PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same crying we hear each and every year.

Not one person on this board dares go on record with how good our WR were last year.

It's a known major weakness.

Their head coach is Freddie Kitchens who now has a team full of ego's and insanely high expectations to contend with.

Nobody knows if Freddie Kitchens can lead men or make in game decisions, Pittsburgh just missed the playoffs with a better team than this Browns team which shows you 10-6 is far from a sure thing.
Hey, if he can't stand the heat he should stay out the........

Browns vs the Super Bowl Champs sounds like it could be a fun Thursday Night opener.

Feels weird to say that. Lol

Browns vs the Super Bowl Champs sounds like it could be a fun Thursday Night opener.

Feels weird to say that. Lol

I can see the NFL scheduling the Browns as our home opener and save KC for late in the season

It puts the Browns as the 3rd best team in the AFC behind NE and KC. Really the only thing keeping them from being higher is the inexperience of Mayfield.

KC couldn’t stop anyone last year and have lost Houston/Ford for Matthieu. I’d put Cleveland ahead of them

To beat pick 17, Cleveland’s 3rd & Peppers, the Pats would’ve needed to trade 32, both 2nds or 32 & 2020 1st. Just too expensive + the contract.

Depending on what NYG plan is - and i know how silly NYG and plan look together at the moment. If they are tanking for next yr QB 2 NE 1st rounders would do the trick. It would be expensive but at least you know what you're getting - at least on the field.

We will see what comes out of these picks but at the moment i have a hard time deciding who is a bigger clown PIT or NYG . bc. this is a major steal for Dorsey esp. if you consider their sub 10 1st round drafting..

i mean Pats gave 1st rounder (albeit low) for Cooks and CLE just added a 3rd rounder and basically a ST player for OBJ..

if they were “blown away“ by this deal then they should move in another business

the only explanation i have is it was the owners order to get rid of OBJ..
____

this creates major pressure on GM what he does with this picks. if it is just to move up this year to secure Haskins there will be a riot bc they were positioned in top 3 picks for most part of the season..

the only other explanation i can find is if they are in love w Murray and know that ARI is not taking him and have maybe a deal in place..

Not one person on this board dares go on record with how good our WR were last year.

It's a known major weakness.
Since you put it singular Jules was nasty. :D

Steelers fans must be in meltdown mode right now.

Eagles get Jackson and re-sign Barnett. Bills get Beasley. Chiefs get Mathieu. Ravens sign Ingram. Giants get a huge haul in this trade. What do all these teams have in common? They all play the Patriots in 2019. Patriots need to do something.

The Patriots will roll out Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

Advantage: New England

Eagles get Jackson and re-sign Barnett. Bills get Beasley. Chiefs get Mathieu. Ravens sign Ingram. Giants get a huge haul in this trade. What do all these teams have in common? They all play the Patriots in 2019. Patriots need to do something.
Huh? Barnett is 2 years into his rookie contract with the Eagles.

Anyone trying to compare what we could have offered to Cleveland's deal should keep in mind that the difference between pick 32 and pick 17 is probably another first round pick. For reference, the Saints gave the Packers an extra first rounder to move from 27 to 14 a year or two back.

So we'd have to give up two firsts, a third, and a player for OBJ to match the Browns. Peppers is decent too; Harmon seems like a decent comp, albeit different salaries.

Huh? Barnett is 2 years into his rookie contract with the Eagles.

Edited it. I meant Graham. It's just scary to think that a bunch of teams the Pats play in 2019 are making huge additions. Meanwhile...nothing from the Pats yet. I am still holding out hope that they sign Tate. Can't go into the season like they went into 2018. And yes I realize they won the SB.

Edited it. I meant Graham. It's just scary to think that a bunch of teams the Pats play in 2019 are making huge additions. Meanwhile...nothing from the Pats yet. I am still holding out hope that they sign Tate. Can't go into the season like they went into 2018. And yes I realize they won the SB.
Dosent this happen every year?

Arent the Pats good every year?

I wouldn't want Tate for anything more than $10m MAX.

He's not THAT special to pay something like $14M-15 which another team will offer.

Not that this means that much, but the 3rd rounder the Giants got was the Patriots pick from the Danny Shelton deal.

When you consider that both New England and the Rams gave up a 1st for Brandon Cooks, it's not that much more.
You mean Cooks who was on a pretty low contract when he arrived in New England?

Beckham has a 16 million hit, as well as costing an additional 3rd round pick and a recently picked first round Safety in Peppers.

Yeah, not even close to comparable to what the Pats gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back