PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now I know why the Patriots lost...

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
This was God's will, folks. That's it plain and simple. You can't go against God.

Plus, consider this: a Christian coach won, so America can be proud. If the Patriots want to get to the next level, they have to fire their Jewish coaches.

The Bears were done before they walked on the field: Mushin Muhammad? Are you kidding me? God would barf if he saw that?

FOLKS, DON'T TAKE OFFENSE, I'M BEING FACETIOUS!

Last edited:
Im sorry, wtf?

This was God's will, folks. That's it plain and simple. You can't go against God.

Plus, consider this: a Christian coach won, so America can be proud. If the Patriots want to get to the next level, they have to fire their Jewish coaches.

The Bears were done before they walked on the field: Mushin Muhammad? Are you kidding me? A turbanhead touching the Lombardi trophy? God would barf if he saw that?

I would steer clear of Religion or Nationality on here...Its trouble spelled with a Capital T - With just a few sentences you already insulted 2 nationalities,not smart

Last edited:
He's riffing off every winning player and coach signing the cross and praising god.

Which does get old after a while.

Why does no one think to hail Satan? Surely Bill Polian owes him a little credit.

Actually it was a slew of bad breaks that sound like excuses but are mostly totally legitimite. Too bad for us, damnit.

I would steer clear of Religion or Nationality on here...Its trouble spelled with a Capital T

He's just joking. Dungy and Irsay were talking about how God was with the Colts the whole time during their interviews.

God does not care about football. God does not intend to help Sports teams win. What a disgrace. God and football dont mix. What a bunch of idiots.

If god is your father who used to play for the saints, sucking off the reporters for you son to win a mvp that he did not deserve to win.. than yes.. we could not win against god...

I hope that this post is tongue in cheek, and not for real.
There was actually some pretty good stuff in there for those of us who have had it UP TO HERE with political correctness.

I am sure God loves every team and has no preference :D

If he did New Orleans would have won it all this year or the Jets or Giants in 2001-02

Sorry for everyone that didn't watch the Postgame show.

But I thought Dungy was ridiculous.

He actually said this: "I'm not only proud that Lovie Smith and I were the first two African-Americans to coach in the Super Bowl, but that we were the first Christian coaches, and God lead us on this journey and blessed us."

WTF? What does that make the other coaches of other religions? (Nationality has nothing to do with this) I mean, that podium is totally inappropriate for that kind of talk. Does he have any non-Christians on his team? I'm OK with people that say God helped us win this football game, or whatever, it's just a cliche. But Tony Dungy takes it too far. How does he know what's in the heart of the other coaches?

Last edited:
He actually said this: "I'm not only proud that Lovie Smith and I were the first two African-Americans to coach in the Super Bowl, but that we were the first Christian coaches, and God lead us on this journey and blessed us."
He actually said that ? What a self righteous pompous piece of sh!t. I'm agnostic but I don't believe they were the first Christian coaches - and WHO GIVES A F*CK if they're the first black HC. Give it a damn rest.

He actually said this: "I'm not only proud that Lovie Smith and I were the first two African-Americans to coach in the Super Bowl, but that we were Christian coaches, and God lead us on this journey and blessed us."

WTF? What does that make the other coaches of other religions? (Nationality has nothing to do with this) I mean, that podium is totally inappropriate for that kind of talk. Does he have any non-Christians on his team? I'm OK with people that say God helped us win this football game, or whatever, it's just a cliche. But Tony Dungy takes it too far. How does he know what's in the heart of the other coaches?

exactly when did Dungy say anything about the other coaches? At no time did he say "God wanted us to win" or "God made us win". Thats something other people, who dont understand what giving thanks to your God in the good times or the bad, which Dungy does, read into it for themselves.

Dungy, Smith, Kurt Warner, Shaun alexander, Herm Edwards. They will give God the glory whether they win or they lose.

It takes nothing from you and it is no comment or reflection on what anyone else believes. He has a right to say it for himself without worrying about P.C.

I heard that speech too. I agree,that comment was inappropriate and is it even accurate? Weird.

I heard that speech too. I agree,that comment was inappropriate and is it even accurate? Weird.

if he actually said they were the first Christian coaches that would be a mistake. But Im not sure he said that. I didnt hear that and would have to go look at the tape again. I believe he only said first two african-american coaches and Christian coaches, not first Christian coaches.
Tom Landry and Dan Reeves come to mind immediatlely

if he actually said they were the first Christian coaches that would be a mistake. But Im not sure he said that. I didnt hear that and would have to go look at the tape again. I believe he only said first two african-american coaches and Christian coaches, not first Christian coaches.
Tom Landry and Dan Reeves come to mind immediatlely

Many Christian coaches have won-actually I never bothered to wonder about any coach's religion so I couldn't even name them. I didn't tape it-he must have said something else besides that. Oh well.

Raymond Berry was a very devout Christian.

Vince Lombardi, a very, very devout Catholic, went to church every day of the week, to morning mass.

like I said, I dont believe Dungy said it. He said ..."Not only the first african-american coaches but Christian coaches as well"

if i heard it wrong and he did say it im sure it was a mistake in how he said it.

either way, in thanking your God, it is not saying "God wanted us to win", its just properly giving your Lord his due. And the key is that people like Dungy do it whether he wins or loses.

Last edited:
exactly when did Dungy say anything about the other coaches?

On the podium right after the game he said that he and Lovie were the first Christians. Bizarre. And yes, he said that God lead them to the culmination of THIS journey. What do you think THIS refers to? It refers to winning? Irsay led off and said the same thing? Sounds like yo didn't watch it.

BTW, who ARE the Pats Jewish coaches. Belichick could be. That is a Jewish sounding name, I believe.

Maybe Peesberg?

Scarnechiastein?

And, lets not forget Pepper Johnsonovitz.

This,BTW, IS a tongue in cheek post..... just so a few off you dont go jumping..."there's nem again, starting crap." :D

Belichick ain't no Jew.

Even though it's on way way way way WAY different scales, Bob Kraft and I are each Jews running businesses. And we each know that you do NOT hire Jews to work the tough jobs in the trenches. Lawyers, accountants, agents, etc: no problem. Guys on the front line: NFW.

Was this post tongue in cheek? I have no idea.

The Jesus-freaks just take this stuff so far. It isn't enough that they have faith and keep it themselves. They have to just spew it and spew it and spew it....

I can't wait until somebody wins something one time and says, "First of all, I'd like to say that there is no God and religion had nothing to do with our victory today. It's all about the men and women who worked hard to see this goal to its conclusion." It'd be no different than what the religious nuts do.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back