PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry seems to have picked the right mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reminds me of Terrell Owens. His success here will be determined by his ability to stay healthy, pick up the system and get in Brady's good graces.

No, BB doesn't very often draft WR's early, and about never is the amount of times the best big WR in the draft falls to the last pick in the first round... never.

We also got one of the best RB's later then we should have, and best QB's later then we should have. There was not a run on skill positions early, so the quality of depth was there.

My only issue here is the appearance of favoritism, if he extended invites to all the receivers and they refused to go to where ever he is then my issue is baseless, but I wonder how some of the new additions feel, how Dorsett feels and the TEs.
D7alJmHXoAAK3yj.jpg
We choose who and what we invest out time in. You can judge your perceived criteria and motivations of others all you want, but if you go out with 1 person from work, are obligated to go out with all of them? Stop looking for offense where there is none intended.

No more discussion. We’re winning the super bowl and harry will be rookie of the year!

Can you imagine a better way to integrate a smart, talented young wide receiver than working alone with Brady and Jules? This is a gift.

Pats hall of fame.

Harry picked a good mentor but he’s also looking like a really good pick. It’s like a cross between Boldin and Fitzgerald, nothing homerific about that comparison.

We choose who and what we invest out time in. You can judge your perceived criteria and motivations of others all you want, but if you go out with 1 person from work, are obligated to go out with all of them? Stop looking for offense where there is none intended.
The success of all the other receiving players is predicated on the number of reception and TDs which depends on gaining Brady's trust. Only way you gain his trust is to work with him and the more he trust you, the more he will throw to you and the more money you will make. Is that the nature of your work? This relationship is unlike any other.
What I was driving at is that OTAs are there for just this purpose, if he has a bit of this time on his hands, he can surely lead the new receiving team at the facility too and help them out just a little bit. No? He captioned his post as a family affair so I guess all other receivers not invited to his house should know where they stand.
Offense was not intended, but if my livelihood depends on me establishing a relationship with you, I will feel as the players say 'some type of way'.

My guess is Giselle wanted him to retire by now and Tom didn't. I think missing OTAs might be a compromise.

My guess is Giselle wanted him to retire by now and Tom didn't. I think missing OTAs might be a compromise.
Gisele needs to know her place in the household. :p

She earns the bacon, wears the pants and Tommy gets to play football with his friends.

Harry picked a good mentor but he’s also looking like a really good pick. It’s like a cross between Boldin and Fitzgerald, nothing homerific about that comparison.
The fact that this kid was playing catch with Tom and Jules on a holiday weekend tells me something about him and them

Probably that + the hairstyle which Dobson also had in his last year here.

No worries, it's definitely not a meaningful comparison.

crop_exact_490522146.jpg

Please N'Keal...please, please, please don't take #17

Stop it. Everyone we draft and everyone we sign blows. End of story.

Last edited:
Harry seems like he could be an important part of the offense...but lets not put the cart before the horse. Regardless of draft position....we've all had high hopes for players that didn't pan out..he's been practicing with the team for LESS then a WEEK. The team desperately needs new blood at WR and Harry is at the top of the talent list. If Gunner Olszewski was drafted in the 1st round...he would be in Tom's backyard catching passes instead of Harry. I see this more a need to get top talent up to speed with the playbook and chemistry and not the second coming of TO.

I'm totally looking forward to see what Harry can do ... it will be exciting.

Last edited:
The fact that this kid was playing catch with Tom and Jules on a holiday weekend tells me something about him and them

Agree completely. Belichick doesn’t go WR in the first because they have the least involvement on a play by play basis. But he still gets need and with this pick he’s filling a big hole at WR, while also getting a player who can replace Gronk’s routes with the ability to win those balls.

My only issue here is the appearance of favoritism, if he extended invites to all the receivers and they refused to go to where ever he is then my issue is baseless, but I wonder how some of the new additions feel, how Dorsett feels and the TEs.

Do you think the New England Patriots are a collection of 12-year old girls?

Agree completely. Belichick doesn’t go WR in the first because they have the least involvement on a play by play basis. But he still gets need and with this pick he’s filling a big hole at WR, while also getting a player who can replace Gronk’s routes with the ability to win those balls.
Gotta wonder if JE had a hand in this.

As of Thurs Harry hadn't spoken to Tom.

Since then Jules backchannels Tom to let know he's the real deal, great kid, etc and Tom hits the kid up to play catch with him and JE.

I hope Harry developes a Kealler instinct

Do you think the New England Patriots are a collection of 12-year old girls?
The Patriots, no. Other teams.......maybe with some of their melodrama worthy of teenagers.....possibly (e.g. Steelers, Jets front office etc.)

If i had grown up watching the GOAT i would jump at the chance to play catch in his back yard, even on a holiday. I don't think it was a tough decision on harrys part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes