PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 8 Other Games

Looks like Rodgers has aged 10 years since last season...jeezus he's grayer than I am...
The 9ers blow a little hot and cold, but man when they're hot - the most complete team in the NFC. Jimmy looked mighty fine and McCaffrey looked like his 2019 self. How long that continues is anyone's guess, but they are due a boat load of players back after the bye - could see them winning out even with some tricky road games (Chargers, Dolphins and Bucs).
Eagles are every bit as good if not better. Hurts is so much better than Garropolo. Defense is better

So Dallas have really a good tandem @ RB in Elliott and Pollard wow!

Last edited:
@MAC10

dont rightly understand what you are disagreeing with in the above post, care to share?

From Terry McAuley, former NFL ref that doesn't think it was a penalty since he was off the field of play... Longtime NFL Referee Says DJ Moore Shouldn’t Have Been Penalized - Sports Illustrated
Sports Illustrated in Name Only... god, that used to be such a great magazine... too bad... now its just a hollowed out shell of its former self...

but anyways, No effing wonder why people complain about the refs... they dont know the rules... well you can tell Terry that Rule 12, Article 1(h) reads:

"Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."

He was celebrating a TD...there really is no gray area here... It is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, and will be called every time a ref sees it happen.

Last edited:
No effing wonder why people complain about the refs... they dont know the rules... well you can tell Terry that Rule 12, Article 1(h) reads:

"Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration, or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."

He was celebrating a TD...there really is no gray area here... It is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, and will be called every time a ref sees it happen.

@MAC10

dont rightly understand what you are disagreeing with in the above post, care to share?

That was very much a penalty... can only remove it in the team area on the side lines

This is what I was disagreeing with…and Moore was not in the end zone when he took his helmet off. He was in the white painted area behind the end zone.

Last edited:
This is what I was disagreeing with…and Moore was not in the end zone when he took his helmet off. He was in the white painted area behind the end zone.
ahh... still cant do that though, regardless... time and again we've seen stuff like that called... you can take your helmet off during time out, during a commercial break, or on your sidelines basically... there may be instances where it isnt called, like a quick equipment fix or while checking on a hurt player, but what DJ Moore did was a td celebration... thats been on the NFLs don't fly list for a long time now...

This season reminds me of 2008 with so many bad teams. Only difference is, so many injuries and tons of no name players.

ahh... still cant do that though, regardless... time and again we've seen stuff like that called... you can take your helmet off during time out, during a commercial break, or on your sidelines basically... there may be instances where it isnt called, like a quick equipment fix or while checking on a hurt player, but what DJ Moore did was a td celebration... thats been on the NFLs don't fly list for a long time now...

It's ticky tack IMO...should never warrant a 15 yard penalty. That's more like a 5 yard kind. In any event, Moore took his helmet off outside the end zone and then walk back into the end zone without it on, so I think that's where the flag came into play. In recent years, I've seen players take their helmets off in the middle of the field and not get flagged. This non-call against Lavonte David was the refs helping Brady out for sure...

Last edited:
Sports Illustrated in Name Only... god, that used to be such a great magazine... too bad... now its just a hollowed out shell of its former self...

but anyways, No effing wonder why people complain about the refs... they dont know the rules... well you can tell Terry that Rule 12, Article 1(h) reads:

It looked like he was out of the end zone when he took it off which is why I said "out of the field of play"...

Moore took his helmet off outside the end zone and then walk back into the end zone without it on, so I think that's where the flag came into play. In recent years, I've seen players take their helmets off in the middle of the field and not get flagged. This non-call against Lavonte David was the refs helping Brady out for sure...

It looked like he was out of the end zone when he took it off which is why I said "out of the field of play"...

his intentions were clear... he started unbuckling his chinstrap almost as soon as he could to take his helmet off... the rules are very explicit, you cant do that... had zero to do with him walking back onto the field, had everything to do with him taking his helmet off while celebrating a td... you can disagree with the rule you want, but you can't disagree with the fact that its a rule...

thats it for me on this topic... no need for me to continue to beat a dead horse when i'm right

his intentions were clear... he started unbuckling his chinstrap almost as soon as he could to take his helmet off... the rules are very explicit, you cant do that... had zero to do with him walking back onto the field, had everything to do with him taking his helmet off while celebrating a td... you can disagree with the rule you want, but you can't disagree with the fact that its a rule...

thats it for me on this topic... no need for me to continue to beat a dead horse when i'm right

I have to disagree there. Watch the broadcast. The flag was thrown as soon as he walked back into the end zone. And if you want to get technical, the rule says "Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration," so the removal of the helmet has to take place on the field or in the end zone for the rule to apply. In this case, Moore took his helmet off in the white paint area. He did not remove his helmet until he was out of the end zone.

FgWWZbDX0AEzPwc
\

FgYLovVXkAALxBg

I have to disagree there. Watch the broadcast. The flag was thrown as soon as he walked back into the end zone. And if you want to get technical, the rule says "Removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration," so the removal of the helmet has to take place on the field or in the end zone for the rule to apply. In this case, Moore took his helmet off in the white paint area. He did not remove his helmet until he was out of the end zone.

FgWWZbDX0AEzPwc
\

FgYLovVXkAALxBg
Lol, ok... Disagree all you want.

You are wrong. It will be flagged every time it happens.

And don't think I didn't notice you omitted emphasizing the part specifically about TD celebrations...

Last edited:
Lol, ok... Disagree all you want.

You are wrong. It will be flagged every time it happens.

And don't think I didn't notice you omitted emphasizing the part specifically about TD celebrations...

Dude, the rule specifies that the location of the act matters. This is what Tony Dungy and others have been saying. You are focused on the removal of the helmet, which by itself should not result in a penalty unless it was on the field of play or end zone.

And no, as I pointed above in the case of Lavonte David, removal of a helmet does not always result in a flag.

FgWWZbDX0AEzPwc
\

FgYLovVXkAALxBg

FWIW, I think you're correct here. In the replay, the ref was holding his hand behind his back on presumably the flag staring at DJ probably waiting for him to go back into the EZ. The rules as you stated are pretty clear.

Edit: Never mind, it looks like the TE #84 (confirmed to be on that snap) took off his helmet in the field of play, so it didn't matter because multiple people weren't thinking properly.

1667249151759.png

Dude, the rule specifies that the location of the act matters. This is what Tony Dungy and others have been saying. You are focused on the removal of the helmet, which by itself should not result in a penalty unless it was on the field of play or end zone.

And no, as I pointed above in the case of Lavonte David, removal of a helmet does not always result in a flag.
Dude, come on...

Burrow just had a pass batted in the air for an INT. He must be too short to be a good QB.

What a spin move by Garrett. Dang.

Oh Brownies. That was bad.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing