PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham Ankle Injury

THIS. I hate those shoulder drive by tackles. No reason to not wrap him up and tackle properly on that play.

absolutely. gutless and cheap hit.

You're hitting a WR in the side while he's in the air. NO reason at all to not drill him in the hip or stand up and pop him in the ribs.

Diving low is the definition of sackless.

I was watching the game, it was clear from the get go that he wasn't hurt, in fact he should have been penalized. Not only did he throw the ball in a hissyfit, he took his helmet off in the field of play, he then left the field and went directly to the locker room. I doubt the Giants trainers even knew where he was. He ran into the tunnel, and then saw that the cameras were following him, and only then did he go to his knees. By the time they took him to the x-rays a few minutes later, he was already out of his socks and wearing flip flops.

He is mentally unstable, it is only a matter of time, before he does something really stupid.

Hits like this r commonplace now because the NFL is scared schittless about concussions and further lawsuits.... All because you can't do so much as as breath on a receiver in the shoulder area or above these days

Can't go high so you go low. The drama queen antics aside. Nothing dirty or illegal about the hit. If he goes to the mid section and OBJ ducks lower than the DB expects and hits him in the head its a penalty.

More contrived outrage over nothing. Its football.

Can't go high so you go low. The drama queen antics aside. Nothing dirty or illegal about the hit. If he goes to the mid section and OBJ ducks lower than the DB expects and hits him in the head its a penalty.

That's ******** that you go low. We've been through this a billion times. You're allowed to tackle around the waist as well. Guess what, if you tackle with your head up, and wrap your arms around the waist, most likely the ball carrier will fall to the ground.

It was a ****ty tackle to begin with, he was gonna hit him in the legs with his shoulder anyway (not a textbook form tackle).

The one thing that has been missed is how E-LIE has been leaving his wide receivers out to dry. Why is he making passes like that in the pre season. 1st to Marshall, and then to the drama queen. E-LIE needs to share some blame for this.

you're full of it. that's a scumbag hit.

all he has to do is line up to drill him in the hip. if Beckham ducks lower he gets hit in the chest. no danger of a flag.

That's ******** that you go low. We've been through this a billion times. You're allowed to tackle around the waist as well. Guess what, if you tackle with your head up, and wrap your arms around the waist, most likely the ball carrier will fall to the ground.

It was a ****ty tackle to begin with, he was gonna hit him in the legs with his shoulder anyway (not a textbook form tackle).

********? Its football its not for the sensitive. I'm not big on tackling by throwing a shoulder, but there is nothing illegal about it. Guess what, if you tackle with your head up and wrap your arms around where you think his waist is going to be and he ends up lower than you project and hit him in the head, its a penalty. Can't have it both ways.

I don't know how much football you watch but if you haven't noticed form tackling is pretty much non-existant these days at any level. It will shortly be hanging with unicorns.

That's why I'm ok with Gronk playing only a couple series and doing only blocking duty against the Lions. I don't like to play against those garbage teams with garbage recruiting that have some thugs out there trying to make some noise before go flipping burguers.

you're full of it. that's a scumbag hit.

all he has to do is line up to drill him in the hip. if Beckham ducks lower he gets hit in the chest. no danger of a flag.

Only one side is full of it. You watch a sport based on sheer violence and cry when something hurts your sensibilities because it might hurt the guy?

That hit happens dozens of times every week throughout the NFL and no one cares about it. But OBJ, a fantasy stud acts like a drama queen and suddenly its dirty. This league (and all lower levels as well) has adopted a policy that whether or not the referee sees the hit to the head, if its perceived to be close a flag gets thrown. Light a guy up with a big hit in the chest and more often than not a flag is flying through the air. Don't blame the defenders, blame the over regulation of a violent sport based on nano second decisions.

Is it illegal? Then its not dirty.

The one thing that has been missed is how E-LIE has been leaving his wide receivers out to dry. Why is he making passes like that in the pre season. 1st to Marshall, and then to the drama queen. E-LIE needs to share some blame for this.
I agree and I believe it's because he isn't a really accurate passer. I hear analysts on TV describe him as a HOF player and I'm just dismayed. He ****-lucked a couple of SB wins. He's largely been an interception machine his entire career. I think he sucks.

Big Ben. What an absolute warrior. He's already in midseason form...

View attachment 17801

Paul Pierce used to pull that **** too. Guy gets wheeled off in a wheelchair in the Finals because he was just... so... hurt... only to jog out of the tunnel 10 minutes later and sprint up and down the court.
Ironically enough, all of the talk around town is about how Ben made it through camp without throwing an INT, like that makes any difference whatsoever. Everyone will conveniently ignore the fact that he's already iced up, head to toe, in week two of the preseason.

Tough to tell who had the biggest boo boo.
This is a man who had the ambulance take him off the field in a stretcher for a shoulder injury.

Too bad it's completely opposite of the "Ben is tough and Brady's a wussy" narrative.

I hate low hits, but I get that these guys have been put in a difficult situation. If you go in high, you're getting a 15 yard flag, a fine, possibly a suspension, and an ejection if you do it twice. So they're going to go in low instead. That's just how guys are going to tackle now because the rules pretty much mandate it. Which is why the vast majority of the time, on low hits I'll give the defender the benefit of the doubt.

This one is stretching it, though. Maybe it's just bad aim and unfortunate timing, but it looks like he launches helmet-first directly into Beckham's knee while Beckham is defenseless from going up for the catch, is just planting that same knee, and cannot see the defender. Plus Gregg Williams is their DC, which is almost a benefit-of-the-doubt eraser in its own right. It wasn't Burfict-level bad, but I get why people would be upset about it.

This is a man who had the ambulance take him off the field in a stretcher for a shoulder injury.

Too bad it's completely opposite of the "Ben is tough and Brady's a wussy" narrative.

The narrative continues. There is an ESPN article out right now which I won't link to here. The headline is..... you won't believe this......

Ben Roethlisberger has been off the mark at times, but that's not a bad thing

Can you imagine someone writing this about Brady? He would never make this type of an excuse. And if other fans saw this they would complain "Stop making excuses for Crybaby Tommy." Annoying AF.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back