PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry seems to have picked the right mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorset wants a bigger role...he's stated that somewhat recently. I'm sure he's not happy about being left out...as are others. He doesn't get to choose who Tom invites to his house.
Yup and they’re all grown men. Life isn’t fair

No. Roy Moore has never been seen around Foxboro.
lIiu0GF.gif

On being "asked" to join the practice, didn't Jules hound Brady for years, making sure he lived in the same place as Tom (going to CA in the offseason) to get those practices in? Maybe one doesn't sit at home waiting for Brady to call.

On being "asked" to join the practice, didn't Jules hound Brady for years, making sure he lived in the same place as Tom (going to CA in the offseason) to get those practices in? Maybe one doesn't sit at home waiting for Brady to call.

Jules is from the Bay area.

I would argue that it's in the best interest of the team for Brady and the receivers to get as many repetitions together as possible prior to the season beginning. And a receiver feeling bummed (either personally or professionally) because they didn't receive an invite is an understandable and natural human reaction. It requires a great deal of judgment to refer to such a reaction as "entitled victimhood".

I'll make a slight tweak to your statement: "holding strong opinions about the feelings of others when they aren't hurting anyone is one of the biggest problems in our society". Amen.
If you think I hold strong opinions about the "feelings" of others, you misunderstand what was intended. This entire time, I have been referring to the perspectives taken by people, not the emotions felt. If one can't make such a distinction, they really aren't qualified to effectively engage about such topics.

Feeling bummed is a natural reaction, which is not what I am referring to. It is the maintaining a perspective of resentment and entitlement after the initial emotion that I am referring to. There is a huge difference. We are not talking about children here.

Out culture teaches us to be extremely entitled, yet teaches almost nothing about emotions and how to deal with them. Instead, it teaches us to suppress our emotions and take prescription drugs rather than facing our problems. It is no wonder that the default mode of most of our population is of the entitled victim. It used to be my default mode as well, and still creeps up far more often than it should.

We can choose to learn and grow from perceived slights, or maintain a perspective that we were slighted, even when no slight was intended. I do agree that it takes a significant amount of judgment to reach these conclusions. What you don't seem to get is they are judgments about the effects of such perspectives rather than the quality of those taking the perspectives. Everyone is certainly free to choose resentment and hurt when they don't receive something that was given to another. It doesn't make them a "bad person". It is a choice, not an emotion.

The choice is yours. You can either continue to perceive my comments as harsh criticism of the people themselves, or try to understand the intended meaning behind the words, and realize it was a perspective that I was criticizing, not judging whether the people were "good" or "bad". Sentient beings can't help but make judgements. It is the nature of the judgements that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes