PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note from Roger Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irreversible damage? Puuh-lease. No one will remember this in a few years.

Ditto.

I seem to recall a little players strike in the 80s that had what was it 6 weeks of essentially college walk-ons playing pro-ball. I think there were a total of 4 guys who got to stay in the league when the real players came back.

That is barely a radar blip anymore, just in the nfl records it shows a season with less than 16 games.

The only stupidity here is that of people telling Goodell to shove it or he's a clown. They couldn't do Goodell's job and you're right, the NFL will keep on rolling.

Everyone likes to think they'd do things differently or would be a better big dog... until they are.

Last edited:
Please. :rolleyes:

Defending vermin like Goodell is hilarious...and inexplicable.

And he is no Big Dog nor will he ever be.

He is a twerp in a Big Suit.

Please. :rolleyes:

Defending vermin like Goodell is hilarious...and inexplicable.

And he is no Big Dog nor will he ever be.

He is a twerp in a Big Suit.
It should be simple enough for you to aspire to become Commissioner of the NFL then OTG. I look forward to publicly perusing your every move once you achieve office.

This is the general problem with boards; everyone throws mud yet without knowing intimates, rarely offer solutions to problems that industry professional aren't able to address over night.

Goodell IS the big dog. Feel free to delude yourself that he isn't.

Last edited:
The only stupidity here is that of people telling Goodell to shove it or he's a clown. They couldn't do Goodell's job and you're right, the NFL will keep on rolling.

Goodell is a clown. Noting it isn't stupidity. It's more of a case of people stating the obvious. As for the "couldn't do the job" comment, an inability to do something is not the same as an inability to tell when something's done properly or well, and you're making a wild assumption that others couldn't do what Goodell's doing. Goodell's massaging egos and playing point man for a group of powerful people. He's not running a 4.15 40.

Goodell is a clown. Noting it isn't stupidity. It's more of a case of people stating the obvious. As for the "couldn't do the job" comment, an inability to do something is not the same as an inability to tell when something's done properly or well, and you're making a wild assumption that others couldn't do what Goodell's doing. Goodell's massaging egos and playing point man for a group of powerful people. He's not running a 4.15 40.
You dribble sweet nothings like nobody before you.

If you think you can do a better job, put your hand up.

Last edited:

The irreversible damage is in reference to THIS years NFL season,if you took time to read my post you would understand the difference.

You dribble sweet nothings like nobody before you.

If you think you can do a better job, put your hand up.

20.%20crowdshotbyme-21.jpg

the only "job" Fuhrer Goodell is doing is the snow job he hands the fans every time he opens his yap...

399583_471940872836516_1499281546_n.jpg

the only "job" Fuhrer Goodell is doing is the snow job he hands the fans every time he opens his yap...

There's needs to be a clear determination here Joker. I do believe that there is room for improvement in Goodell's performance (much like every major leader who should be held to account). The difference is, very few offer alternative solutions to the course of action taken. I know Goodell is at the center of things, I know he was heavy-handed in his handling of Spygate but I also acknowledge that a large proportion of posters who routinely stick the boot into Goodell wouldn't get a sniff at being commissioner of the NFL. It's all arm chair heroism as far as I'm concerned.

He must be doing something right otherwise he wouldn't have his contract extended and his remuneration package improved.

The world would be a very different place if everything ran the way we wanted it too. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Last edited:
There's needs to be a clear determination here Joker. I do believe that there is room for improvement in Goodell's performance (much like every major leader who should be held to account). The difference is, very few offer alternative solutions to the course of action taken. I know Goodell is at the center of things, I know he was heavy-handed in his handling of Spygate but I also acknowledge that a large proportion of posters who routinely stick the boot into Goodell wouldn't get a sniff at being commissioner of the NFL. It's all arm chair heroism as far as I'm concerned.

He must be doing something right otherwise he wouldn't have his contract extended and his remuneration package improved.

The world would be a very different place if everything ran the way we wanted it too. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Brilliant theory, he has a job so he must be doing a good job at it otherwise he wouldn't have it.

He has a job that pays him 10 million dollars a year...to ostensibly walk point for the owners and their interests. WE are fans interested in our teams' success, a level playing field and honesty from the ones WE support with OUR HARD EARNED CASH. Roger Goodell is paid ten million a year from OUR monetary support of the owners' franchises. His "job" could be easily be broken down and compartmentalized into units overseen by well educated professionals...for ONE QUARTER the price of the Bulldell-in-a-china-shop act we've endured since 2006....if the NFL had a dedicated department overseeing referee contracts, stadium issues, TV contracts etc there would have never been the three weeks of total buffoonery and clown town idiocy perpetrated on the fanbases of all NFL teams.

In case you haven't noticed, this "bounty" Krakatoa is still rumbling and sending plumes of smoke into the air, even though I read right here that Goodell would slam dunk it, there was no case for anybody involved and that everybody who thought differently was "stupid!!!". Surely you can recall quotes like "the judge is stupid...the jury is stupid...the players are all stupid, the New Orleans fans are all stupid...all people who disagree with the idea that Roger Goodell is the greatest commissioner in any sport in history are idiots...THIS WILL BE OVER THIS WEEK!!"..."this week" being a week back in freaking late July.

The FACT that Roger Goodell not only entertained but implemented the idea of putting people with resumes like "worked the Lingerie Bowl" and "I'm just some fan of the Saints" on an NFL field to call actual NFL games is MIND BLOWING. There has NEVER been anything so utterly brain dead stupid put into motion in sports history. Goodell damaged the "shield" , the very one he constantly lies to us about "protecting"...HE has to go....form a new structure or keep the same structure...a new direction forward is the best thing for the League Of 32 Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Last edited:

Thanks Joker. You saved me the trouble of taking a picture of myself with my hand in the air.

Brilliant theory, he has a job so he must be doing a good job at it otherwise he wouldn't have it.
Not in particular. Having your contract extended and your package improved is a general indicator of professional aptitude and success (unless you're a politician).

Last edited:

Everyone likes to think they'd do things differently or would be a better big dog... until they are.

I doubt that Goody Two Sh**s could do some of our jobs either, although I honestly don't see what that has to do with him being a lap dog for the owners, or us commenting on an NFL message board about his mishandling of things.

Goodell and the NFL reminds me in a way of Howard Cosell and MNF. You could put almost anyone in their place, but the product is/was so great that we put up with them anyway.

How big is a big dog anyway? I had a spaniel that used to chase away even the biggest dogs.

Last edited:
He has a job that pays him 10 million dollars a year...to ostensibly walk point for the owners and their interests. WE are fans interested in our teams' success, a level playing field and honesty from the ones WE support with OUR HARD EARNED CASH. Roger Goodell is paid ten million a year from OUR monetary support of the owners' franchises. His "job" could be easily be broken down and compartmentalized into units overseen by well educated professionals...for ONE QUARTER the price of the Bulldell-in-a-china-shop act we've endured since 2006....if the NFL had a dedicated department overseeing referee contracts, stadium issues, TV contracts etc there would have never been the three weeks of total buffoonery and clown town idiocy perpetrated on the fanbases of all NFL teams.

In case you haven't noticed, this "bounty" Krakatoa is still rumbling and sending plumes of smoke into the air, even though I read right here that Goodell would slam dunk it, there was no case for anybody involved and that everybody who thought differently was "stupid!!!". Surely you can recall quotes like "the judge is stupid...the jury is stupid...the players are all stupid, the New Orleans fans are all stupid...all people who disagree with the idea that Roger Goodell is the greatest commissioner in any sport in history are idiots...THIS WILL BE OVER THIS WEEK!!"..."this week" being a week back in freaking late July.

The FACT that Roger Goodell not only entertained but implemented the idea of putting people with resumes like "worked the Lingerie Bowl" and "I'm just some fan of the Saints" on an NFL field to call actual NFL games is MIND BLOWING. There has NEVER been anything so utterly brain dead stupid put into motion in sports history. Goodell damaged the "shield" , the very one he constantly lies to us about "protecting"...HE has to go....form a new structure or keep the same structure...a new direction forward is the best thing for the League Of 32 Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Of all of the things he messed up, the one that bothered me the most, besides crygate of course, was the way that he took care of the Giants/Jets fans and temporarily waived a long-standing rule about where SB's are played. That one really stinks to me.

You're right on the money about the Saints too. That one is still simmering. The Saints owner is one Extraordinary Gentleman who isn't enjoying the hit that he took for the rest of them.

The irreversible damage is in reference to THIS years NFL season,if you took time to read my post you would understand the difference.

Your post said nothing about this season.

Of all of the things he messed up, the one that bothered me the most, besides crygate of course, was the way that he took care of the Giants/Jets fans and temporarily waived a long-standing rule about where SB's are played. That one really stinks to me.

There never was any long-standing rule. The games were most often played in warm weather climates, often in Miami, San Diego, etc.

However, the game was played in Detroit in 2006, and was selected to be the site of the Bowl in 2000, when Paul Tagliabue was Commish. It was also played in the Metrodome in Minneapolis in 92, and in Detroit in 82.

This past Super Bowl, the one that just happened, was played in Indianapolis, a city which would likely not fit into your made up long-standing rule.

But besides the hard facts that make your assertion incorrect is the truth that the Commissioner does not select the Super Bowl site. It is voted on by the owners.

I get not liking Goodell, after liking him when he became Commish for cracking down on the knucklehead behavior that Tagliabue ignored I have come to find him to be far too David Stern-esque for my liking.

But don't just make things up and pin them on him. He is not some all-powerful being who controls all things football. The owners own the league, and they vote on where their game will be played. He has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back