PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

off-season free agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Ok. Time to move on and think about how the pats will get better. Whos out there to be had?

Honestly i think our biggest needs are corners and wideouts. The offensive line needs help but i think healthy we have enough there.

I know this. Im ok with Talib moving on. Not worth having if youre gonna be on the sidelines during the most important game of the year.

Ill start by saying that Decker would be a good option.

Need to find a way to sign Eric Decker if he doesn't re sign with the bronc. He's a whiny little ***** but, he's a big target with great hands.

Better find someone cause this season proved they are extremely short on offense.

Alex Mack.... that is all.

decker will stay with the broncos becasue he is a ****

I am fine with talib leaving...isn't healthy enough

A left DE that most resembles Mathis would be at the top of my list.

I want a young center to build my line around.

A TE to complement Gronk.

A SS who is a hybrid LB/SS ... Gregory is good but we need a hammer in there.

decker will stay with the broncos becasue he is a ****

I am fine with talib leaving...isn't healthy enough

I don't think we're going to have the cap space to keep him. The Jets are supposedly targeting him too...I think it'd be a great signing for the Pats...take him from Denver and keep him from the Jets.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Bob kraft isn't going to sign a big name receiver :rolleyes:

Hey you. Kraft doesn't control which players his money is spent on. You need to learn that. It would make your posts less crappy.

I just have no clue why we signed Amendola... let's just ditch Amendola and keep Edelman, Edelman pretty much stole Amendola's role this year as the slot guy. How bad of a cap penalty would we get ditching him after one year??

Who does then? If he doesn't control the money why do so many of you call him the best owner ever?

educate me :rolleyes:
He's an awesome owner because he picked the right guy to make the vast majority of the football decisions and because he lets that guy make the vast majority of the football decisions.

If you want to blame a guy for personnel or coaching decisions, then blame Belichick. And then tell us who you'd rather having in charge of the team.

explain who signs the players..is that so hard for you to do? Help me understand.

Combination of the worst owner, and the worst HC/GM that ever existed in professional sports!

so belichick controls all the signings? i always thought kraft had power over the pats like jerry jones..
Kraft does have that power (he is Belichick's boss, after all), but he doesn't really use it. There were reports of Myra convincing Bob to have some player cut for disciplinary reasons (I won't claim to completely understand the situation), but Kraft isn't the kind of guy who tells Belichick that he needs to sign a big name WR some offseason. He rightfully understands that Belichick has a better idea of how to build a team than he does and lets him do what he sees fit.

Jerry Jones is the perfect example of what you don't want in an owner. He got rich because of oil, bought the Cowboys, and decided that he's the best person to run the football operations, which anybody outside of him can see isn't true.

We should try to do something with Danny and get rid of him

We should go after nicks if.

we cant not get him we should sell out on defense.

and get brent grimes.

Talib is a beast but he can not stay on the field

A left DE that most resembles Mathis would be at the top of my list.

I want a young center to build my line around.

A TE to complement Gronk.

A SS who is a hybrid LB/SS ... Gregory is good but we need a hammer in there.

If I could like the above a 1,000 times, I would. Thank you, thank you , thank you...

I'm sick of seeing outdoor turf teams being fielded in NE. You can't win too many games in Jan. when the opposing QB isn't on his butt even twice throughout the entire game.

Let's use some perspective here - this Patriots team is not far off at all from being "elite." If they can maintain health next year, and add a few veterans and positions of "need" (Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Wide Receiver), combined with the continued development of rookie and 2nd year players.... this team is primed for another run. Again. Really, especially given how bad the AFC is.

As for free agents... the Patriots have 3 "big" free agents this year: Talib, Edelman and Blount. Of the 3, I would prioritize Talib, and then Edelman and Blount if the money is right.

People bash Talib because he gets injured, but seriously, what better option is there? You're really wanting to let go of a Pro-Bowl caliber Cornerback who changes the entire complexion of the defense and throw the likes of Logan Ryan and Kyle Arrington back into the fire? I would like to avoid that situation. His injuries could actually help the Patriots retain him, as no team will want to pay top dollar for an injury risk.

Edelman was awesome this year... but that just goes to show the Patriots system MAKES slot receivers productive. Edelman wouldn't be half the receiver he is if he leaves New England for any other team that isn't the Denver Broncos. If he wants to return, it will be on the Patriots' terms. Amendola is a better receiver than Edelman (he is)... but people forget that Amendola played the WHOLE YEAR on torn adductors and a torn groin. He is tough as nails. Get him healthy and he WILL put up numbers comparable to Welker's.

Blount was impressive, but as with all running backs not named Adrian Peterson, they are replaceable. If he comes back it will be cheap and as a backup. If not, the Pats will likely draft a RB.

i wanted brent grimes last year..he is a FA this year again

Patriots have some salary cap issues going into next year. Mankins and Wilfork might have to restructure or be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back