PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 5 Games

Who can beat the Chiefs? Broncos in Denver? That's about it right now. Impressive in all 3 phases of the game.

Who can beat the Chiefs? Broncos in Denver? That's about it right now. Impressive in all 3 phases of the game.

We will see how much the Conley injury affects them but alex smith's having a heck of a season.

I've been saying for years that the Chiefs are garbage (and they were indeed, pretenders most of these past years) and even before the season start I repeat that line but now I retract that statement because this KC team is for real.

Apparently Andy Reid decided or someone told him that his ultra conservative play calling was ****e and he wouldn't ever go one step further with that. Drafting Mahomes also lit a fire under Smith's ass and he is playing like he played in that playoff game for the 49ers vs Saints in Candle Stick park. So the coaching and QB play is being aggressive as they should but with the same ball protection from before. Add to that this RB kid that is fantastic, very good O-line, good tight ends (Kelce probably the 2nd best in the league), a defense that has shown they can stop and disrupt our offense and a Joker of a QB who can hurt us with his legs or pretty much mirroring what we do to other teams, using the short passing game if you send the house after him, and we actually don't even have the personnel to do that so you blitz ineffectively and get the same punishment. And now he can hurt you deep as well.

That's why I think the matchup is awful for us, with this line that can't pressure the QB and the slowest LB corps in the league Alex Smith would feast over the middle and in the short passing game. It may be a case where we simply can't answer the offense they are operating and with surgeon precision by the way.

If they don't suffer with injuries the path to the SB goes through Kansas City, but I don't doubt the Patriots ever. It's a tough place to play but if we get there healthy we definitely can win, we still have the better QB and better TE and WR. They have the best O-line and RB. Regarding defense there's still a long way to go for us, can't predict anything in week 5.

I've been saying for years that the Chiefs are garbage (and they were indeed, pretenders most of these past years) and even before the season start I repeat that line but now I retract that statement because this KC team is for real.

Apparently Andy Reid decided or someone told him that his ultra conservative play calling was ****e and he wouldn't ever go one step further with that. Drafting Mahomes also lit a fire under Smith's ass and he is playing like he played in that playoff game for the 49ers vs Saints in Candle Stick park. So the coaching and QB play is being aggressive as they should but with the same ball protection from before. Add to that this RB kid that is fantastic, very good O-line, good tight ends (Kelce probably the 2nd best in the league), a defense that has shown they can stop and disrupt our offense and a Joker of a QB who can hurt us with his legs or pretty much mirroring what we do to other teams, using the short passing game if you send the house after him, and we actually don't even have the personnel to do that so you blitz ineffectively and get the same punishment. And now he can hurt you deep as well.

That's why I think the matchup is awful for us, with this line that can't pressure the QB and the slowest LB corps in the league Alex Smith would feast over the middle and in the short passing game. It may be a case where we simply can't answer the offense they are operating and with surgeon precision by the way.

If they don't suffer with injuries the path to the SB goes through Kansas City, but I don't doubt the Patriots ever. It's a tough place to play but if we get there healthy we definitely can win, we still have the better QB and better TE and WR. They have the best O-line and RB. Regarding defense there's still a long way to go for us, can't predict anything in week 5.

Our defense would have to improve leaps and bounds. I wish we could get another linebacker slash pass rusher through trade. The chiefs play very well at home.

true, but they just annihilated a team that we beat by a field goal (despite what last night's score said, KC dominated houston). they are damn good.

I dont really believe in those transitive comparisons. I believe in matchups which is why we could "annihilate" the Saints and they in turn annihilated the Panthers who then played us closely.

The AFCW knows each other well and usually also llays each other pretty close.

And despite all of that we were 3-4 plays from blowing them out on opening night.

I am with Chatham and think that we have the talent in the secondary and defensive line. When High plays our lbs are competent enough.

What we need is for those players to work better together and the coaching staff to get a handle on what this team can do and what it cant (ie. the identity).

If we get to the point where everyone can play to their potential then I am not particularly afraid of even going to Arrowhead for a AFCCG. If we cant get over the hump then it wont matter where we play.

Is it just me or are the yardlines kinda crooked at Soldier Field tonight??? Especially the 50

Man, Trubisky looks solid in his first drive. Cannon of an arm, throws well on the move, mobile, all with no receivers against a good defense. Will be interesting to see if he can maintain this.

Trubisky has an NFL pro bowl level arm

Let's see if he can develop the rest of his game

Trubisky has the best arm out of any rookie in NFL. It's not even close. I haven't seen velocity like this out of a rookies arm in a long time . He's got the tools let's see if he has the brains

Trubisky has the best arm out of any rookie in NFL. It's not even close. I haven't seen velocity like this out of a rookies arm in a long time . He's got the tools let's see if he has the brains
Who are the other rookie starters you've seen this season?

Playing for the bears will be a big negative especially with a clown like fox.

Who are the other rookie starters you've seen this season?

The only other rookie QBs that have played AFAIK are Watson and Kizer. I think it's fair to say that Trubisky has a better arm than either of them. Watson has shown solid arm strength too, but his deep ball isn't as strong or as accurate as Trubisky's based on college performance (Trubisky hasn't attempted a real deep ball yet in the 2 drives of his NFL career so far)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back