PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now that Brady has retired, how much will you follow the NFL?

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Wanted to see what everybody’s level of engagement is with the league now that Brady has retired.

I feel like I am in a strange space because I always thought when he retired that I would be completely done with the NFL but what I am finding already is every single quarterback is being compared to him and it dawned on me that he is now going to become the Michael Jordan of the NFL where his career will be mythologized and only his accomplishments will be remembered. I have to say I kind of dig that and I am interested to see if a quarterback like Burrow can have a career in the same vein as Brady. I mean I don’t believe any quarterback is ever going to approach his postseason success ever but I am interested to see how the league takes shape now that he is gone and these young quarterbacks have a chance to not only show what they can do but try to emulate Brady‘s career.

In terms of the patriots, I still care deeply about the team but have lost so much interest because of the way Bill is running things. I really hate what’s happening with the coaching staff. I hate his approach of defense first and run game when the league is all about explosive offenses. So I am having a tough time feeling a lot of interest in this off-season in particular because I don’t see any of this changing and therefore I don’t see us being a contender with the top teams in the AFC.

How are others feeling?

Very much so.

I love the game and the Patriots

No Brady just takes away some stress now I only have to worry about the Patriots lol

Brady>Jordan.

Anyone wants to debate this with me - bring it

And while I hated that Brady left the pats the timing was good because the league became a woke joke right around that time. Between the injection of politics into the NFL and the fact that the NFL intentionally tried to destroy Brady it is so easy not to watch.

The only thing that might be nice is to see if MAC can give the team a jolt because most of the league and the whole country (who were all really sick of the pats) may not have their wish fulfilled of a patriots demise.

and FYI Brewskies pooped his diaper again.

Brady>Jordan.

Anyone wants to debate this with me - bring it
The question isn't is Brady as good as Jordan? The question is, is Brady as good as Bird? No, he isn't. Bird changed the NBA. He brought it back from the brink of extinction. Further, he played in tremendous pain. Often spending the night in the hospital and then playing the next day having gone to the game directly from the Mass General. Bird is the GOAT of all of Boston's professional athletes.

LARRY BIRD

standard_Larry_Bird_Lipofsky.jpg

Last edited:
all i can say is that i hadn't watch a second of a regulation game since he retired
my viewing has been declining for other reasons not to be mentioned

I mean I’m still a Pats fan. There will always be something to follow. Also I’m half powered by spite so I’ll root every week against Mahomes and Rodgers.

But I won’t deny that things HAVE changed. You’d be dumb to say they haven’t. For literally twenty years there was not a single weekend where we weren’t watching the Pats, Brady and the Bucs,
with the idea that this was on the way to a Super Bowl. Every game was life or death towards that goal. And now, well it’s back to the 90s. Not the Rod Rust 90s but the “I think were good I hope we have a good season” mid 90s.

Still rooting for the Pats. In general, and I’ve said this several times even when Brady was still here, my NFL fandom isn’t as hardcore as it used to be. Growing up and having a kid to take care of will do that to you. Now there’s another one on the way and my daughter is approaching 14 months. Even before then, however, Deflategate took a lot of the wind out of my sails. Then the NFL started intermingling politics with the game, and it took another step back. It’s become just something to watch on Sundays now.

What’s weird is that I’m still a rabid college football fan. I follow it from the early recruiting process all the way through to a player’s final season. That hasn’t waned at all.

Jordan Richards sucks and Cam is a great teammate. That is all

I wish the Pats or Brady was in this Superbowl but I'll be honest. It's only been a handful of playoff games in the last 22 years that haven't had me on the edge of my seat, stressed out. I'm going to enjoy just relaxing and watching a football game for a change.

Last edited:
Still rooting for the Pats. In general, and I’ve said this several times even when Brady was still here, my NFL fandom isn’t as hardcore as it used to be. Growing up and having a kid to take care of will do that to you. Now there’s another one on the way and my daughter is approaching 14 months. Even before then, however, Deflategate took a lot of the wind out of my sails. Then the NFL started intermingling politics with the game, and it took another step back. It’s become just something to watch on Sundays now.

What’s weird is that I’m still a rabid college football fan. I follow it from the early recruiting process all the way through to a player’s final season. That hasn’t waned at all.
Congrats

I only watch patriots games. I haven't watched a superbowl since the last time the pats were in it.
I channel-surfed for the first half this year and never watched a minute of the 2nd half. I don't feel like I missed much.

As for my future with the NYFL, I'm still deciding how exactly to dump the NYFL. The Patriots may become collateral damage.

I won't have time to follow the NFL league. I will be so busy following the travels of the former Mrs. Brady as she establishes herself in Costa Rico with her children. Tommy the K better get his Buc's team clicking. Does Tommy call out his name as he finishes his mastrabation?

I won't have time to follow the NFL league. I will be so busy following the travels of the former Mrs. Brady as she establishes herself in Costa Rico with her children. Tommy the K better get his Buc's team clicking. Does Tommy call out his name as he finishes his mastrabation?
Very classy.

Call the nurse and tell her to turn the morphine drip down. You’re not making much sense.

Given the new hair and the face job, it seems he does it looking in a mirror...

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back