PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 9 Other Games

Must be nice having a talent like Mahomes at QB…
That talent got KC 43/68 for 446 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. A total of 20 points including 3 in OT. Something doesn't add up. Are KC good at moving between the 20s but a hot mess in the red zone?

That talent got KC 43/68 for 446 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. A total of 20 points including 3 in OT. Something doesn't add up. Are KC good at moving between the 20s but a hot mess in the red zone?

I only watched the first half of the game, but it looked like to me Mahomes wasn't getting a whole lot of protection from his OL against a tough Tennessee front

I only watched the first half of the game, but it looked like to me Mahomes wasn't getting a whole lot of protection from his OL against a tough Tennessee front
It's weird. Willis throws for 80 yards, Mahomes 450 and the game needs OT.

Their running game is atrocious, they have like 1-2 game over 100 yards. They either can't run or refuse to. They have 3 rushing TDs of 10+ yards. Mahomes (wasn't even an intending rushing play) and Hardman (on a WR end around) had 2 of them. They have 7 rushing TDs in the red zone all but 2 of them were 3 yards or less.

So they can move it between the 20s but if a defense is decent enough can clamp down on them in the red zone. Look at how the Colts held them to 17 points

Their intention was to have four extremely high end starters so they could slide protection to help the RT, but the impression I’m getting from Chiefs fans is that Trey Smith has come down to earth after drastically overachieving as a sixth round rookie last year, while Orlando Brown has been a huge disappointment at LT. Now they’re stuck with two high end starters (Thuney and Humphrey), two that are merely okay, and an RT that now isn’t getting the help that he would if the rest of the line was playing as expected.

Chiefs fans are ecstatic that Orlando Brown didn’t accept the deal that was offered this season, and they feel like the Ravens ripped them off in that trade. Something to keep in mind as he (most likely) hits free agency next spring. Of course, we know Belichick can be sentimental, and he coached Brown Sr. in Cleveland. That’s also a physical profile that they’re not afraid of at tackle.

Man, Mike Vrabel is damn fine head coach, his team is always prepared to put up a fight, they don't make stupid mistakes, great situational football. Would love to see them with a top QB.

So Eagles/Vikings the best NFL teams so far?

Chefs/bildos do not look like the juggernaut we all thought they were.

I’m calling it. When Skippy is fired in 2 years, BB welcomes him back then leaves him the keys to the kingdom and retires. JMD then repeats what he did with LV and DEN. Bam!
I predicted this week 2, but I think Mark Davis strongly considers pulling the plug after this season. Their team is better than the one that made the playoffs last year, but is now 2-6. It’s very clear now that Skippy was a product of Tom like Mike McCoy and Adam Gase were a product of Peyton Manning.

I never watch the Fox pregame coverage because I always found them boring, but I may start watching just to see what crazy bleep old man Terry might be spewing.

I predicted this week 2, but I think Mark Davis strongly considers pulling the plug after this season. Their team is better than the one that made the playoffs last year, but is now 2-6. It’s very clear now that Skippy was a product of Tom like Mike McCoy and Adam Gase were a product of Peyton Manning.
Hopefully they mail the season in by the time we play them.

I think McDaniels is a very good OC. He is a horrible head coach. Some of the best coordinators make bad head coaches (See Rex Ryan and his dad).

Personally, I would take McDaniels back with open arms to be the OC at this point.

Meanwhile, in New York:

In other news, the Vikings are 7-1. They must be the most under the radar team in the NFL. Now, I realize they've only played 2 good teams, they lost to Eagles and beat the Dolphins. But, we'll see in the next stretch, they play the Bills, Cowboys, then Pats.
But, there's no reason they shouldn't be seen as contenders to get to the NFCCG along with Eagles & Cowboys, and I hate to say it - Bucs.

Hmmm something to monitor.

Hope he's okay, but if it derails the Bills season much better for us

That's the thing about the Bills, Allen is their entire offense - run game, pass game (which includes him scrambling). If he goes down the threat ends. At least with the Pats, it's about the same no matter who's at QB.

I read he is most likely out 2 to 4 weeks. Might miss our first game with Buffalo, maybe not. Like all nerve stuff you have to be cautious. J Allen is fun to watch but he will ruin himself if someone does not calm him down.

I read he is most likely out 2 to 4 weeks. Might miss our first game with Buffalo, maybe not. Like all nerve stuff you have to be cautious. J Allen is fun to watch but he will ruin himself if someone does not calm him down.
OK Nurse Ratched....lobotomize him, right?

Man the Saints stink

OK Nurse Ratched....lobotomize him, right?

He will be finished in his early 30s like Cam Newton if he continues with his style of play. Watch Allen and Newton running styles - a lot of similarities. Similar body types too as far as QBs go - Allen 6'5", 238, Newton 6'5" 245. Allen throws the ball better of course, but body types and running styles are similar, and so will be the ending scene.

The bills need to win the SB in the next couple of years, they have the talent but injuries could derail them. Other teams in the division are catching up, namely the Dolphins. Tus is having an exceptional season and can make some noise in the playoffs. The Bills time is now, if it doesn't happen now then I don't know when it will.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back