PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now I know why the Patriots lost...

By the way, as for the movie, book and public statements issues, there's a bit more to parse. I was using the book as an example to show that hateful words can be mentioned and discussed in context. I wasn't equating what I did with what goes on in Huck Finn. When I said I use those words with my students, clearly it's in the context of literature, although I have used swear words on quite a few occasions :rocker:

But as for the so-called movie, have you seen it? It's all about public speech. That's what it is. This is exactly the same venue that we're in right now. What's the difference?

My only issue with what Dungy said is the implication that other ways are the "wrong" way. That's basically it. If you're going to use the word "right," then there's gotta to be a "wrong" in there somewhere.

I do suspect Dungy is a phony for other reasons, but this thread deserves to die.

make it three. this thread belongs in the Religious forum at this point.
c'mon over if you want to rank on your fellow Christians and Messianic Jews.

Sorry, they don't teach open-mindedness at my phony Lebanese "church."

I like the way you let the thread die, upstater, i think you love it.

Its fine with me because I like the topic being out there for discussion. However, it is more appropriate for the Religious forum.

Lets make it clear. You threw the "Christian Jew, eh?" thing out there. And you are the one who are now using the word "phony".

i made it clear that I fully understand that there are Arab Christians, It is you that I have doubted.

2 more cents: Eff Irsay, eff naPoilian, eff Dungheep, eff Payaton; and eff god, for allowing such a dispicible franchise to succeed. Great message for the rest of us, doG.

I like the way you let the thread die, upstater, i think you love it.

Its fine with me because I like the topic being out there for discussion. However, it is more appropriate for the Religious forum.

Lets make it clear. You threw the "Christian Jew, eh?" thing out there. And you are the one who are now using the word "phony".

i made it clear that I fully understand that there are Arab Christians, It is you that I have doubted.

Look in the mirror

I;ve explained it to you multiple times, but you don't get it.

This seems to be a recurring problem for you. Maybe it's because you are so often wrong and you don't get it.

pao

First off, I am glad this was finally moved to where it belongs on the board.

I didn't but you're IQ is low so you can't figure out what I said.
OK, so you have to resort to bashing my inteligence to what? make me feel timid enough to say: "oh, he said my IQ is low...maybe I should not offend the very smart upstater1".... Typical response for someone when they feel they no longer have a valid argument to resort to insult to try and manipulate and overpower the other into quiet submision, you are still defending what you said and you have never answered my question that if you defend it then you must agree to the comment AS a insulting racial and religious joke. I don't understand why you can't admit that it was poor judgement to start the thread as you did, unless you were going for a Shock response because of your underlying hatred for Christians even though you say you are one, I feel that deep down you probably resent being rasied as one, and are only Christian in name as a defense mechanisim to your outlandish post.

YOU PEOPLE = THE CATEGORY THAT YOU ARE IN =MORON
Again, as I have stated above, resorting to insults is only admitting that you are wrong. so what you are saying then is that every one that YOU refer to as "YOU PEOPLE" who responded to your racisit and religious hater joke is a moron, that truley lacks tact Mr teacher.

Patjew said it wasn't funny, then I explained it to him. He was OK with it, and obviously you don't know much about American culture because Borat was a mocumentary, not a movie. There were real situations.
Because one individual is swayed, or just doesn't want to get involved doesn't mean it was ok? Because the Germans were brain washed in WWII about the Jews and the Polish does that mean that they were right in thier judgement? Also, I know enough about american history Being part Native american, and Hispanic as well as Roman Catholic, I too have had many confrontations in my past, I can not blame the People of now/and the future for the mistakes of the past. I can only use them as reference so the same mistakes are not made again.

A small example: I was working at a job and a few of my peirs got together as a joke and tossed a necklace of beads at me and asked if it was ok to but my land and if my mother was available, etc, etc. The people were of another religieon, and of learning of my family history threw idle conversation they took it upon themselves to try to get me to lash out and get fired, only because they did not agree with my race and religion, so please don't insult me with sophomoric jibes, it is beaneath you. You call yourself Christian, but your original thread is very Un-christian like, I don't understand why you had to resort to insult to make your point heard, and you never HAVE explained that?

Let's face it, your so-called offense is all fake. You canc are less that I said turbanhead. You're just grasping at straws to attack me because I mocked Dungy for being the first "Christian coach" to win a Super Bowl. You'ree pretty easy to see through, and I've always found that religious bigots and racists are usually the first people the throw those accusations at other people. You don't surprise me at all.
My feelings are not fake, I truly am insulted, I asked you several times to not make insults and you continued to, even lashing out at a moderator telling him to "go kick his dog" of all things. Calling me a bigot is the wrong thing, I would think on the contrary that as you stated in a previous post: "look in the mirror" YOU must be one yourself (refering to the early english record of the definition in 1598 "a superstitious hypocrite.") as a teacher I would have expected to recieve a little more of an inteligent bannter than the crass and vulgar display that you have posted recently. I feel sorry for your hatred of religion, may you find peace in your heart soon.

PD

Last edited:
First off, I am glad this was finally moved to where it belongs on the board.

OK, so you have to resort to bashing my inteligence to what? make me feel timid enough to say: "oh, he said my IQ is low...maybe I should not offend the very smart upstater1".... Typical response for someone when they feel they no longer have a valid argument to resort to insult to try and manipulate and overpower the other into quiet submision,...

It is his MO. If he can't persuade you to his perception/view, you must be stupid. His personal attacks get more vitriolic the more you defend your point of view. I for one appreciate your thoughtful posts.

pao

It is his MO. If he can't persuade you to his perception/view, you must be stupid. His personal attacks get more vitriolic the more you defend your point of view. I for one appreciate your thoughtful posts.

pao
you know you are right, I am foolish to let his insults get to me, and I should have let it go. Thanks for the compliment, it means alot.

PD.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back