PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Terrell Owens says McNabb was out drinking before SB 39

I've read and heard much worse than that.

When Green Bay beat NE way back in the '97 superbowl, most of the Green Bay players were out partying the night before the big game. I heard this from my friend who was a QB in HS, in Deerfield, MA (or Springfield or Agawam, somewhere around there) at the time Mark Chmura, (the Green Bay TE at the time) was his high school teammate.

Anyway my friend told me that Mark Chmura and the others had partied all night long in the French Quarter the night before the big game, came back to the hotel in the morning, found out one of their offensive lineman was missing. The team then went back out looking for him and found him passed out in the gutter, roused him awake, got him under a cold shower and got him to the stadium on time.

And the rest is history.

Max McGee says McNabb was a pansy when it comes to pre super bowl partying.

Beat me to the Max McGee reference...Must be a Green Bay tradition...The Bears allegedly took over New Orleans before SBXX...Meanwhile Ray Berry took away the Pats' space coke one week too early...Makes me wonder then what Mr Discount Double-Check did the night before his SB?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back