PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ to Pats—what do we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly I addressed that when I brought up the first half of this year's game. So, since you can't be bothered to read what's being posted, there's no need to continue this discussion with you.

o_O

Your line of reasoning that

"A player had 95 receiving yards a half, but we didn’t score a touchdown; therefore in a different game where we failed to score a touchdown on four consecutive drives, he wouldn’t have made a difference"

would get you kicked out of a remedial summer school logic course.

I have to believe you’re (successfully) trolling me just to see if you can keep this going, because there’s no way you can spend this much of your life on the Patriots message board and are so bad at the actual "having a discussion about the Patriots" aspect of it.

In fact, the only good point you've made on this thread is your advice to TommyBrady12, which I think I'll follow.

Stop.
Seriously.
Stop.

The newly sainted Julian Edelman is not perfect. He drops passes in the playoffs. He fails to convert 3rd downs. He doesn't get into the endzone as much as you might think and wish.

For crying out loud, do you people not realize just how freakin' ridiculous the argument about last year's game is? This year, the Patriots managed a whopping 3 points in the first half, and that included multiple punts and a turnover on downs, WITH EDELMAN. Yet, somehow, despite him not being the magic bullet in the first half against the Rams, he was destined to have been that magic bullet against the Eagles, in a game where the Patriots put up 355 yards in the first half? Yes, the notion that he would have been the game changer against Philly is a practical absurdity.

Y'all must be taking some powerful mind-altering drugs.
Gee the guy was just the MVP of Superbowl where both teams had 16 total points. To think he could have made a difference in an offensive shootout makes us ridiculous.

I have to believe you’re (successfully) trolling me just to see if you can keep this going, because there’s no way you can spend this much of your life on the Patriots message board

No way you say? His 60k posts says otherwise.

Gee the guy was just the MVP of Superbowl where both teams had 16 total points. To think he could have made a difference in an offensive shootout makes us ridiculous.

The claim was that he would have been a game changer. If Amendola had wet himself in the game, the claim might have had some merit, but Amendola had 8 catches for 152 yards, Hogan had 6 catches for 128 yards, and Gronk had 9 catches for 116 yards.

If we're going to argue that "Gee, maybe he might have been out there for one play that ... " under those circumstances, we can make that argument about every WR who's ever played the game, which is why such an argument is a practical absurdity.

Because, if Aaron Dobson had been there, he might just have made that one play...

The claim was that he would have been a game changer. If Amendola had wet himself in the game, the claim might have had some merit, but Amendola had 8 catches for 152 yards, Hogan had 6 catches for 128 yards, and Gronk had 9 catches for 116 yards.

If we're going to argue that "Gee, maybe he might have been out there for one play that ... " under those circumstances, we can make that argument about every WR who's ever played the game, which is why such an argument is a practical absurdity.

Because, if Aaron Dobson had been there, he might just have made that one play...
Maybe I entered the debate late. But no while technically true I wouldn't say that about every WR. Sure Tyree could happen but even late to the debate I know that's not what your talking about.

I guess it comes down to defining game changer and since I didn't realize this was your debate I'll step aside.

There are a lot of stupid people on this forum.

Last edited:

Just stop. You are making a lazy argument. It’s not all about stats. Edelman wouldn’t have replaced Amendola but would have played alongside him like they’ve done so many times. Sure, some of Amendola’s stats would have been less - however, Edelman brings a different skillset than Dola. He brings energy to this team, the kind that Dola, Hogan, or Cooks don’t have. When the team is down (as they were in SB52), I’ve seen Edelman take on a leadership role that the other receivers don’t have the ability to step into. And the fact that you even bring up Aaron Dobson in this discussion tells me everything I need to know about your football “knowledge.”

You are better off arguing Brexit in the other forum you seem to frequent.

Last edited:
I support this move. No outside wrs got the job done. Not Hogan, not Patterson, not Gordon, and not PD.

So let’s assume the Patriots are okay taking on Beckham’s deal. The Giants said last off-season they would only take two first round picks for him. Maybe it was posturing, but obviously they want a lot in return, and they’ve already eaten the huge sign on bonus which is not transferable.

The Patriots also have low draft positions, which other teams have caught into. I wonder how much draft capital it would cost. Don’t come back with something silly like a second round pick.

So let’s assume the Patriots are okay taking on Beckham’s deal. The Giants said last off-season they would only take two first round picks for him. Maybe it was posturing, but obviously they want a lot in return, and they’ve already eaten the huge sign on bonus which is not transferable.

The Patriots also have low draft positions, which other teams have caught into. I wonder how much draft capital it would cost. Don’t come back with something silly like a second round pick.

I would give up pick 32 in a heartbeat.

It will probably cost a 1st and next years 2nd.

It will probably cost a 1st and next years 2nd.

I would take that. I don’t know if the Giants would, though. Don’t have the numbers, but I think the combined pick value would equate to around one mid-first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back