PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Jets at Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might smash my TV if the Pats lose to these bastards. Thankfully I think the Pats will take care of the Jets one way or another...blowout or not.

Exactly. It's not an issue of likelihood, merely the repulsive possibility of the event that had me preferring a Jets loss tonight. Ah well, as usual the Pats have to take out the trash themselves, and maybe that's for the best.

Last edited:
lol...

I'm from Attleboro, only a tiny highway ride up to Foxboro...

I've been to 2 Patriots games so far...the BUF/NE MNF game last year and this year's BUF @ NE game...you shouldn't need to ask me on how the former game went (Hint: McFumblin'......I mean McKelvin)....and the latter game was pretty exciting...

Last edited:
Joe and the Bros, post SB. Forgot to post it, time to sleep!
Great day of football.

Attachments

• Joe and Bros.jpg
    Joe and Bros.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 232
I went in and asked my wife who is 3rd generation Chicana the following:
If a Patriot fan calls their heated rival's QB -- who is named Sanchez -- "Taco Head", is it racist. She said 'maybe' in between her laughing about it. Does that help settle the matter?

Not really. Try asking her seriously.

lol...

I'm from Attleboro, only a tiny highway ride up to Foxboro...

I've been to 2 Patriots games so far...the BUF/NE MNF game last year and this year's BUF @ NE game...you shouldn't need to ask me on how the former game went (Hint: McFumblin'......I mean McKelvin)....and the latter game was pretty exciting...

Now I have a serious case of cognitive dissonance. I won't ask...
My stepson loved the Bills, he and I are from Mass.
He suffered through the four heartbreakers,
but never wavered.
Good kid.

The rest of that fourth quarter might as well have had Benny Hill music getting piped in rather than crowd noise.

Heh. Polian is mixing extra vodka with his vodka right about now,
in between angry phone calls.

Last edited:
Exactly. It's not an issue of likelihood, merely the repulsive possibility of the event that had me preferring a Jets loss tonight. Ah well, as usual the Pats have to take out the trash themselves, and maybe that's for the best.

Thank you! Thats exactly how I was feeling and the only reason I was rooting for the Colts. The mere possibility of the Jets beating the Pats on our turf in the playoffs is almost too sickening to discuss. Yes I am confident that we will take care of business but there is still a lot of anxiety at the horrible possibility.

I visited Custer Battlefield and bought a cd of Vinatieri's 7th cavalry band compositions. It's called "Custer's Last Band."
Custer's Last Band, A Compact Disc Available from the National Music Museum

That is awesome. I have to buy one of those. Thanks,
I had no idea that was out there.
Custer's last band. Heh.

I already had an image of Custer as a lightweight egomaniac.
Last in his west Point class, I believe.
Had his picture "Made" (as Shelby Foote would say),
second in number to only Abe Lincoln.
(Or Abe was second to him...?)
That was from Burns' Civil war, I believe..
anyway.

I can easily picture him making his worn out men wait to
assemble the brass band outside of a town to get em all
ready for his showy entrance. Then making them wait
some more while he posed for his picture.
Everywhere.

It always stunned me that such a fool would be in that position.

The scary part is, it likely is still happening.

Last edited:

On the pain scale, a loss to the Jets is significantly more intense than to Manning (especially if a bogus PI call)? How about a beat down from Terrell Suggs and the trash talking Ravens a second year in a row?

Perspective says all of them will hurt bad. While the Jets loss would hurt the most, the difference in degree for the other two is not that great.

On the pain scale, a loss to the Jets is significantly more intense than to Manning (especially if a bogus PI call)? How about a beat down from Terrell Suggs and the trash talking Ravens a second year in a row?

Perspective says all of them will hurt bad. While the Jets loss would hurt the most, the difference in degree for the other two is not that great.

I beg to differ when I say it is way way more horrible to lose to the Jets than the Ravens or Colts.

I beg to differ when I say it is way way more horrible to lose to the Jets than the Ravens or Colts.

I just got off the other thread, read that as "I beg to Dilfer".

I need some sleep.
Heh

In February of 2008, when the Patriots lost the other team from NY I didn't read, watch, or listen to anything remotely related to American sports (luckily I am a huge fan of European "football" so I had that diversion to take my mind off all things Patriots) for fear that the events of that night in February may be mentioned.
If the Patriots and their fans are not celebrating a victory over the AFC team from NY one week from today at around 7:30, I (and probably many other Patriots fans) will go into similar hibernation. The very thought of losing to that team is making my stomach queasy.
In their last playoff game the Patriots had their collective heads up their asses, and many fans are fearing the same thing this season: they see THAT as a way the Pats can lose the game and the fact that they DID it in last year's playoffs is worrisome. I know it's a different team, different players, and seemingly a different attitude, but the memory of being down 14-0 three minutes into their last playoff game is fresh in my head.
If you had to count permutations, there's probably, for example, ten ways the Patriots can beat the NYJ and two ways the NYJ can beat the Patriots. I am just worried that one of those hypothetical two ways comes true.
I keep telling myself that Brady seems to be at the top of his game and he has a myriad of weapons on offense, so much so that no defense can hold this team to 24 points or less. F#ck, is it next Sunday at 4:30 yet? I don't think I can take a week of blowhard and bluster that'll be coming from New Jersey....

Last edited:
Quite possibly one of the worst Manningesque playoff games I have ever seen.
How they could lose to the Jets at home and to Sanchez is inexplicable. It's
not as if the Jets played a good game, it's that the Colts just seemed lost the
entire game.

Last edited:
Quite possibly one of the worst Manningesque playoff games I have ever seen.
How they could lose to the Jets at home and to Sanchez is inexplicable. It's
not as if the Jets played a good game, it's that the Colts just seemed lost the
entire game.

Same old Colts, can't run the ball, can't stop the run. O line is horse crap and Manning throws his players under the bus.

Same old, same old..

third and seven, and Manning goes to the run??? The Colts did not take a shot at the end zone, inside of 6 minutes, in the red zone??? Too conserative...

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Colts Get Conservative Late, Jets Win 17-16

Exactly. Manning had to put the game on his shoulders, and he didn't. He called a run play on 70% of the third downs they faced and attempted only 26 passes.

I'm assuming he is the OC (as Colts fans love to say), so why didn't he put the ball on his own hands to try to win the game? He also completed one pass over 10 yards the whole game (the TD). A good statistical performance, but not anywhere close to being enough, especially when you consider he didn't face consistent pressure all night.

third and seven, and Manning goes to the run??? The Colts did not take a shot at the end zone, inside of 6 minutes, in the red zone??? Too conserative...

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Colts Get Conservative Late, Jets Win 17-16

That call was strange. How about Sanches on third and five late in the game (around 2:minutes) throwing the bomb? Even if he completes the pass for a score, the game is not over. The Jets would have to go for 2 to go up by two scores as your giving Manning the ball back. I don't get the bomb. A toss ball for five yards will almost let you run the clock out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back