PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NYFL* has a big ****ing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. There are dozens of fans on this very site who tell the world on a near daily basis that it doesn't matter what the league does. They are addicted to NFL football and will watch it and throw their money at it no matter what. Why should they be worried?
Hey, I'm one of them. If nothing that's occurred up to this point is going to cause me to stop watching, nothing will. And, I'm not missing one second of any Patriot game for anything. Not terribly proud of that, but it's a fact.

Wow! According to one of the comments:

Section 8.1 of the NFL Constitution requires the NFL to “select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner of the League.”

Don't know if this is real, but if it is, this requirement is certainly NOT being fulfilled. Some industrious national sports writer with stones should investigate and, if true, should lead with this as a headline in an expose.

Oh wait ... where can we find an industrious national sports writer with stones? :(
Look at the owners' integrity. One is arrested with a suitcase full of cash charged with a DUI/drug offense and his girlfriend turns up dead of an overdose at his house, another was found civilly liable for fraud of tens of millions of dollars and another was investigated and nearly charged for defrauding truckers out of rightfully earned rebates.... Their integrity isn't exactly stellar themselves...

NBC should make a new show called "The Football League" and have Steve Carrell play Goodell.

I despise the NFL front office, and their actions at the HOF game is just more of the same corrupt nonsense we've seen from them over the Goodell administration.

However, unfortunately, it is going to be tough for fans to get much from them by way of damages. Obviously the tickets get refunded, but people will have a hard time getting reimbursed for ancillary expenses. It's not 100% impossible, and some people had some success following the Super Bowl fiasco, but it's very tough.

Courts tend to rule that if you buy something and get what you pay for, you don't get reimbursed for that thing. For example, if you spent $50 on food at the stadium before the game, you don't have standing to get the $50 reimbursed. You bought the food, you paid for the food, you got the food, you ate the food.

I'd love to see the NFL fry, but this is little more than bad PR, nothing that is going to put a dent in their ridiculous revenue streams.

Section 8.1 of the NFL Constitution requires the NFL to “select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner of the League.”

Don't know if this is real, but if it is, this requirement is certainly NOT being fulfilled. Some industrious national sports writer with stones should investigate and, if true, should lead with this as a headline in an expose.

Oh wait ... where can we find an industrious national sports writer with stones? :(
yup, it's a real part of the NFL's Constitution and Bylaws:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

lm0SNZw.jpg

I despise the NFL front office, and their actions at the HOF game is just more of the same corrupt nonsense we've seen from them over the Goodell administration.

However, unfortunately, it is going to be tough for fans to get much from them by way of damages. Obviously the tickets get refunded, but people will have a hard time getting reimbursed for ancillary expenses. It's not 100% impossible, and some people had some success following the Super Bowl fiasco, but it's very tough.

Courts tend to rule that if you buy something and get what you pay for, you don't get reimbursed for that thing. For example, if you spent $50 on food at the stadium before the game, you don't have standing to get the $50 reimbursed. You bought the food, you paid for the food, you got the food, you ate the food.

I'd love to see the NFL fry, but this is little more than bad PR, nothing that is going to put a dent in their ridiculous revenue streams.
The big deal is that the NFL knew it wasn't getting played before letting them in and letting them go to the concessions.

Baseball is famous for doing this. Some of you may remember this mildly worded passage from an article in the Globe:

There is a tendency for the Sox to wait until well after the gates have opened, and well after beer and concession sales have begun, to postpone games despite bad weather.

Lucchino on the rainout

NBC should make a new show called "The Football League" and have Steve Carrell play Goodell.

Begging to be a skit in some topical comedy show.

The big deal is that the NFL knew it wasn't getting played before letting them in and letting them go to the concessions.
Yes, I agree that it was sleazy, but I am talking strictly from a legal standpoint. Legally speaking, it is very difficult to get a refund for something you bought, received and consumed without any issues. Legally speaking, there is nothing about buying a hot dog and eating it that relies on the game being played (even though they rape you at the concession stands). It is the tickets and parking that most likely stands to be refunded.

It was incredibly sleazy, but unfortunately they will likely get away with it.

Yes, I agree that it was sleazy, but I am talking strictly from a legal standpoint. Legally speaking, it is very difficult to get a refund for something you bought, received and consumed without any issues. Legally speaking, there is nothing about buying a hot dog and eating it that relies on the game being played (even though they rape you at the concession stands). It is the tickets and parking that most likely stands to be refunded.

and the HOF has already agreed to reimburse those two items, as well as one night of hotel accommodations.

HALL OF FAME GAME REFUND POLICY APPROVED - General - News | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site
Pro Football Hall of Fame President David Baker announced today that the Board of Trustees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit institution, approved a special reimbursement plan for all ticketholders to the 2016 Hall of Fame Game. Notwithstanding the language on the tickets, ticketholders will be fully refunded the face-value of their ticket. Additionally, the Hall of Fame will refund all processing, shipping and handling fees, pre-paid parking purchased through the Hall of Fame, pre-sale reservation fees, and one night of hotel accommodations to eligible fans, subject to appropriate review, approval, and verification.

What about souvenir merchandise?

The issue to me is that they could have purchased any of those items (hot dogs, beer, etc.) at any number of other establishments at non-stadium-level-exploitation prices.

Right just re read your first post, that makes a lot of sense.

They should in trouble because of the cover up too

Who cares if it may not be true

Yeah that's not followed. Goodell has been called a liar by judges, if that doesn't put the questioned in "unquestioned", I don't know what will. On the other hand, if Kraft wanted to bring an administrative law application, who knows where that could lead... no one questioned Goodell's jurisdiction on that basis in the Brady proceedings. Maybe they should have!

Oh Father up in Heaven hear my prayer.

Please allow Michael Avenatti to subpoena Roger Goodell's cell phone for the incriminating text messages for this Hall-of-Fame fraud game.

And please, please, allow everything else on Goodell's phone to be 'accidentally leaked', including everything related to Deflategate (with the implied irony being that Brady refused to hand over his phone for that exact reason; he was afraid of data not relevant to the case being leaked).

I don't ask for much; in fact the last thing I asked for was right after Hightower tackled Lynch on the 1-yard line, and You heard me and made it happen.

This I pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand