PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham Ankle Injury

I don't know how much football you watch but if you haven't noticed form tackling is pretty much non-existant these days at any level. It will shortly be hanging with unicorns.

Oh I gotcha now, Why tackle correctly? If nobody else is doing it Might as well not even bother.

Personally I'd rather see a player get injured every down then have players actually tackle each other. /s

Many teams now teach the Seahawks method of tackling the legs and then going into a roll.

********? Its football its not for the sensitive. I'm not big on tackling by throwing a shoulder, but there is nothing illegal about it. Guess what, if you tackle with your head up and wrap your arms around where you think his waist is going to be and he ends up lower than you project and hit him in the head, its a penalty. Can't have it both ways.

I don't know how much football you watch but if you haven't noticed form tackling is pretty much non-existant these days at any level. It will shortly be hanging with unicorns.

First off, I didn't say ANYWHERE in my post the hit was ILLEGAL. I dare you to highlight where I said that.

To answer your second paragraph, I've watched football for 54 years, and played organized football for 7. Just because form tackling is non-existent, doesn't mean the way they tackle today isn't wrong, or even harmful to the ball carrier or tackler.

It just makes me laugh when people say hitting low is the only place you can hit anymore. It's so dumb to say that, when you can legally hit in the chest and waist. How many people get hurdled nowadays because of poor tackling ? How many ball carriers have to have their knees blown out ? How many tacklers need to be hurt because they don't know how to tackle ?

Just because it's a lost art, doesn't mean it shouldn't be taught as the correct way of playing.

What a Drama Queen!!!

My question was he aware he was still being filmed once he reached the stadium hallway and went to the ground, my first uncharitable thought was what a diva.
Well, we're both uncharitable, because I had the exact same thought.

I wonder why so many people are disregarding the possibility of a stinger, or whatever word they use for them these days.

We've all had that one hit or fall or whatever that hurt like a sum***** and you were sure it was a sprain and half an hour later you're maybe not fine, but you're not injured either. Sounds to me like what happened to OBJ.

Sounds like he was mostly fine after walking it off for a bit. In a live game I'm sure they would have suited OBJ back up and thrown him back onto the field, and I doubt he'd have a problem with that, but this is the preseason, there's no reward for being the ultimate macho man here, and risking injury (or risking a risk of injury if that makes any sense) to a star player just because testosterone is foolish so they kept him out.

This a Mt. Molehill situation -- just one of those things that when you see it being talked about, you know that there's nothing to actually talk about.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back