PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry's Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well last year but he’s getting exposed as a high maintenance back. He needs a good O-line, excellent blocking FB and TE’s to be effective.
Doesn’t that apply to almost every RB except maybe Barry Sanders?!?!....No BLOCKING no big gains or production....

Doesn’t that apply to almost every RB except maybe Barry Sanders?!?!....No BLOCKING no big gains or production....
No. There’s plenty of RB’s that run behind mediocre O-lines and do well. In fact, Most teams don’t have a FB on the roster. Pats have an elite blocking FB. Most teams don’t have one elite blocking TE. Pats had Gronk and Allen was pretty good.

Sony had all of this last year.

He played well last year but he’s getting exposed as a high maintenance back. He needs a good O-line, excellent blocking FB and TE’s to be effective.

Lol! Or maybe he needs better than terrible blocking all around and no healthy FB.... like every other RB in the history of the game?

Seriously, do some people think reading ypc is a substitute for actually watching the games?

I apologize for quoting the same comment, but it just hit me that this is even funnier than I realized. This is the argument in syllogistic form:

Premise 1: Michel was very productive last year in a situation that would be rated as a 9 out of 10.

Premise 2: Michel has been unproductive in a situation that would be rated as 2/10.

Conclusion: Michel requires at least a 9/10 to be productive.

Hopefully it's obvious where Rain went off the rails. :D

Harry is running a very limited route tree for us in philly.

I’m not sure how much that expands this week. But I expect that if Dallas plays off coverage on him, slants, outs and comeback routes will be open all game long.

Lol! Or maybe he needs better than terrible blocking all around and no healthy FB.... like every other RB in the history of the game?

Seriously, do some people think reading ypc is a substitute for actually watching the games?

I apologize for quoting the same comment, but it just hit me that this is even funnier than I realized. This is the argument in syllogistic form:

Premise 1: Michel was very productive last year in a situation that would be rated as a 9 out of 10.

Premise 2: Michel has been unproductive in a situation that would be rated as 2/10.

Conclusion: Michel requires at least a 9/10 to be productive.

Hopefully it's obvious where Rain went off the rails. :D
Apparently not...It's of course true that Every RB will benefit from a better OL & excellent blocking FBs & TEs...What's also true is that Soreknee cannot generate yards after contact: the first defender to touch him also tackles him...Michelle is therefore also part of the Problem.

Given Bill's history with having Power Backs as well as 3rd-Down Backs in the building, I was a little surprised (and obviously very VERY disappointed) that he decided to draft this JAG instead of the far studlier Nick Chubb.

Apparently not...It's of course true that Every RB will benefit from a better OL & excellent blocking FBs & TEs...What's also true is that Soreknee cannot generate yards after contact: the first defender to touch him also tackles him...Michelle is therefore also part of the Problem.

Given Bill's history with having Power Backs as well as 3rd-Down Backs in the building, I was a little surprised (and obviously very VERY disappointed) that he decided to draft this JAG instead of the far studlier Nick Chubb.

and yet the actual results still stand.........regardless of how clear your 20/20 hindsight may be

C'mon haven't you heard? Wynn Is Back! All is well now. Sony 100 Plus & 3 TDs.
Don’t think we can pencil that in just yet, but a very good LT replacing a bad one is an unequivocal Good Thing.

Gasper was on Felger and Mazz and said that his source told him Harry sucks in practice.

Don’t think we can pencil that in just yet, but a very good LT replacing a bad one is an unequivocal Good Thing.

Yes but that is inconvenient to my emotionally-based conclusions about a player so I will disregard it.

I'm hoping harry picks it up. I hope he doesn't "suck in practice". That's concerning. I wanted to drsdt terry McLaurin, very shifty guy. Cheaper pick and better fit for the offense apparently. Sad.

I expect that if Dallas plays off coverage on him, slants, outs and comeback routes will be open all game long.
To the tune of 8 catches for 122. BOOM

(If at first you don’t succeed...)

He needs to learn fast and step up. A #1 round pick selection has to contribute now.

He seems to get the Newhouse type of comments("came from the streets, what do you want me to do") whether it is Brady, Josh or BB talking.
I hope it is because he has not had many opportunities to show his worth in practice and not that he sucks at NFL level.

He needs to learn fast and step up. A #1 round pick selection has to contribute now.

Might be another WR bust. We’ve proven over two decades we do not know how to draft wide receivers. Once in a while we get lucky and quarterbacks from Kent state fall into our lap.

I don't view WR as a developmental position, especially a first round pick. The whole vibe around this guy is not what you'd hope for. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back