PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 16 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, hoping Vick gets crushed.

A little Earl Campbell trivia:

I was at the Chuck Fairbanks farewell playoff game. After a postgame tailgate had some auto problems. This was of course long before the days of cell phones. First went further down the parking lot looking for a pay phone; that was where the racetrack was and because it was a racetrack they had no pay phones there - I think it was a state law to discourage illegal gambling, bookies from placing bets, etc.

Went back up towards the stadium, wandered around there. Was somewhere inside that was not locked and Campbell was there chatting with a couple of people and signing autographs. He was wearing what appeared to be a very expensive full length fur coat. I asked him if he knew where any pay phones were, he said 'I don't know', and it dawned on me who he was - so I said 'by the way, great game today and good luck next week'. He stopped and looked at me and said 'thanks, I really appreciate that'.

He took a few steps down the hall and turned and asked why I needed a phone and I told him; he said 'here, follow me', took me back to their locker room and led me to a phone inside there to use.

Real nice guy and very soft spoken - the exact opposite of his style of play. It was amazing the hits he would deliver to would-be tacklers back when he played.

Great story. Makes this a quality forum worth reading.

lets look at peoples hands for hours and hours!:rolleyes:

Goodbye APs no fumble streak.

WOW 3 dropped picks from Vick! Dude is overrated :bricks: how is he even in the MVP discussion after Bradys flawless season?

WOW 3 dropped picks from Vick! Dude is overrated :bricks: how is he even in the MVP discussion after Bradys flawless season?

To be fair, Brady has had a few dropped picks during his streak as well. Vick has been explosive this year, but he does not look like the world beater that the media has made him out to be so far in this game.

Dungy stuffed the ballot box.

The dropped picks are pissing me off.

I like this Webb kid though. Good story.

Vikings receivers have stone hands. ugh.

Another dropped Vick INT. Unreal.

Attention Vikings defence, it's ok to catch those Vick INT's...:bricks:

PS-McCourty would of had those...:D

Vick looks bad thus far one more pick and I think we can close up the mvp voting

LOL Vick you suck!!!!

Vick looks bad thus far one more pick and I think we can close up the mvp voting

How about a fumble? :D

Last edited:
How about a fumble? :D

you know the drill. if/when eagles come back and win this he will be credit with it "putting the INT behind" blah blah

That Winfield TD was amazing to watch. :D

If they keep up this pressure, they're going to get another big play. Also, the Vick injury watch is on. The dude is getting killed.

Bikes just got away with a late hit on Vick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST