we've shown interest in over the years, but wonder how many $$ it would take to sign him.

Golden Tate would be the ideal guy, but no idea how much he is going to want.

I'd like to see Tavon Austin, would take a lot of work off Edelman and i think he may be slightly more effective as a WR than Patterson, but Patterson from kick Offs is scary.

Grady Jarrett he would be brilliant in this scheme. if we can resign Flowers, i'd love to see those two along with Adam Butler rushing on Third Down, would be a very good front.

Bucannon is another guy we've shown interest in over the years, but wonder how many $$ it would take to sign him.

Yeah, it's always $$$$.

Like last year when BB put Chubb thru drills...and told him, "You won't be on the board when we pick..."

Yeah, it's always $$$$.

Like last year when BB put Chubb thru drills...and told him, "You won't be on the board when we pick..."

We can dream..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back