PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 4 Games

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Week 4 Odds, TV Info, Predictions and Picks Against the Spread

John Morgan

A rematch of Super Bowl 39 is among the highlights of NFL Week 4. Carolina travels to Foxboro to take on the Patriots in an early afternoon game with New England favored by three. In the same time slot Baltimore hosts Pittsburgh in a battle of bitter AFC North rivals. The late afternoon game should be a good one as well. Oakland is at Denver in a clash of original AFL antagonists for supremacy in the AFC West. Indy is at Seattle for what looms to be a letdown for NFL fans on Sunday night, and then Washington is at KC on Monday night.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick the Rams on this one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick the Rams on this one.
Considering how the Cowboys looked two weeks ago at Denver, and even last week in their win against Arizona, that wouldn't be too far fetched. Dallas is back at home, but you can't blame their poor play all on being on the road in those games. Their offensive line is nowhere near the level it was a year ago. The defense is terribly inconsistent, saved by DeMarcus Lawrence.

Not Dak Prescott and not Ezekiel Elliott? Here's what the Cowboys' secret weapon is

Who are the real Dallas Cowboys: Jekyll or Hyde?

Jared Goff was awful last year and I wrote him off as another QB draft bust. This season he's been a polar opposite. Goff has a 5:1 TD-Interception ratio, is 3rd in the league in completion percentage (70.4%), first in yards per attempt (10.1), and 3rd in passer rating (better than Brees, Rodgers, Carr, Stafford, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Cousins, Wilson, etc.).

The Rams have a good running back (Gurley) to help Goff and a defense with enough talent to win games (Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron, Maurice Alexander). Their D looked bad last week against SF though. This game could go either way.

Sean McVay has Jared Goff cooking and the Rams offense should roll vs. Cowboys

Rams should find out if they are for real against Cowboys

Another football breakfast Sunday: Saints vs Dolphins

Can Miami’s D stand up to cool Brees? Week 4 picks for Dolphins-Saints, rest of NFL

How good the Dolphins are — whether they’re any good — was cast in serious doubt with that display of public flatulence at the Jets. I do not believe (yet) that Miami is that bad. I also do not believe that Sunday’s “Breakfast at Wembley” matchup with the Saints is a favorable one that will be an instant cure. Main reason: Drew Brees, even pushing 39, is still really, really good, while Miami’s pass defense really, really isn’t. And that includes failings underneath due to thin linebacking, even with the return from AWOL suspension of Lawrence Timmons, who undoubtedly still would be in the penalty box if the Jets loss didn’t turn things so dire. N’Awlins defense of course is famously bad, so Fins have an upset shot if Double Jays Cutler and Ajayi (running on a babied knee) are a lot better than they were last week. So tally ho, Londoners, you could be in for a bloody shootout! Bottom line, though? Dolphins pass defense made Josh McCown look like a superstar. Now here comes Brees. Uh oh.

Saints offense hopes to keep things rolling vs. Dolphins, Ndamukong Suh

As the Saints look to protect Brees and open holes for running backs Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson and Alvin Kamara, there's a chance they'll have a better offensive line group available. Top right tackle Zach Strief (knee) is questionable, but after he practiced fully on Friday, it seems there's a good chance he'll play. If he does, Ryan Ramczyk would likely move to left tackle, and Andrus Peat would shift to left guard and give the Saints the line with which they practiced nearly all of training camp.

While having a better line group available could help, the Saints also feel more optimistic about their potential after last week's performance, particularly in the run game.

New Orleans Saints vs. Miami Dolphins: 3 key matchups

Center Max Unger, right guard Larry Waford and Senio Kelemete, who could start another game if the Saints keep Andrus Peat at left tackle, must control Suh in the passing game and not allow him to penetrate in the running game....

Miami's core wide receivers - Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills - are a large part of the passing game, as the trio has combined for 37 catches for 375 yards and two touchdowns.

As a group in Week Three, the Saints' pass defense notched three interceptions and six pass breakups, all of which provides momentum for Sunday's game against a Miami passing offense currently ranked 21st in the league (210 yards per game)....

The Saints come off a game where defensive ends Cameron Jordan, Alex Okafor, Hau'oli Kikaha and rookie Trey Hendrickson each had a sack and the quartet combined for five hits on mobile Panthers quarterback Cam Newton.

Miami has played just two games on the regular season, but the Dolphins have allowed five sacks on Cutler, who is a classic pocket passer.

Additionally, Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi is dealing with a knee injury....

Anyone else watching this London game? Saints D is making Cutler look competent.

Edit: right after I said that, Cutler throws a pick

Saints defensive backs looking terrible early. No shock

Don't ever change, Jay Cutler.

That OPI was an epically bad call. The defender engaged in bump and run coverage. Penalties need to be reviewable.

Ajayi had a LB lined up on the outside with him. Cutler should have saw that but play clock was getting low.

This is one of the worst football games I’be ever watched. Sloppy with pathetic technique. Flags every play. It's like both teams are jetlagged.

i'm looking for OAK-DEN and DET-MIN games

let's see if Saints will put points on this drive...

I'm curious how the Dolphins will respond down 10-0.

3 and out so much for Miami's halftime adjustments.

The Cutler experience going exactly as expected in Miami.

I'm curious to how Gase will handle this year going forward, since he showed some qualities as a HC last season

Players like Suh, they are obviously good and go for max contracts, but can dolphins say they have received any tangible returns from him?
This game is the worst football I have seen in years.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back