PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2011 Senior Bowl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but Light still gave up double the sacks of any other lineman. Numbers don't mean everything. But that is definitely not good. Light was never very athletic anyways. With age, that has not gotten better.

I see a lot of EYE-POPPING numbers on these OL. A lot of guys 6'5 or taller with 34" or longer arms. This really could be the year to draft OT.

James Brewer Indiana OL 6062 323 10 3/8 35 3/8
Gabe Carimi Wisconsin OL 6071 315 10 3/8 35 1/4
Anthony Castonzo Boston College OL 6071 305 10 3/4 35 1/4
Nate Solder Colorado OL 6082 314 9 3/4 34 1/2
Marcus Gilbert OL Florida 6064 329 9 7/8 34
DeMarcus Love OL Arkansas 6045 318 9 1/2 35
Derek Sherrod OL Mississippi State 6055 312 11 35 1/2
Lee Ziemba OL Auburn 6060 317 9 1/2 33 1/2
Senior Bowl Measurements: North
Senior Bowl Measurements: South

That's over a half dozen players in the Senior Bowl alone that feature those prototype OT measurements. Unless there is an early run on tackles, I have a feeling that we cant wait until 28 and still get a starter worthy OT.

Keep in mind Dante has had Steve Maneri on the shelf for a bit and the kid has apparently been impressing lately, if we move Seabass to LT and Maneri to RT we are basically shopping for backups at that point.

Keep in mind Dante has had Steve Maneri on the shelf for a bit and the kid has apparently been impressing lately, if we move Seabass to LT and Maneri to RT we are basically shopping for backups at that point.
Where did you read that he's been impressing ?

He's my practice squad binky for sure, his combination of size, athleticism and work ethic - along with choosing to stay with the Pats over going back to the Texans because he thought Scar was the right coach for him - has me intrigued. Vollmer at LT and Kaczur as an insurance policy to Manieri is intriguing if they really like Manieri long term. We can't keep eliminating needs, though, we have to use these picks somewhere :rocker:

Right but Light still gave up double the sacks of any other lineman. Numbers don't mean everything. But that is definitely not good. Light was never very athletic anyways. With age, that has not gotten better.

Sorry, VJC, there is no way you can claim that Light had double the sacks allowed when it's clear that PFW attributed sacks allowed to Light that were clearly Connolly's fault.

Bunting says Solder has a 35" measured arm length. There's a nice group of Tackles this year, we could rebuild the OL quickly by drafting one to replace Light, resigning Mankins and drafting one G or C.

I would be quite happy with something like :

1a - OT
1b - Wisniewski
2a - Heyward
2b - Beal

Rebuild the OL, get the Front 7 guys we need then we still have the two threes for various BPA options.

that is a great draft...I would be ecstatic if that happens 1a with Costanzo.

Where did you read that he's been impressing ?

He's my practice squad binky for sure, his combination of size, athleticism and work ethic - along with choosing to stay with the Pats over going back to the Texans because he thought Scar was the right coach for him - has me intrigued. Vollmer at LT and Kaczur as an insurance policy to Manieri is intriguing if they really like Manieri long term. We can't keep eliminating needs, though, we have to use these picks somewhere :rocker:

On WEEI they said he and Taylor Price had gotten the “Black shirts” recently, an award of sorts for outstanding performances in practices.

Christian Ballard both were impressive today. Fua consistently was able to gain penetration through pushing the pocket with his impressive strength. Ballard was quick off the ball and showed excellent versatility, lining up at both defensive end and tackle.

BB loves his versatile DL in Balalrd.

that is a great draft...I would be ecstatic if that happens 1a with Costanzo.

Except that Castonzo supposedly looked bad yesterday. Hopefully, he looks better today.

Castanzo just needs to add strength...I think he will be ok. it's a marathon not a sprint or something to that effect ;)

I'm liking WR Titus Young so far.

Ballard...

BB loves his versatile DL in Ballard.

Pats are scheduled to interview Ballard today.

EDIT: Pats also met with LB Casey Matthews.

Last edited:
Castanzo just needs to add strength...I think he will be ok. it's a marathon not a sprint or something to that effect ;)

Recent BC grab here. When Castanzo came in and started freshman year he needed to add weight. Despite being undersized at that point he played very well. He added the weight and got better every year. I expect the same type of improvement in the NFL. He is too smart and too hard of a worker to not improve.

Re: Ballard...

Good, they're already looking at a Tracy White replacement;)

I think that Owen Marecic would be a better replacement for White. He plays LB and FB..

With that being said, I'd love to see White back with the Pats next season.. Great leader on special teams. Someone we hadn't had since Izzo left.

Last edited:
Re: Ballard...

I think that Owen Marecic would be a better replacement for White. He plays LB and FB..

With that being said, I'd love to see White back with the Pats next season.. Great leader on special teams. Someone we hadn't had since Izzo left.

Yeah, I agree completely. I think some team is going to reach on Matthews expecting to get his brother, so the Pats will have to "settle" for Marecic, who is really a better fit anyway.

seems like Kerrigan, Jordan and Carimi had good days and I see them all as options for the Pats with 17.

Call me optimistic, but I think that if the Pats go with Jordan first, they could end up with Kerrigan at 28 and still get a good OT at 33..

Call me optimistic, but I think that if the Pats go with Jordan first, they could end up with Kerrigan at 28 and still get a good OT at 33..

That would be a dream scenario for the first 33 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference