PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now I know why the Patriots lost...

sure,by al means talk about it, but why make a Racist and Religieous joke? just plain stupid

I didn't but you're IQ is low so you can't figure out what I said.

What's with the "YOU PEOPLE" reference? if you keep defending what you wrote then you ARE a racist and a religion hater.

YOU PEOPLE = THE CATEGORY THAT YOU ARE IN =MORON

we are not talking about a movie here, trying to change the subject proves my point, you are still defending your racisim and religious hatred...we are talking about YOUR poor attempt at a joke, which was not funny to sevaral people, not just the 3 aforementioned.
[/QUOTE]

Patjew said it wasn't funny, then I explained it to him. He was OK with it, and obviously you don't know much about American culture because Borat was a mocumentary, not a movie. There were real situations.

sure I have, but don't you remember, you told me I can't read? so therfore I am just as illiterate as certain groups you speak off right?

Yep

only if i want to be Racist and a Religous hater...
[/QUOTE]

Or an idiot.

Let's face it, your so-called offense is all fake. You canc are less that I said turbanhead. You're just grasping at straws to attack me because I mocked Dungy for being the first "Christian coach" to win a Super Bowl. You'ree pretty easy to see through, and I've always found that religious bigots and racists are usually the first people the throw those accusations at other people. You don't surprise me at all.

i think you are basically playing head games upstater1. For one thing, nobody "freaked" out about what you said. It was YOU who freaked out enough about what Dungy said to start a post about it.
Secondly, you earlier said you were a Christian yourself. Then you continue to go after another Christian like Dungy with a passion, without ever mentioning anything about what you, yourself believe. Now we have another "late-inning" surprise, as you are now calling yourself a "turbanhead".

So whats next? Are you going to be Jewish later?

And that stuff at the end? I dont even believe you are a teacher.

What is your real agenda? Because im convinced you are just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what will stick at this point.

most likely you are a 17 kid having a good laugh.

I'm Lebanese. And I teach. does that answer your question?

I'm Lebanese. And I teach. does that answer your question?

now we are getting somewhere. A Christian Lebanese teacher who teaches kids to use the C word.

what kind of worship does your "church" do? Traditional? Christian Contemporary? Gospel? What denomination?
just curious.

It must have been a difficult time during the conflict a few months ago? Do you have a lot of Christian friends over in Lebanon?

now we are getting somewhere. A Christian Lebanese teacher who teaches kids to use the C word.

what kind of worship does your "church" do? Traditional? Christian Contemporary? Gospel? What denomination?
just curious.

It must have been a difficult time during the conflict a few months ago? Do you have a lot of Christian friends over in Lebanon?

I don't know but I find it ironic people are defending Arabs and they're not aware of the large numbers of Arab Christians, especially in Lebanon. This is why I know you're not bothered at all by the word.

I grew up in New England. I don't have friends over there, I have relatives, but I also don't go there. And for good reason. But the fact is, there are a lot of Arab christians, most of whom are Orthodox, but a good chunk are Catholic. This is how it is.

And I love how the little racism creeps in. "Church" in quotations, eh? Because Arabs can't be "real" Christians after all. Just like Catholics and their fealty to the Pope, the devil incarnate. I'm always amazed at how the bigots start calling other people racist.

By the way, you should talk to your kids more often.

Last edited:
I don't know but I find it ironic people are defending Arabs and they're not aware of the large numbers of Arab Christians, especially in Lebanon. This is why I know you're not bothered at all by the word.

I grew up in New England. I don't have friends over there, I have relatives, but I also don't go there. And for good reason. But the fact is, there are a lot of Arab christians, most of whom are Orthodox, but a good chunk are Catholic. This is how it is.

And I love how the little racism creeps in. "Church" in quotations, eh? Because Arabs can't be "real" Christians after all. Just like Catholics and their fealty to the Pope, the devil incarnate. I'm always amazed at how the bigots start calling other people racist.

Many good Lebanese Christians live near me. Fine God Fearing people.

wow, do you read things into everything. the quotes was because up until now you showed such a disdain for someone standing up for living as a Christian, I really had no reason to believe you were, in fact, a Christian.

maybe before you call other people bigots you should look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have some preconceived notions of what Christians such as myself or Tony Dungy might be all about.

You dished it out pretty good when you started this thread, and now are defensively assuming anti-Arab and anti-Catholic leanings from all who would call you out on your own hostility toward a person who looks at his faith different than you.

This was God's will, folks. That's it plain and simple. You can't go against God.

Plus, consider this: a Christian coach won, so America can be proud. If the Patriots want to get to the next level, they have to fire their Jewish coaches.

The Bears were done before they walked on the field: Mushin Muhammad? Are you kidding me? God would barf if he saw that?

FOLKS, DON'T TAKE OFFENSE, I'M BEING FACETIOUS!

I know that you're being facetious, because...there is no god. And if there is a god, then he is one sick piece of effin shyte. Eff god.

Being Lebanese does not make it reasonable to make racial slurs against Muslims or Arabs, any more than it is reasonable for African Americans to use the N word, or for Jews to use racial slurs regarding Jews. Using racial slurs in jokes or in facetious statements does not make them any more accpetable. That you don't understand why using racial slurs within a novel like Huckelberry Finn is a difficrent situation does put serious doubt to your statement that you are a teacher. I have no idea why it relevant that there are millions of Lebanese Christians, or Palestinian Christains or Israel Christians.

I suppose it is your priviledge to attack Dungy as a freak for celebrating his Christianity in his moment of triumph, thanking God for his victory, and yes, him being proud that one can win the SB without cursing, raising your voice or demeaning your players. That you think that this isn't rare is just plain silly.

I've certainly heard devout and public Christians called worse in this free country, and yes, most often by other Christains. And of course, I've certainly heard Dungy and other colts called worse on this board.

I'm not offended that you don't approve of Dungy's behavior. Millions understood his comments. Many celebrated with him. You are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure many agree with your view that thanking God in public, especially by a public figure at a sporting event is inappropriate. And I know, your angst is about more than that. Sure it is. It is about a public expression of Christianity. I'm sure you would be mortified if the networks showed the pregame and postgame prayers, celebrated by members of opposing teams before almost every NFL game. I'm sure some are non-denominational. Most are not.

Me, I find Dungy's comments refreshing. Since the vast majority of Americans are believers, and most are Christian believers, I find it stange that so many would want to keep religion out of the public forum. I appreciate the public aspect of Senator Joe Lieberman's religious views, and their affect on his demeanor and his politics. I appreciated Sandy Koufax not playing on Saturday so long ago. And BTW, I appreciate the standard of conduct that Mrs. Kraft helps impose on players who want to be patriots.

just my 2 cents

I know that you're being facetious, because...there is no god. And if there is a god, then he is one sick piece of effin shyte. Eff god.

upstater1 will defend your right to say that, just as long as you dont say anything REEEEEAAAAALLLLY offensive like Tony Dungy did!

You dished it out pretty good when you started this thread, and now are defensively assuming anti-Arab and anti-Catholic leanings from all who would call you out on your own hostility toward a person who looks at his faith different than you.

Fella, you threw out the racist and bigot labels first without trying to understand what I was saying. Yeah, I still think Dungy is a freak for saying that. I have no problem with him praising God for the win, thanking ************, all of that is "kosher" for me.

But this constant refrain of, "We did it the right way," is too high hat for me. Sorry. You disagree. No reason to call me a racist or bigot. And then you say I'm coming on stong? Please. "We did it the Christian way." As opposed to what?

Yeah, there are real "churches" in the Middle East, despite what some people may think.

Dungy's a pompous ass.

I don't think the "sarcasm" is appropriate, but neither is his pompous ass holier than thou act.

Hey Tony, you know how many Christian NFL coaches have won the Super bowl? Probably 95% of them.

I'd check to see if any Wiccans or Zoroastrians have triumphed but I don't know where to look that up.

Pompous ass!!!!!

Being Lebanese does not make it reasonable to make racial slurs against Muslims or Arabs, any more than it is reasonable for African Americans to use the N word, or for Jews to use racial slurs regarding Jews.

I never used an ethnic slur "against" them. Do you think my post was "against" Arabs? Not everyone perceives it that way. Some people understand the spirit I worte it in, and understand that I was being facetious.

Using racial slurs in jokes or in facetious statements does not make them any more accpetable.

Well, that's an interesting point of view. I think you should write, "acceptable to me," because in the Borat film (which wasn't a fiction) he ripped off one ethnic slur after another, lots of anti-semitism, lots of Arab baiting. And people laughed. Not at Jews or Arabs, but at Borat, because they knew he was being facetious.

That you don't understand why using racial slurs within a novel like Huckelberry Finn is a difficrent situation does put serious doubt to your statement that you are a teacher.

It's the same. I wasn't using slurs AGAINST anyone. I was using them to make a point, a non-racist point, in context. That being said, I wouldn't use the N-word, because it has too vexed a history, or though I understood that Kramer was trying to be over-the-top when he used the word, I thought he was a stupid idiot. But I also don't buy it when non-African-Americans lecture people like Chris Rock on whether he should be using the N-word, or other African-Americans who laugh at Chris Rock for using it. It's really not up to you to tell them whether they have a right to take a hateful word and empower it in new and different ways.

I have no idea why it relevant that there are millions of Lebanese Christians, or Palestinian Christains or Israel Christians.

I have no idea either. That only came up because some others questioned my religion and ethnicity. Notice I didn't bring it up until directly confronted about my background.

I suppose it is your priviledge to attack Dungy as a freak for celebrating his Christianity in his moment of triumph, thanking God for his victory, and yes, him being proud that one can win the SB without cursing, raising your voice or demeaning your players. That you think that this isn't rare is just plain silly.

That's not what I did. I repeatedly defended his right to invoke a Christian God. It's clear the problem was with noting the social and historical importance of a victory by a Christian coach. No one here has yet been able to tell me why this is a notable or important event. What difference does it make? You tell me. Just who is he comparing himself to when he says this time a coach won doing it the Christian way, the right way. He's used both lines. All well and good that he follows the Christian way. Christ was righteous. I applaud that. But he goes too far when he makes it evident that this is somehow a break with the past.

I'm sure many agree with your view that thanking God in public, especially by a public figure at a sporting event is inappropriate.

I'm fine with people thanking God in public.

And I know, your angst is about more than that. Sure it is. It is about a public expression of Christianity.

You're wrong. It's too bad you haven't read what I wrote fairly early in this thread. But I forgive you (as a good Christian should) because this is a fairly long worthless thread on a completely meanignless incident which I responded to with a sarcastic crack, and I wish I hadn't at all, but I only stuck around because I felt being called a racist and a bigot was something that I had to respond to.

I'm sure you would be mortified if the networks showed the pregame and postgame prayers, celebrated by members of opposing teams before almost every NFL game. I'm sure some are non-denominational. Most are not.

I played football. I went to a Catholic school. I took part in these. But yeah, I felt bad for the Jewish football players. And really, what Tony Boselli used to bring into the locker room week after week was also over the top and ridiculous.

Last edited:
upstater1 will defend your right to say that, just as long as you dont say anything REEEEEAAAAALLLLY offensive like Tony Dungy did!

If it was "really" offensive I wouldn't have made a wisecrack. I would have probably asked myself, just what "church" does this guy belong to. Is it a legitimate "church?"

Fella, you threw out the racist and bigot labels first without trying to understand what I was saying. Yeah, I still think Dungy is a freak for saying that. I have no problem with him praising God for the win, thanking ************, all of that is "kosher" for me.

But this constant refrain of, "We did it the right way," is too high hat for me. Sorry. You disagree. No reason to call me a racist or bigot. And then you say I'm coming on stong? Please. "We did it the Christian way." As opposed to what?

Yeah, there are real "churches" in the Middle East, despite what some people may think.

Fella, read back a few posts, who is calling who a bigot? And you keep goofing up the quotes. He said "Two Christian coaches...who showed you could do it the right way" He didnt say Christian way. You know, the right way? being decent? being kind? having integrity? Now, it might very well be that their Christian faith teaches them how to do it the "right way" but that in no way excluded anybody else from doing it being decent,being kind, having integrity.
You want to be paranoid about it go right ahead.

And btw, i am very well aware there are Christian Arabs. There are also Christian Jews, Jews who believe that Jesus was the Messiah. There are many, many Christians living a brave life in the Middle East, and also suffering because of it.

I doubted YOU because your credibility was weakened by many shaky statements and the way you conveniently left off information about where you were coming from.

And again, with all the attacks thrown at Christianity and all the offensive things that are out there in this world, WHY would a self-proclaimed Christian make his stand, devote an entire thread to going after a Christian for celebrating the role his faith has played in his life in order to maybe be an example for others?

That is a question I have posed on the Religious forum because I hear this a lot from a segment of people, Christians, not a majority, but a good number, who get all bent out of shape when another Christian does what Jesus called us to do. Call me judgemental ( its not always the worst word in the world, folks, despite what the current culture is shoving at us), but it makes me wonder who it is these Christians serve.

bashing a guy for praising the one who is the center of the faith you profess.

It boggles the mind.

Last edited:
Upstater,

Yes, I read all the posts.

I believe that Dungy runs his team differently than other coaches. In his Christian walk, it is important not to curse, not to yell or raise your voice, to treat everyone with deference and respect, and not to demen your players. He believes that modeling this behavior, and expecting it from his players, which for him derives from Christianity, is a very unusual way to run a football team. I suspect that this is indeed true. Some would call him a pompous *****.
I suppose that it is a matter of perspective.

I agree that the thread wasn't very useful. To be clear, I don't thinkt a called you a racist. I suggested and still do that your comments were racist. You don't distinguish between public expression and a movie or a book. There is a difference. I beleive that in the Commonwealth of Massachussets you would be fired for the use of the t word, or at least reprimanded at any public school. Attacking Dungy as you did would be acceptable. That is simply my opinion.

I've made myself clear. The fact that it isn't registering with you isn't my fault.

Christian Jews, eh?

Upstater,

Yes, I read all the posts.

I believe that Dungy runs his team differently than other coaches. In his Christian walk, it is important not to curse, not to yell or raise your voice, to treat everyone with deference and respect, and not to demen your players. He believes that modeling this behavior, and expecting it from his players, which for him derives from Christianity, is a very unusual way to run a football team. I suspect that this is indeed true. Some would call him a pompous *****.
I suppose that it is a matter of perspective.

I agree that the thread wasn't very useful. To be clear, I don't thinkt a called you a racist. I suggested and still do that your comments were racist. You don't distinguish between public expression and a movie or a book. There is a difference. I beleive that in the Commonwealth of Massachussets you would be fired for the use of the t word, or at least reprimanded at any public school. Attacking Dungy as you did would be acceptable. That is simply my opinion.

By the way, as for the movie, book and public statements issues, there's a bit more to parse. I was using the book as an example to show that hateful words can be mentioned and discussed in context. I wasn't equating what I did with what goes on in Huck Finn. When I said I use those words with my students, clearly it's in the context of literature, although I have used swear words on quite a few occasions :rocker:

But as for the so-called movie, have you seen it? It's all about public speech. That's what it is. This is exactly the same venue that we're in right now. What's the difference?

My only issue with what Dungy said is the implication that other ways are the "wrong" way. That's basically it. If you're going to use the word "right," then there's gotta to be a "wrong" in there somewhere.

I do suspect Dungy is a phony for other reasons, but this thread deserves to die.

...........that's not what I did. I repeatedly defended his right to invoke a Christian God. It's clear the problem was with noting the social and historical importance of a victory by a Christian coach. No one here has yet been able to tell me why this is a notable or important event. What difference does it make? You tell me. Just who is he comparing himself to when he says this time a coach won doing it the Christian way, the right way. He's used both lines. All well and good that he follows the Christian way. Christ was righteous. I applaud that. But he goes too far when he makes it evident that this is somehow a break with the past..........

I played football. I went to a Catholic school. I took part in these. But yeah, I felt bad for the Jewish football players. And really, what Tony Boselli used to bring into the locker room week after week was also over the top and ridiculous.

um, yeah, we did, you just didnt want to listen. The question asked was about the social significance, meaning being African-American. Then Dungy answered that and THEN, without ever claiming to be the first or saying that was a break from the past, as if it never happened before, he went on to celebrate for himself and Lovie Smith that they were Christian coaches. YOU keep adding the historical link that Dungy never made. Its a distraction to the point and I have no clue why you keep doing it, ESPECIALLY being a Christian yourself.
He went on to talk about that their faith allowed them to do things the right way, not in exclusion of other people with other faiths. This is the stuff that angers you so much you have to post a thread about it? That another christian celebrates his Christian faith? It should be the worst thng to ever happen to you, brother.

As far as Tony Boselli, again, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?? why does this bother you? You want all your fellow Christians to be nice and quiet and not rock the boat or disturb anyone? sorry, thats not what the New Testament ( or the Old, for that matter) instructs us to do.

Last edited:
Dungy may indeed be a phony for other reasons. Dungy believes that the wrong way to run a football team is through intimidation, yelling at your team, often showing anger and cursing. That is his opinion.

But you're right; this thread should probably die.

I've made myself clear. The fact that it isn't registering with you isn't my fault.

Christian Jews, eh?

here we go, lets hear the "open mindedness" of the good teacher.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back