PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFP Draft Buzz and Rumors

I think the Pat's have a better chance of dealing with 49er's at 10-N.F.C. team that Pat's have a draft day trade history with. If I were an A.F.C. team I would not deal with Pat's, it will get you one way or another. Pat's can go get Jenkins-Maualuga-Maybin from 10 to 14. If Pat's went up to get Crabtree that would be a huge turn in my book. I had never even thought of that.

Jackson or Ayers.........

I think the Pat's have a better chance of dealing with 49er's at 10-N.F.C. team that Pat's have a draft day trade history with. If I were an A.F.C. team I would not deal with Pat's, it will get you one way or another. Pat's can go get Jenkins-Maualuga-Maybin from 10 to 14. If Pat's went up to get Crabtree that would be a huge turn in my book. I had never even thought of that.

Grabbing Crabtree would be just the type of off the wall move that BB makes routinely. But after we are all done scratching our heads, we come to realize the brillance of the move.

The Pats have a history of trading with Green Bay (moving up to 36 for Chad Jackson in 2006), SF (trading #28 in 2007), Seattle (trading Deion Branch in 2006 for #24 in 2007) and Oakland (for Randy Moss in 2007) currently in the top 10 - 3 out of 4 NFC teams. But NE has traded with Baltimore in the AFC (2003), with Cincinnati (for Corey Dillon in 2004), with Miami (for Wes Welker in 2007), with San Diego (#69 in 2008) and with New Orleans (trading back from #7 in 2008, which seems to have worked well for both teams). And Jacksonville traded within the AFC with Baltimore last year.

The Pats have given fair value in their trades. It wasn't their fault Kyle Boller turned out to be a bust - Ozzie Newsome is usually a pretty good judge of character. When the Pats traded #28 in 2007 most people felt they got too little in return, and SF has been happy with Joe Staley. A lot of people felt they should have gotten more in 2008 for #7, and NO has been happy with Sedrick Ellis. No one forced San Diego to offer up their 2nd rounder this year to trade up last year - they called the Pats. And again, the Pats are offering Jax more this year than Jax gave Baltimore for #8 last year - perhaps not the highest offer imaginable, but by no means a "lowball" offer. They have shown repeatedly that they will give quality to get what they perceive as quality. If other teams both what they do with it, it's not BB's fault. BB could probably pick at 8 and run rings around Jax, or he could equally well pick at 23 and run rings around Jax.

How would you like to be a Jets fan? It has got to be frustrating.

Watch them trade #17 to Washington for Jason Campbell and then have Washington trade #13 and #17 to KC to move up and take Mark Sanchez. That would make the NY fans go insane, whether it turned out to be a good move or not.

How would you like to be a Jets fan? It has got to be frustrating.

Its an interesting time to be a Jets fan. New coach who I like. Some decent free agent signings. No QB to speak of. And the rest of the AFC East is getting better too. Especially the hated Patriots.

Rumors that Percy Harvin has stopped his fall and may go 22 or higher:

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Florida WR Harvin suddenly a hot commodity

Harvin has reportedly said he is willing to take a daily drug test, and Urban Meyer has supposedly rallied behind the kid and vouched for his character as a team player. Minny is supposedly very interested at 22.

They should add Stafford going number one to Detroit for 40 million guaranteed 80 million dollars. Just a little prediction, we have to here something soon.

Andre Smith I think has moved back up to top five status IMO

I put up this quote two days ago and thought the numbers were way too high but today I guess they were not:)

what ever happened to the days of rex ryan "we love our quarterbacks".

what ever happened to the days of rex ryan "we love our quarterbacks".

He meant it, but the microphone cut out on him. A transcript reveals the unfinished sentence in its totality:

"We love our quarterbacks, as backups and waterboys."

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back