PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No none will ever, EVER replace TFB here....but

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Jimmy G just does not look like he could get it done if he had to step in gawd forbid!! I am pulling hard for Jimmy ....great kid, seems to have good talent. I know this is Preseason game....so was last game......But Jimmy G just seems Cassel-like. Game manager....can't get it done under pressure....and erratic. I kind of see Brissett hanging around and Jim still could be traded after this year.....thx

you're "pulling hard" for Jimmy G?...little graphic there, Mr. Jones. This is a quasi-family board. That being thrown out there, Garrop looks 100% more effective in a hurry up.

The Bears are so dumb for not trading for the talented, star in the making former Eastern Illinois QB. Should have traded their 17 and 18 first rounders, good for both sides in this QB dry/pricey market.

I'm amazed at the people whose football savvy allows them to accurately determine a player's ceiling based on a few quarters of preseason football.

How are you guys not making the big bucks heading up some personnel office for one of the teams?

I think we're all spoiled from 17 years of Tom Brady. We have the greatest quarterback of all time playing for us, right now. It's extraordinary. This is a man who's next big record to chase is the tie for most franchise Superbowl wins. He is literally one Superbowl away from tying a feat that took the Steelers 80 years and many quarterbacks to accomplish. He's no longer even in competition with other quarterbacks; he's surpassed them all and is now approaching records set by whole franchises across many decades. We as a fanbase have completely forgotten what a good-but-mortal quarterback looks like. People who thought Jimmy was the heir-apparent and could step in and be just like Tom were delusional. Like the Colts fans who thought Luck would be just like Peyton; or the 49ers fans who thought they'd win four more Superbowls with Young not missing a beat after Montana. There will never be another Tom. He's a once-in-a-lifetime talent, and after he's gone, we'll have to deal with a quarterback who's good but who can't be Tom Brady.

If you can follow Brady up with a top 15 quarterback (Andy Dalton or better) you've been very fortunate, you're not going to get another Brady level quarterback.

As for Brissett i just don't see starting NFL quarterback from anything i've seen which is why Jimmy wasn't traded.

It’s preseason. He will be fine...

Brady is the greatest of all time, he makes it look so easy. But let's not forget, JG was throwing to 2nd and 3rd string players. Brady gets to throw to Edelman (before he got hurt), Gronk, Hogan, Amendola, etc. Let's not forget how well JG played when he was with the first string players when Brady missed the 1st 4 games in 2016. JG was money until he got hurt.

Brady is the greatest of all time, he makes it look so easy. But let's not forget, JG was throwing to 2nd and 3rd string players. Brady gets to throw to Edelman (before he got hurt), Gronk, Hogan, Amendola, etc. Let's not forget how well JG played when he was with the first string players when Brady missed the 1st 4 games in 2016. JG was money until he got hurt.

And even that was without GRONK.

I'm amazed at the people whose football savvy allows them to accurately determine a player's ceiling based on a few quarters of preseason football.

How are you guys not making the big bucks heading up some personnel office for one of the teams?
Remember the garoppolites are basing it on a few quarters also.

Good post ...thanks
I think we're all spoiled from 17 years of Tom Brady. We have the greatest quarterback of all time playing for us, right now. It's extraordinary. This is a man who's next big record to chase is the tie for most franchise Superbowl wins. He is literally one Superbowl away from tying a feat that took the Steelers 80 years and many quarterbacks to accomplish. He's no longer even in competition with other quarterbacks; he's surpassed them all and is now approaching records set by whole franchises across many decades. We as a fanbase have completely forgotten what a good-but-mortal quarterback looks like. People who thought Jimmy was the heir-apparent and could step in and be just like Tom were delusional. Like the Colts fans who thought Luck would be just like Peyton; or the 49ers fans who thought they'd win four more Superbowls with Young not missing a beat after Montana. There will never be another Tom. He's a once-in-a-lifetime talent, and after he's gone, we'll have to deal with a quarterback who's good but who can't be Tom Brady.

So a piss poor O-line, no running game and drop after drop from the receivers = Jimmy G sucks?

Is he Tom Brady? No, of course not. But if he can be somewhere between 80-90 % of Tom Brady and a top 10 QB in the NFL, then that's not too shabby. What happened yesterday didn't in anyway suggest that Jimmy can't achieve that.

Alternative plan: Trade Brissett and Coleman for Jake Rudock.

;)

Jimmy Gs career as a starter won't be here.
The time line with Brady doesn't work for him.
My concern with Jimmy G is he doesn't know how to hit the ground when he is tackled. always puts his arm out to break his fall.
I see a Pennington type of career for Jimmy G.
Brady's replacement is not on the roster.

He is also behind a **** 2nd string OL that doesn't slide protection very well. This is somewhat concerning.

^ Truth.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back