PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice breakdown of Quarterbacks drafted by Belichick

The tuck rule was enforced dozens of times, before and after that correct call. It was only changed years later because of the constant whining by the Raiduhs.

Personally, I enjoy the fact that the Raiduhs and some fans (apparently you're one of them) think they got robbed.

I am not saying it was the wrong rule. But let’s face it, Brady would have been strip sacked and the Pats would have lost the game if not for the technicality of him not finishing the process of tucking the ball. Under today’s rules it would be a strip sack.

I am not saying it was the wrong rule. But let’s face it, Brady would have been strip sacked and the Pats would have lost the game if not for the technicality of him not finishing the process of tucking the ball. Under today’s rules it would be a strip sack.
Unfortunately for the Raiduhs and Jim Nants (the original Tuckhead) that 2001 game was played by the rules of 2001 and not the rules of 2022. So you're not saying the call was wrong but you think it happened in the wrong decade.

Free at last. Free at last. Thank Walt Coleman we're free at last.

Unfortunately for the Raiduhs and Jim Nants (the original Tuckhead) that 2001 game was played by the rules of 2001 and not the rules of 2022. So you're not saying the call was wrong but you think it happened in the wrong decade.

Free at last. Free at last. Thank Walt Coleman we're free at last.

I am just saying the Pats were fortunate to benefit from a bad rule. I was saying to counter a poster mischaracterizing Brady’s performance in that game as if it was an elite performance.

But I am done arguing Brady and the Snow Bowl. This is why I don’t like getting into arguments between the Brady Cult and the Brady haters.

Last edited:
Considering he's won under pretty much every conceivable circumstance... yes.

Wrong. Brady had an opportunity in SB 42 with 27 seconds left AND 3 timeouts. He couldn't move the ball a single yard. So again, Brady simply does not have the ability to engineer a game winning or game tying drive like Mahomes did last year with 13 seconds left. Brady can do it with 3 minutes or even 2 minutes but under a minute to go in the 4th with the game on the line he has never done it despite opportunity to. Brady is methodical and requires more time on the clock.
Dee Ford is your second most hated NFL player... odd for a Pats fan. Brady won a Super Bowl at age 43 with a torn MCL so spare me the excuses.

LOL, Brady has lied many times before. His so-called "torn MCL" was him making stuff up. Dr Chao say it would have been impossible to play an entire season on a fully torn MCL.

Air Yards... total yards passes travel in the air before being caught... where Brady ranked over his last 5 seasons (after turning age 40)...

2021 1st
2020 2nd
2019 9th
2018 9th
2017 1st

You were saying?

Where are you getting your stats? Air Yards is not an official NFL stat, so I have no idea of verifying this. Besides, many sites that do keep track of air yards include incompletions as well. And since Brady threw the ball more than anyone (by a longshot), I wouldn't be surprised. I can throw the ball 5 yards to a receiver 20 times and I'd have 100 air yards. The eye test tells you that Brady is just not a great down field thrower, at least not like Allen or Mahomes.

LOL! Rather be a Colts fan than a Brady cultist. Seriously. I would. I am glad I am neither.
I don't understand this. The animosity for Brady. You'll say it's for his "followers" but no really it's for Brady himself. How do you reconcile being a Patriots fan with your distain for the most important person in franchise history? How's that work?

You want to know why Manning sucked in the playoffs and it wasn‘t all his fault? Because the Colts never cared about defense with Manning.
Colts had the second ranked defense in 2005 and lost at home in the divisional round. Colts had the first ranked defense in 2007 and lost at home in the divisional round. Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006 because their defense got hot in the postseason and overcame Manning puking all over himself with 3 TDs and 7 INTs. Manning's other Super Bowl win with Denver, he had a passer rating of 56.6 in that game and was putrid that entire season, Denver's defense literally dragged him to a championship.

Take another look at Manning's postseason game logs, he pulverized Denver in two wild card games and then pretty much sucked otherwise unless he was in a Broncos uniform facing a Belichick defense.

I have to disagree with your take on Parcells.
It's not my take.

NYG had losing seasons 9 of 10 years before Parcells' arrival... they were above .500 in 6 of 8 seasons with Parcells and won 2 Super Bowls.
NEP had 4 losing seasons in a row including 1 and 2 win seasons... they were in the playoffs year two and in the Super Bowl two years after that.
NYJ had 8 seasons in a row of .500 or below... they were in the AFCCG in his second season.
DAL had 3 seasons in a row of 5-11... they made the playoffs in 2 of 4 seasons with Parcells.

Parcells turned all 4 of those franchises around and he did it with mediocre quarterbacks across the board.

Wrong. Brady had an opportunity in SB 42 with 27 seconds left AND 3 timeouts. He couldn't move the ball a single yard. So again, Brady simply does not have the ability to engineer a game winning or game tying drive like Mahomes did last year with 13 seconds left. Brady can do it with 3 minutes or even 2 minutes but under a minute to go in the 4th with the game on the line he has never done it despite opportunity to. Brady is methodical and requires more time on the clock.
Brady's the most clutch quarterback in the history of the NFL. There isn't anyone who genuinely disagrees with that.

Where are you getting your stats? Air Yards is not an official NFL stat, so I have no idea of verifying this. Besides, many sites that do keep track of air yards include incompletions as well. And since Brady threw the ball more than anyone (by a longshot), I wouldn't be surprised. I can throw the ball 5 yards to a receiver 20 times and I'd have 100 air yards. The eye test tells you that Brady is just not a great down field thrower, at least not like Allen or Mahomes.
Allen is in the midst of setting a new standard for elite quarterbacking. Mahomes is a phenomenal quarterback but he makes too many critical mistakes.

The stat is real. Those rankings are accurate. I'm sure you know how to use Google so look it up.

Bruce Allen had a nice breakdown on the fact that most of the players drafted all have a pretty solid handle on the NFL:

I was thinking about this yesterday as the Pats took the field against Jacoby Brissette. As much as folks don't like BB's draft capabilities, he does have an eye for good NFL QBs.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back