PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ to Pats—what do we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When have we won a super bowl with a 1200 yard 10+ TD receiver?

Correlation is not causation. If Eli is sacked in Super Bowl 42 we win with Moss and if Welker makes a catch in 46 we win with Gronk.

Also, if Edelman isn't suspended this year there's an outside chance he hits 1200 yards (probably not 10 TD).

Yes because noone thinks Dorsett is outmuscling for the jump ball. But a lot of people believed, including Brady, that Gordon would win the jump ball and we kept getting a lot of 50% throws to Gordon where he was clearly covered in the hope he would outmuscle and win the jump ball. And sometimes he spectacularly did, but we also got interceptions and we got missed opportunities to other receivers.
I'm going completely out of memory but I don't recall alot of pics in Gordon's direction. I can think of maybe one that tipped off his hands the same day he dislocated a finger but I also believe he had some big plays that day.

BB & Brady are probably one of the only tandems that would have a chance of making it work.

I would still pass. I want a winning team, not a selfish loser.

Robert Meachum Chris Conley and Jamison Crowder.
Let's upgrade the receivers with plenty of cap to put on the Lines.
We could completely reload the roster with those 3 and Edelman with Gordon when he's ready.
That be a sick 5
However in BB we trust
I'd rather not cough up more than a third fir OGB
Those guys are gonna be getting 6-8 million dollar deals at the very least. The WR group is poor this year, and low WR2s will get WR1 deals.

A 3rd for OBJ? Ha

Those guys are gonna be getting 6-8 million dollar deals at the very least. The WR group is poor this year, and low WR2s will get WR1 deals.

A 3rd for OBJ? Ha
I think we could get Crowder for 5
Conley for 6
Meachum for 6.5 to 7.5
You could get at least 2 of those guys.

As I posted in the offseason thread, get me Odell for Brady’s remaining years. Give the Giants whatever the hell they want.

Can you imagine Odell, Gronk, Edelman, White, Michel...and possibly Gordon too at the same time in this offense?

Oh my, I can only get so hard

Nah, we need a lot of help across the board. Maybe there’s a year OBJ makes sense but, it’s not right now.

He’s been a pain in the ass at times for the Giants, but I doubt he’s a problem on a winning team.

The offense runs through Edelman, and will until he can no longer do the job. I cannot see OBJ making peace with that. There are outside WRs who do not have to see the ball as much as OBJ needs to - who are cheaper. I also think NE is going to emphasize their improved running game more, and spending lots of money on places other than WR will be the approach. We do need to think about someone to replace Edelman down the line or assume his role if he gets hurt.

OBJ is too expensive any way. but I can see BB spending a 2rd on WR
Absolutely. I'm in the Golden Tate camp but I also think because the market is light on quality WRs he might be out of their price range.

Personally I believe they will use one of their picks to trade for a WR.

Last edited:
No to that idiot. Besides, I doubt Allen and Gostkowski would tolerate anyone messing with their sideline nets.

WR yes

OBJ no

The offense is inside out, not outside in
Beckham’s skills would be great in this offense.
The problem is the skills come in the package of an a-hole who is all about drawing attention to himself, playing for himself, and very willing to create a distraction for both their reasons, all of which detract from the changes of his team becoming a champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes