PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 4: Other Games

The head takes the brunt of this fall, not his back. There is no way that this fall caused a spine injury that then caused temporary paralysis of his legs. Come on. Plus, a spine injury that severe would necessitate immobilization and a trip to the hospital.

MDs at the game disagree with you. Docs player and coach all said back. Can’t go by how it looks to fans. But docs can’t tell either. Tua might recover and be fine. I hope so. I bet you saw no problem playing Junior Seau though.

Not if you have a pinched nerve. You'll drop like a sack of potatoes.

STOP with your BS. No, you don’t drop like a
sack of potatoes and you certainly don’t grab your head. He’d immediately grab his mid lower back or the posterior upper leg in pain, in the distribution of the sciatic nerve.

Instead, as soon as he gets back on his feet he briefly grabs his head.

Last edited:
This is really bad PR for Miami, and the NFL, at the moment. Hopefully Tua recovers quickly, for his sake and theirs.

Looks like I missed an exciting 1st half.
Imagine if BB was involved? They love this first year coach. Waxing poetic. They love Miami. Tampering is ignored. Concussion protocol is given lip service. Nobody cares. Tua might be seriously hurt. Nobody cares. Football pressure is a bit low due to temperature? Feck them Pats, their fans and their star QB!!! Off with their heads!!!

MDs at the game disagree with you. Docs player and coach all said back. Can’t go by how it looks to fans. But docs can’t tell either. Tua might recover and be fine. I hope so. I bet you saw no problem playing Junior Seau though.
When you know better, you do better. Poor decisions based on lack of fundamental understanding of years passed do not justify ignoring reality and repeating said decisions now.

I guess we should go back to lead paint because they used it for years and nobody *****ed too much?

When you know better, you do better. Poor decisions based on lack of fundamental understanding of years passed do not justify ignoring reality and repeating said decisions now.

I guess we should go back to lead paint because they used it for years and nobody *****ed too much?
But you have no solution to offer. As long as we watch there will be concussions and CTE. How would you prevent it?

Have you been drinking, because you can’t really stay on point. Your specific contention was that his reaction could have been caused by a spine injury causing temporary paralysis. That is 100% horsesh*t in this particular case. With that type of severe spine injury he is neither popping back up right away nor going back into the game nor grabbing his head instead of his spine. Lol. “Back injury” and a “spine injury” are not used interchangeable. What you described obviously was not what the doctors (who are on the Dolphins payroll) diagnosed him with when they pivoted quickly from concussion to a back injury.

I need nothing more than my MD and logic, in order to make that determination.

3rd party doctor??? WTF?? Works for the fecking team. Ever see "Any given Sunday"?

I am not convinced that Teddy isn't better than Tua. Never was all that impressed with Tua, even this year. I may just be prejudiced against lefty QB's. It just looks unnatural.
The weird thing is that Tua isn't naturally left-handed; IIRC, his dad basically trained him to throw it that way.

Ooooooops...Bridge UNDER Troubled Waters

But you have no solution to offer. As long as we watch there will be concussions and CTE. How would you prevent it?

I don't expect CTE to be eliminated from football. Nobody here has suggested that so far.

You prevent another Tua situation by coming down severely on Miami for this. He had no business being on the field for a short week after last week's incident.

As far as returning to last week's game - I'm inclined to let that go. However, once things progressed and the clips started getting media attention, you have to hold him out for the thursday start.

The NHL (from my limited knowledge) seems to do a much better job of limiting the "follow up" injury - which many Doc's seem to suggest hold the greatest potential for significant injury. This is where the NFL really needs to get it together.

I hear players have found a way to make their baseline score very low so that they can keep playing. So passing the protocol may not be what we want to base his condition on. I believe they call the test "baseline neurocognitive testing". IF you act stupid, your score can be very low during preseason and you can get to play even if you collapse.
The downside to doing that, though, is they're trading the ability to play now for less ability to get help in the future if they need it. [The TBI settlement is based on that baseline.]

I don't expect CTE to be eliminated from football. Nobody here has suggested that so far.

You prevent another Tua situation by coming down severely on Miami for this. He had no business being on the field for a short week after last week's incident.
And, of course, by getting rid of most Thursday games. . . .

You l
Weekly games on Thursdays are rediculous. First you have a short week to recoup from injuries and second the gameplan sucks compared to a full week of preparation.

Yeah...like that'll ever happen...

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

Are you sure you saw this? With last week stumbling as backdrop?

Coaches are to be blame for pushing their mobile QBs to run around at all cost, injuries be damn. Anyone can see that a crushing sack is coming. The veterans such as Brady and Rodger would have curled and braced for a sack. Even Mahomes has learned his lesson and would have given up on the play.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back