PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco on the difference between NE and other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that is really cool. It goes to show me that it is a combo of both Bill and Brady that makes everything in NE work. If Brady doesn't buy in (which I'm sure a lot of high profile QBs wouldn't) then it makes it much tougher for Bill to get the rest of the team to buy in. It really is a testament to Brady's humbleness and willingness to learn as much as it is to Bill's greatness to hear stories like this.

Wow, that is really cool. It goes to show me that it is a combo of both Bill and Brady that makes everything in NE work. If Brady doesn't buy in (which I'm sure a lot of high profile QBs wouldn't) then it makes it much tougher for Bill to get the rest of the team to buy in. It really is a testament to Brady's humbleness and willingness to learn as much as it is to Bill's greatness to hear stories like this.

...and TB12's work ethic, toughness and football IQ helped him absorb and apply Bill's teachings.

If he was the second coming of Tony Eason none of this would have happened.

Last edited:
This is what makes BB great. NO ONE is above the team. When every other jabroni franchise is stumbling over themselves trying to get their leadership together, the Pats have it on lock. I love this team.

I don't think Chad was not smart enough to pick up the offense. I do think that some part of him felt so worried by the way the pats do things that he was constantly thinking and I think it slowed him down and it restricted his creativity somewhat. It's more of a fit than smarts. Chad was the type of player that needed a certain environment to be productive.

Last edited:
Well, practice is rehearsal for the big dance and thus, if you perform poorly in practice, you're reinforcing poor habits/technique/approach/attitude for gameday so this isn't surprising.

Look at Skip coming in and saying "Did BB tell Brady he was going to do that before the meeting?"

Of course he didn't you dumbass! What a joke. In Skip's world where everything is contrived and needs a false narrative, stuff like that happens. But that's Skips world. He just can't accept that greatness requires accountability.

...and TB12's work ethic, toughness and football IQ helped him absorb and apply Bill's teachings.

If he was the second coming of Tony Eason none of this would have happened.

If Brady had been the second coming of Tony Eason, no way that Rehbein recommends drafting him..

If Brady had been the second coming of Tony Eason, no way that Rehbein recommends drafting him..
Agree completely.

Trying to remember the other QB Rehbein recommended to BB.....

Thing is, Brady probably ripped himself worse for his own play and had fixed any mistakes.

There is something special about 2016 Pats though.
You could sense it in BB already in preseason. There's a feeling he's going all in this year - from FA to draft to trades - making roster stronger and deeper every day.

Slater - head of the locker room - always modest and moderate goes out to say:

"The thing about this team that really excited me is how well we get along and how we care for one another beyond the football field," he said. "It's a unique vibe."

Look at Skip coming in and saying "Did BB tell Brady he was going to do that before the meeting?"

Of course he didn't you dumbass! What a joke. In Skip's world where everything is contrived and needs a false narrative, stuff like that happens. But that's Skips world. He just can't accept that greatness requires accountability.
Actually I would have been surprised if BB didn't give Tom a head's up about what he was going to do, and Tom probably said, "cool". Not that Bill was asking Tom's permission, but just being respectful enough to let him know what's about to happen.

Chad, was an elite receiver in this league with over 11,o00 yds receiving (IIRC). So it's not like he was some scrub. I always liked him, but it must have been like he was coming from another planet when he arrived here after playing all those years in Cinci, when they never asked him to make sight adjustments. Too bad he couldn't do it. Neither could Reggie Wayne. Once again it just shows that the skill set for WR's to excell in this system is NOT for everyone, and it makes drafting WR's even more tricky.

That being said, Chad was on the money in hammering home how the Pats practice at such a high level, and leadership comes from the top down. When you watch the post game locker room clips after each win, you can see how often BB references how what they did in practice reflects in how they played the game. He's always bringing home how important how they practice reflects on the results of the game.

The the first thing he said to the team was to Malcolm. "catch them in practice. Catch them in the game. And everyone cheered.

I actually was thinking the same thing as Skip, at least it crossed my mind lol. But to Skip's credit, beyond the end of that tweeted clip, when Ocho is in awe of how different the Pats environment is, Skip says, "You know what? It works."

I think Tom already knows BB is going to yell at him, he yells at everyone. The point is, nobody knows who or what is going to be highlighted going into the meeting. Sometimes Brady has his own highlight film of all the mistakes he has made. A memorable mistake by someone might be shown for weeks on what not to do. Brady and the veteran players knows what is coming but I can imagine that it is a shock to the newcomers like Ochocinco.

Here is a funny article about what goes on in those film sessions.

Belichick is everybody's critic in film sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back