PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 14 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh McDaniels might be one of the worst coaches of all time.

Also says some about why Bill never promoted Patrick Graham and let him walk

bottom 10 run defense when he was the LB coach and defensive run game coordinator with the Packers in 2018
worst in points allowed as the Dolphins DC in 2019
bottom-10 in points allowed as the Giants DC last year
bottom-10 in points allowed as the Raiders DC this year

Nice win for Baker, I'm not a fan but I don't get why he's taking the heat he is taking recently media wise, like he is a total garbage QB, he is not.

Not too long ago the Browns were drafting in the top 3 every year and was a total joke, they're not anymore, they're respectable and he helped them in that regard, bringing some stability for the QB position, winning games, winning a playoff game against the Steelers. Then injuries and bad coaching staffs , he is not that great to overcome that, but after the Browns decided to sign Watson (and the marriage was falling apart already before that with Baker) I always felt some team would get a good QB, former #1 with a discount. Unfortunately for him it was the Panthers who is now as bad as the Browns used to be. Now maybe there is enough damage and lack of development that I can see that downward spiral pattern that many QBs go through becoming backups with starting potential to only backups and then really bad QB options after walking around too many teams in bad situations (see Hoyer).

I hope he finds a place to restart his career, he was happy as **** yesterday, he loves the game, I respect that

Amazing end to that game last night. Don't know why I watched it, but I was pulling hard for Baker.
He just replicated what Brady did on Monday - for all the slobbering in the world - but Mayfield did it with under 2 days on the team.
That's what so maddening - at its core, football is football. And Mayfield just played with instinct, talent, and fundamentals.
Begging the question - WHY ON EARTH is it so hard for the Patriots to just play offense. Literally, just go play.

Incredible throw to Van Jefferson on that TD. Damn.
Less than 2sec snap to release... 40+ air yards... I'm really hoping to see more of that from Mac. TT's gotta work on reaction time off the snap - may just be conservative as a rookie to not get a false start.

More like Stalker.:rofl:
Watching I See You GIF by Travis

Less than 2sec snap to release... 40+ air yards... I'm really hoping to see more of that from Mac. TT's gotta work on reaction time off the snap - may just be conservative as a rookie to not get a false start.
Yep Thornton needs to step up still can't believe we didn't take my binkie George Pickens there. :mad:

McVay is going to ask himself "what the **** did I just do" when Baker Mayfield starts going off-script and shoots from the hip.

Exciting to watch.. as long as you're not rooting for his team.
This did not age well.

Nice win for Baker, I'm not a fan but I don't get why he's taking the heat he is taking recently media wise, like he is a total garbage QB, he is not.

Not too long ago the Browns were drafting in the top 3 every year and was a total joke, they're not anymore, they're respectable and he helped them in that regard, bringing some stability for the QB position, winning games, winning a playoff game against the Steelers. Then injuries and bad coaching staffs , he is not that great to overcome that, but after the Browns decided to sign Watson (and the marriage was falling apart already before that with Baker) I always felt some team would get a good QB, former #1 with a discount. Unfortunately for him it was the Panthers who is now as bad as the Browns used to be. Now maybe there is enough damage and lack of development that I can see that downward spiral pattern that many QBs go through becoming backups with starting potential to only backups and then really bad QB options after walking around too many teams in bad situations (see Hoyer).

I hope he finds a place to restart his career, he was happy as **** yesterday, he loves the game, I respect that

What i dont get is why carolina gave up on him in favor of pj walker and sam darnold. Dunno if im missing something with those two? But as much as mayfield has struggled he’s always been easily better than them imo. At least Cleveland was getting watson

What about Foxborough? How would folks feel about that? I‘d be happy to see a three way QB competition in training camp, with Baker, Mac, and Zappe. Best of that group would be a pretty good QB IMO.

Is that pic in your signature Norv Turner as head coach?
Most of the people I would attribute that meme to no longer post here. Must just be sheer coincidence that the team is no longer dominating.

Can’t wait for the return of McD next year
Really? That's your takeaway from watching the Raiders offense?

I get it that the Matty P experiment is a failure, but at one point Herbstreit referred to the Raiders as having a 1980's offense, and he was right.

Personally, I'd refer to it as a limp d!ck offense. 16 points in the game and 3 points in the second half ain't gonna get it done. Davante Adams buried deeper than Jimmy Hoffa. Oh well, at least Jacob Johnson is still drawing an NFL paycheck.

Mayfield made McVay look like a genius for picking him up. Now that Baker is an instant Rams folk hero, I wonder how Stafford feels about his job security going forward. Word is his neck injury might be bad enough to miss part or all of next season.

I always thought Mayfield has the fiery competitor "it" factor needed to succeed, which makes his problems in Cleveland and Carolina all the more mystifying. Maybe he just needs the right mentor to help keep his head straight and keep him disciplined on/off the field, we'll see.

What i dont get is why carolina gave up on him in favor of pj walker and sam darnold. Dunno if im missing something with those two? But as much as mayfield has struggled he’s always been easily better than them imo. At least Cleveland was getting watson
From what I read, Mayfield really improvises a lot, doesn't stick to the script. While this is good for creativeness, it frustrates coaching staffs. It's hard to evaluate the rest of the team if the QB is always changing things up on the fly. The improvising is great when it is working, less so when it is not. Since Carolina is going nowhere, they'd rather have a more consistent QB that helps them evaluate the rest of the team. Also, not sure if he's the best locker room presence. So, perhaps a good fit in LA where they also know they're going nowhere but need a spark, a morale boost, in the short term. I bet he's not on the Rams next season.

From what I read, Mayfield really improvises a lot, doesn't stick to the script. While this is good for creativeness, it frustrates coaching staffs. It's hard to evaluate the rest of the team if the QB is always changing things up on the fly. The improvising is great when it is working, less so when it is not. Since Carolina is going nowhere, they'd rather have a more consistent QB that helps them evaluate the rest of the team. Also, not sure if he's the best locker room presence. So, perhaps a good fit in LA where they also know they're going nowhere but need a spark, a morale boost, in the short term. I bet he's not on the Rams next season.
Hmmmmm interesting with his outburst last game should Mac try that instead of sticking to Fat Matt's script?? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes