PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal on the block?

By all accounts, Bill overrode his scouts because Harry killed it in the interview.
step brothers dale GIF

Harry showed up to his interview in a tux?

Thank you for the blast from the past. I love looking through threads like that to see my insane post and also check how opinions have evolved over time.
My pleasure. Looking back on the draft threads (and the pre/post versions) can be a hoot. They can be humbling, too. I'll never forget my evaluation of Aaron Donald. I'm not sure it's possible to be more wrong about a player. I did get it right with this particular player, Harry,

I hope BB got this right, but I don't see a middling speed OWR as the guy to break the streak.

Official Day 1 2019 Draft Thread

but all the "I told you so about ...." in the world (and my take with Harry wasn't really strong enough to merit one of those) will never make me not laugh at myself over Donald.

And, boy, that thread had an ominous foreshadowing (posting this for the player's words, not anything of the poster):

NFLN just interviewed Harry, said he was excited to be held to Tom Brady's standard. Seems like a good kid.

Official Day 1 2019 Draft Thread

Last edited:
If you are a receiver who cant get separation then you better be able to fight the for the ball and grab it from cornerbacks. Go up and get it.

Guys like Dez Bryant/anquan bolden etc. (which have similar play styles to harry) werent always open, but they would overpower Cornerbacks and go up and get the ball. same with Gronkowski alot of times. he wasnt always open, but he was because of his size/length/ability to grab the ball up high.

Harry's biggest weakness is he gets manhandled by smaller cornerbacks, doesnt fight for the ball and seemingly gives up when he faces any 50-50 type situations. If you cant get open AND cant grab 50-50 balls then you basically are useless...

Harry just feels like the type of athlete that was just bigger, stronger, and more physically mature throughout most of his football career. But in the NFL that gap is now such a fine line. There's still room for someone like him to succeed, but it doesn't come 'easy' anymore. I wonder how much can be mental with him, not being able to just bully his opponent constantly anymore.

Just my take....

Harry just feels like the type of athlete that was just bigger, stronger, and more physically mature throughout most of his football career. But in the NFL that gap is now such a fine line. There's still room for someone like him to succeed, but it doesn't come 'easy' anymore. I wonder how much can be mental with him, not being able to just bully his opponent constantly anymore.

Just my take....

Also, I really liked the pick at the time, too.

Just my take....
I think there is a lot to this.

Just my take....
Sounds like Drew Bledsoe.

If you are a receiver who cant get separation then you better be able to fight the for the ball and grab it from cornerbacks. Go up and get it.

Guys like Dez Bryant/anquan bolden etc. (which have similar play styles to harry) werent always open, but they would overpower Cornerbacks and go up and get the ball. same with Gronkowski alot of times. he wasnt always open, but he was because of his size/length/ability to grab the ball up high.

Harry's biggest weakness is he gets manhandled by smaller cornerbacks, doesnt fight for the ball and seemingly gives up when he faces any 50-50 type situations. If you cant get open AND cant grab 50-50 balls then you basically are useless...

Harry is softer than tapioca pudding

Just my take....

his college tape is nowhere near as impressive as AJ Brown’s.
i really don’t know how we missed that

His coach is friends with bill apparently. Hopefully Bill stops that

i do not understand how bb, the greatest ever at breaking down tape, can take the word of coaches over what he sees on tape?

I mean when he watched tape of Easley, what made him think this guy was a first round pick? So why believe the coach and not the film,

BillB just cannot pick good WRs in the draft. Unless he goes with the "experts" top WR talent.

Waddle is a no-brainer.

i do not understand how bb, the greatest ever at breaking down tape, can take the word of coaches over what he sees on tape?

I mean when he watched tape of Easley, what made him think this guy was a first round pick? So why believe the coach and not the film,
Easley's problem wasn't a game film problem. It was having banjo strings for ACLs.

Easley's problem wasn't a game film problem. It was having banjo strings for ACLs.

True, but when looking at his between numerous injuries tape, what on that tape screamed first round pick?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back