PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is right. But you said Brady froze out Harry proving Harry was no good. But Brady froze out Myers too. So your argument is false. It is OK to say you were wrong but still do not think Harry is good.

where is your proof brady froze out meyers? Secondly, name one QB in nfl history who invited an undrafted free agent to privately work out with him prior to training camp

where is your proof brady froze out meyers? Secondly, name one QB in nfl history who invited an undrafted free agent to privately work out with him prior to training camp

Too funny. You are a treat. My bad.

Idk it's not Brady's job to pick and choose who to throw to. Maybe if he invited Harry to his practice sessions their chemistry would develop.
It seems Harry himself disagrees with your assessment of Tom.

Newton has been positive, supportive and even defensive when asked receiving corps, which feels notable after a season in 2019 when Tom Brady wasn’t quite so publicly jazzed about his pass-catchers, roughly the same group in 2020. But the narrative that Brady wasn’t helping and mentoring Harry, who had a rough season, seems to be off.

“When it comes to wanting me to succeed in that regard, I think Tom wanted me to succeed just as much (as Newton),” Harry told reporters on Tuesday. “It’s just hard trying to compare it. I just think as a rookie, it was just hard for me to grasp the offense missing half of the season and getting thrown in there like that. So like I said, it really is hard to compare. But it is helpful to have Cam guiding me along.”

You’re also wrong about Tom not working outside of Patriots practices with Harry. Here is Tom throwing to him at his house before the 2019 season.

1607184766562.jpeg

Newton has been positive, supportive and even defensive when asked receiving corps, which feels notable after a season in 2019 when Tom Brady wasn’t quite so publicly jazzed about his pass-catchers, roughly the same group in 2020. But the narrative that Brady wasn’t helping and mentoring Harry, who had a rough season, seems to be off.

“When it comes to wanting me to succeed in that regard, I think Tom wanted me to succeed just as much (as Newton),” Harry told reporters on Tuesday. “It’s just hard trying to compare it. I just think as a rookie, it was just hard for me to grasp the offense missing half of the season and getting thrown in there like that. So like I said, it really is hard to compare. But it is helpful to have Cam guiding me along.”

You’re also wrong about Tom not working outside of Patriots practices with Harry. Here is Tom throwing to him at his house before the 2019 season.

View attachment 29352

the Harry apologists are grasping on to straws. People just need to admit BB sucks at drafting wide receivers

The Patriots just have a super spotty record at drafting wide receivers. Our only "successful picks" in the past 20 years are Deion Branch and Julian Edelman. That's pretty damn lousy! Once ever 10 years BB hits on a good WR??
Hey don't forget David Givens!

Hey don't forget David Givens!
Givens was good for the Pats, as a possession guy, especially in the playoffs (see consecutive game w/TD record). When he went to TENN, I believe he caught 8 passes for 104 yards in the first 5 games (slow start) after signing a 24M contract and never returned after a ACL right after that.

I point it out because he probably wasn't a good WR. I think he was perfect for the 2002-2005 Pats. If Pats had him I bet they beat the Colts in the Reche Caldwell bug eyes game (caveat: working from memory here if the timing is wrong don't crush me)

Yes, the Patriots have had many busts at receiver. Harry joins an ignominious group that includes Chad Jackson, Tony Simmons, and Aaron Dobson, all of whom were chosen in the first two rounds. Only six receivers in Patriots history have been drafted higher than Harry’s No. 32 overall selection in ’19: Irving Fryar (1, 1984); Ron Sellers (6, 1969); Terry Glenn (7, 1996); Dykes (16, 1989); Darryl Stingley (19, 1973); and Stanley Morgan (25, 1977).

Sellers lasted just three seasons with the Patriots, but made the AFL Pro Bowl team as a rookie, gaining 705 yards and averaging 26.1 yards per catch. The argument can be made that Harry is the biggest receiver bust in Patriots history.

View attachment 29352
was he standing or running

Good WR's in this era, will find a way to get open for even the worst QB's to find them. Harry is obviously not doing anything right or else you'd see Cam frequently target him.
Cam simply shouldn’t be a QB in the nfl right now. He can not make any passes. He sucks, sucks sucks. Not sure how anyone here can defend him. Maybe he is injured, maybe it is a mental thing, but he is awful. He refuses to throw anything to a wr unless he is completely wide open. Even then it is likely to be at the wr’s feet. People keep blaming the WR’s when it is the qb. Put Stidham in there and see what the wr’s do, then maybe we can judge them.

The o line is offense right? Harris is on the offense, right?

So many of us thought Harry would be like Anquan Boldin...big target, box out ability, red zone threat...Harry is terrible. What a disappointment and waste of a pick....so far...

Brady was being a Diva? Then what does that make Cam Newton?!

LOL. The fact is that there weere 5 or 6 receivers taken AFTER Harry who are miles better and have performed better in the NFL.

Harry still sucks and he's not getting open even though he has had ample opportunity to show that he can improve. He just hasn't made any progress!

The Patriots just have a super spotty record at drafting wide receivers. Our only "successful picks" in the past 20 years are Deion Branch and Julian Edelman. That's pretty damn lousy! Once ever 10 years BB hits on a good WR??
There comes a time where even the most ardent Harry supporter has to realize drafting him was a mistake and his future in the NFL is at best, declining. I had hopes he could become an Anquan Boldin possession type receiver but now, I'm not seeing anything to suggest he's NFL caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye