PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2011 Senior Bowl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great to hear that S Maneri is impressing. It makes more sense to resign Light and draft guard and center in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Cameron Jordan at 6'4 1/8 and 288 with those 34 1/2" arms could be someone to look at for the RDE position..

Pretty amazing that both Carimi and Constanzo came in at 6'07 1/8 and 35 1/4" arms..

Ryan Kerrigan coming in at 6'3 and 7/8" is good.. His 33 1/2" arms are good as well..

I love C Jordan thought he might last to #28 but now looks like he will not last to #17. Interesting to see if G Carimi can play guard, if so would be good at #33.

R Kerrigan not so much!:rocker:

I love C Jordan thought he might last to #28 but now looks like he will not last to #17. Interesting to see if G Carimi can play guard, if so would be good at #33.

R Kerrigan not so much!:rocker:

Is trading up for Jordan a possibility if there is no way he lasts to #17? Is he that much of a perfect fit for this defense?

According to DraftInsiders Jordan looked great again today, I think he's going top 12, sorry. They also say Christian Ballard looked excellent today, he's a guy who could make it to us at #28.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4351

Last edited:
Is trading up for Jordan a possibility if there is no way he lasts to #17? Is he that much of a perfect fit for this defense?
I don't see trading up, there are other good options for 34DE. I've seen him listed as top 10 pick. Combine will be very telling.

Two different analysts say he's really impressive in practices. I'm speculating that he may be very high on the Pats board for #17 as a player who fits their profile. One or two of the OTs may also be near the top, even though I prefer defense with that pick.
Hate Wes Bunting (National Football Post) but his day 2 notes on senior bowl regarding C Jordan are very positive “downright dominant at times as a pass rusher”

It is great to hear that S Maneri is impressing. It makes more sense to resign Light and draft guard and center in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Another possibility, depending on our depth, it to grab a really good blocking TE and train/bulk him up like they’re doing with Maneri, Lee Smith from Marshall seems like a good candidate. If we can simply grow our tackles it makes a lot more sense than buying them at a premium.

Another possibility, depending on our depth, it to grab a really good blocking TE and train/bulk him up like they’re doing with Maneri, Lee Smith from Marshall seems like a good candidate. If we can simply grow our tackles it makes a lot more sense than buying them at a premium.

The thing is that's what Vollmer and Solder were. TE's coming out of HS who redshirted and switched to OT. Why wait until someone gets to the NFL when you can have the guy who's had 2-3 years experience as an OT already? It's gonna take Maneri at least 1-2 more years to be ready IMO and by then he will take someone's place like LeVoir on the roster and be a backup.

The thing is that's what Vollmer and Solder were. TE's coming out of HS who redshirted and switched to OT. Why wait until someone gets to the NFL when you can have the guy who's had 2-3 years experience as an OT already? It's gonna take Maneri at least 1-2 more years to be ready IMO and by then he will take someone's place like LeVoir on the roster and be a backup.

It all comes down to impact. If I can grow my O-linemen and when they're ready insert them into the lineup I don't have to spend those draft picks and can use them elsewhere if that's what gives me the best return.

We actually don't know how long it'll take Maneri to be ready, and there's no reason he can't be promoted to being a starter.

Wow take Kerrigan off my draft board for sure now. Kid can't shed blocks and that's a must for the 3-4.

Monday Practice Notes: Up and down. Once he got a step on a opponents he was impossible to stop. Then again if a defender got his hand on them Kerrigan struggled getting off blocks.
Tuesday Practice Notes: Kerrigan played with fantastic leverage. He makes the right hat reads against the run. His issue remains the same as yesterday, once an offensive lineman has his paws on the end, he struggled to counter.

It would be nice to get Cameron Jordan. He sounds like he was dominating the OL. And the list of OL at the senior bowl is full of 1st and 2nd round potential guys.

Monday Practice Notes: Looked very impressive for most of the day. Incredibly athletic and shows terrific speed up the field or in pursuit. Was easily blocked at times yet for the most had a good day.
Tuesday Practice Notes: Jordan was easily the best player on the field today for the North. He was basically unblockable throughout entire day. He worked against pressure very well during the early portion of practice. He played with leverage and worked downt he line. He cleaned the hands of offensive linemen when they did get into his body. He moved inside and outside along the entire line. And he cleanly beat every linemen he faced in pass rush drills.

Senior Bowl Practice Reports: North

Keep an eye out on Hankerson. This receiver also has nice size, big hands, and long arms for his height. 33" on a receiver?? There are some offensive linemen with shorter arms!

Leonard Hankerson WR Miami-Fl 6015 205 33 10 5/8

Monday Practice Notes: Hankerson was a handful for whoever drew the duty to cover the Miami product. He was easily able to create separation and beat multiple cornerbacks deep.
Tuesday Practice Notes: Terrific practice for Hankerson. Runs better than average routes, extends his hands to offer the quarterback a nice target and catches the ball away from his frame. Consistent hand catcher. Won out in a number of battles and made a number of nice catches in crowds.

Could be worth looking at with our late 2nd or one of our 3rds.
Leonard Hankerson Scouting Report - 2011 NFL Draft Prospect

He's not a burner but if he has a knack for creating separation and outpositioning the DB to catch contested balls he could still add another threat that will help us convert more 3rd downs.

Last edited:
Re: Ballard...

Yeah, I agree completely. I think some team is going to reach on Matthews expecting to get his brother, so the Pats will have to "settle" for Marecic, who is really a better fit anyway.

Marecic might not even want to play football. He had to be cajoled to come to the Senior Bowl and combine.

He is a fantastic student and feels his future might be somewhere else.

Re: Ballard...

Marecic might not even want to play football. He had to be cajoled to come to the Senior Bowl and combine.

He is a fantastic student and feels his future might be somewhere else.

Where'd you hear/read this? :(

Keep an eye out on Hankerson. This receiver also has nice size, big hands, and long arms for his height. 33" on a receiver?? There are some offensive linemen with shorter arms!

Could be worth looking at with our late 2nd or one of our 3rds.
Leonard Hankerson Scouting Report - 2011 NFL Draft Prospect

He's not a burner but if he has a knack for creating separation and outpositioning the DB to catch contested balls he could still add another threat that will help us convert more 3rd downs.

I think Hankerson might be the best WR value out there. He'd do well in this offense.

Christian Ballard has looked good, he's moved up to what what be a really nice pick at #28 and he may not make it there although with such a strong DL group he probably will. With us having shown interest in Ahmad Black it's interesting the he's looked good enough in coverage that CB may be his best position given his lack of size at Safety. He could be a perfect nickel back being a Safety but having close to CB coverage abililty.

I think Hankerson might be the best WR value out there. He'd do well in this offense.

Agreed, he seems like he could be something between a Jabar Gaffney and an Anquan Boldin, which would add a nice dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes