PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O.T. Gettlemen to leave Giants

I'd be more worried about the "depth" coaches and front office guys getting poached than the top end. Garrett is gone, and I'd expect the two remaining coaches that he brought over from Dallas to also be gone this offseason. Gettlemen's departure could be bad news for some of the incumbent coaches that Judge left in place when he was hired.

I understand that coaches want some familiarity with the guys that they're hiring, but it's a little absurd to me that Judge currently employs nine coaches who overlapped with him either at Mississippi State (2004-2007) or Alabama (2009-2011). At some point, he's going to run out of former college coworkers and have to start going after more of his former Patriots coworkers. He already hired Patrick Graham, Jerry Schuplinski, and Bret Bielema (who didn't finish his first season in NY).

Off the top of my head, Nick Caley has been mentioned a few times as a top internal option if McDaniels leaves. He would have worked closely with Judge especially in 2019 when Caley was TEs and Judge was WRs.

Good post.

I haven't been tracking Judge in NY but if he basically hired 9 of his buddies, this is almost as bad as 3 crappy roommates from john carroll hijacking the Patriots for a half dozen years, until recently

Not anti BB at all just posted the thread because every time the Giants GM position opens, Bill gets mentioned.
Ah, that is like every time Kim Kardashian breaks up with some tattooed man child, I get mentioned. Granted it’s me who says something but really we have absolutely nothing in common except the amount of bathroom time it takes to get going in the morning.

Not happening. He’s not going to work for the dysfunctional Tisch/Mara organization and spend three years rebuilding after Gentleman's dumpster fire.

I agree it's not happening... But he has worked for the Tisch/Mara organization before and seems to be cool with them...

Reactions: Ian
I agree it's not happening... But he has worked for the Tisch/Mara organization before and seems to be cool with them...

I worked for a company 10-12 years ago that (at the time) I loved, and still have friends that work there. But seeing what they've turned into... if you gave me the choice of going back to work there or 16 hour shifts in a coal mine, I'd ask, "Will you provide the canary or should I bring my own?"

That was a long time ago and there is a new, dysfunctional Mara in charge.

That would be the ultimate mind blow to Pats fans I think. Lol
Gotter admit I would be WICKED PISSED were that to happen.
I confess I enjoy Bruce beclown himself. Special Teams on the Bucks is like watching Special Olympics.

this is almost as bad as 3 crappy roommates from john carroll hijacking the Patriots for a half dozen years, until recently
Whatever point you were trying to make has passed its expiration date.

But he has worked for the Tisch/Mara organization before and seems to be cool with them...
That was a long time ago and there is a new, dysfunctional Mara in charge.
After the Carroll / Greer era, Krafty Bob learned to stay out of most football stuff.

From all appearances, the Maras have not learned from their years of futility.

Just think, they would not have Eli if Eli himself hadn't forced a trade to NYG on draft day.

Whatever point

If we have another great draft with Wolf and Groh, then agree.

And until then, I will be the greatest reference for Josh McD if anyone asks. Hard working guy who really deserves another chance, would be real real sad if the NEP lose him to another team.

maybe im splitting hairs here, but BB worked for the Mara family, never the Tisch family... he left to go to Cleveland after the '90 season... Tim Mara sold his half of the team in '91 to Bob Tisch...

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back