PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Noisy Jets gone, Pats next for Miami Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to hate the Pats with a greater passion than the Jets. But what that team has become after their fans garned some unwarranted arrogance with Favre to now become the trash talking, mediocre thug bunch of the NFL, sweeping them is so incredibly gratifying.

The Patriots have at least won something. The Jets haven't won anything.

That said, this Sunday's game is HUGE in terms of division implifications. A Dolphins win and we're right there in the driver's seat.

A win for you, and we're royally boned. We'd have to beat both undefeated teams to have a decent shot.

I'm not really seeing Miami winning this game. I'm well aware that they will probably pull a few new wrinkles out for us in the Wildcat then they have before, but I don't think it's going to be capable of beating the Pats. We have two weeks to prepare for it with successful blueprints on stopping it provided by the Dolphins' last two opponents. On top of that, I'm not quite sure their secondary can stop our air attack.

I think Miami will take one from the Pats this season. I just happen to think that it will be in Miami five weeks from now.

Yeah I actually think the game in Miami will be a much better game myself.

I think that if the Pats O-line can give Brady good protection, he will have a field day with their secondary, but Brady needs to avoid Jason Taylor. If they can stop the wildcat, and limit mistakes, and take care of business, they should win this game. Belichick had 2 weeks to prepare, so let's hope it pays off on Sunday.

The Dolphins always give this Pats team fits, so this will be a tough game.

Have you watched Jason Taylor play this season? I'm not worried about him at all. I'm much more concerned about Cameron Wake, if he sees playing time, and Joey Porter.

Why does miami have no chance at all at the playoffs if they split with the pats. They could win out and be 11-5, winning their only other tough game against PITT. Or they could lose to PITT and be 10-6. Certainly they would have a "chance" at 10-6.

True, they're not all gimmes by any means. But that just makes it all the clearer: for Miami to have any playoff hopes at all, they MUST win at Gillette.

Why does miami have no chance at all at the playoffs if they split with the pats. They could win out and be 11-5, winning their only other tough game against PITT. Or they could lose to PITT and be 10-6. Certainly they would have a "chance" at 10-6.

By "no chance" I didn't mean mathematically eliminated. I meant that practically speaking, it would be stunning for them to make it back from 3-5 given the current state of the conference. It would require near-perfection from a team with some major holes, AND require a whole lot of other good teams to obligingly start losing.

I for one can't wait for this game. I have always respected you guys as a team and it is always a pleasure to see us playing our best against you guys. I think this will be a close, hard fought game. I think our running game will get going and we will give you quite the scare. Whether we win, I'm not sure.

Time to have fun with that secondary.

I for one can't wait for this game. I have always respected you guys as a team and it is always a pleasure to see us playing our best against you guys. I think this will be a close, hard fought game. I think our running game will get going and we will give you quite the scare. Whether we win, I'm not sure.

You are going to get destroyed, unfortunately.

We swept a team that dominated you.

You don't REALLY believe what you're saying, right?

You'd have to be blind to not see the difference in play by this team since then.

That said, I think the Phish games are the funnest to watch. Should be a good contest, but that Wildcat ain't gonna help if your corners can't stop the pass.

My prognosis is based on several factors.

1) The utilization of safeties by NO in edge-containing the WC (including slant blitzing) which was very effective. Our safeties are perchance, performing at a high level. I see us copying NO's tactics in that game. You will see safeties on the LOS every time you motion to the WC, and we will do this without giving up the big play because we'll be in the dime, so the back is covered.

2) Henne's inability to interpret disguised rushes. I recall one play by NO where they bluffed 5 but rushed only 3 men. Henne threw away the pass. Inexcusable. He is also not at the point in his career where he can go around doing pre-snap adjustments or audible like Pennington did.

3) Dolphins inexperienced CB's and their rank in giving up 20+ yard plays (4th). You also give up 236 ypg.

4) I am sure you won't be stupid enough to single cover Moss again, but this still creates matchup problems for you across the board, you simply just don't have the personnel to stop what we throw at you.

5) The trickery of the WC is a lot less effective now that you have started to take out the QB, so essentially you're playing the "this is what we do, see if you can beat us" game, which is always a losing proposition against an elite team because they have the time to sub in the right personnel.

EDIT: I also don't think we will be allowing Ginn a free pass up the middle.

Last edited:

They didn't dominate us as much as a rusty Brady did. Unfortunately, for you guys, that doesn't look like it's going to happen again.

Losing by 7 after being ahead at halftime is being dominated? If that's the case then what did we do to you in 2007, sodomize you?

A Dolphins win and the Dolphins are still a game behind in the standings, tied at 4-4 with the Jets but in second place because of the head-to-head matchups. No matter how this weekend's game ends up, the Patriots will still be in the AFCE driver's seat.

agreed, no doubt. but i'll just feel better if we're in the driver's seat and also have to look real, real hard in the rear view mirror to see anybody else. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back