PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Terrell Owens says McNabb was out drinking before SB 39

Patsfan1958

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
During his sitdown with ‘Untold Stories’, Owens tells a story of a “hungover” McNabb, puking in the huddle because he was out drinking before the Super Bowl.

“Why would somebody lie, there were teammates that said he threw up in the huddle.”

“I’ve talked to teammates since then, and “know for a fact”, that he was out before Super Bowl XXXIX, drinking before the biggest game, pretty much of all our lives.”

Owens went on to harp on McNabb’s conditioning problems, and how the Eagles star quarterback’s behavior was “irresponsible.”

Terrell Owens says he knows ‘for a fact’ Donovan McNabb was out drinking before Super Bowl XXXIX

That was a bad look but I always thought his conditioning just sucked. But that it might be related to getting a terrible hangover is that much worse.

I've read and heard much worse than that.

When Green Bay beat NE way back in the '97 superbowl, most of the Green Bay players were out partying the night before the big game. I heard this from my friend who was a QB in HS, in Deerfield, MA (or Springfield or Agawam, somewhere around there) at the time Mark Chmura, (the Green Bay TE at the time) was his high school teammate.

Anyway my friend told me that Mark Chmura and the others had partied all night long in the French Quarter the night before the big game, came back to the hotel in the morning, found out one of their offensive lineman was missing. The team then went back out looking for him and found him passed out in the gutter, roused him awake, got him under a cold shower and got him to the stadium on time.

And the rest is history.

Last edited:
This makes the McNabb throwing up in the 4th quarter, all seen in a new light now. But anyway so irresponsible to mess up the biggest game of your life.

Was there, saw it happen live... not the drinking, but definitely the puking lol... great game

d13bxIM.jpg

Was there, saw it happen live... not the drinking, but definitely the puking lol... great game

d13bxIM.jpg
OT was true that was "impossible" to find hotel available in Jax ? Seems that in order to find rooms a long distance was needed

And, as in Minneapolis, Phi fans outnumbered us

Owens is a friggin' liar...this "story" is bullshyt. WTF is it with these chicken little threads?

During his sitdown with ‘Untold Stories’, Owens tells a story of a “hungover” McNabb, puking in the huddle because he was out drinking before the Super Bowl.

“Why would somebody lie, there were teammates that said he threw up in the huddle.”

“I’ve talked to teammates since then, and “know for a fact”, that he was out before Super Bowl XXXIX, drinking before the biggest game, pretty much of all our lives.”

Owens went on to harp on McNabb’s conditioning problems, and how the Eagles star quarterback’s behavior was “irresponsible.”

Terrell Owens says he knows ‘for a fact’ Donovan McNabb was out drinking before Super Bowl XXXIX
Whether it's true or not, Owens did not witness anything.

Owens was the only reason they had a chance during that game. They were overmatched.

Owens was the only reason they had a chance during that game. They were overmatched.
Agreed. Say what you want, but the man was a baller. And don't forget, it was questionable he was even going to play in the first place. He got injured about 6 weeks earlier from a Roy Williams horse collar. That injury was the one that led to the rule change.

How much did MB have to drink before SB 52?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back