PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 14 Games

That's a cheapshot now? LOL! what has the world come to. But yes let's make charge him for assault since we're charging Gronk for Assault.

He clearly saw the ball was out but lowered his head to kind of spear him with his shoulder. He had 2 steps and plenty of time to stop.

It wasn't just that the hit was late it was the way he executed it. If he had just given him a push I would have had less issue with it. It was the combination of everything imo that made it dirty.

Should have clearly been roughing the passer to me.

Wind has lightened up just a little in the 2nd half of Bills game. What a shame, it was epic at the start of the game. Still plenty of snow at least.

He clearly saw the ball was out but lowered his head to kind of spear him with his shoulder. He had 2 steps and plenty of time to stop.

It wasn't just that the hit was late it was the way he executed it. If he had just given him a push I would have had less issue with it. It was the combination of everything imo that made it dirty.

Should have clearly been roughing the passer to me.

Like I said, a few years ago, that's not a cheap shot, just a late hit.

It's only halftime but it would insane if the Packers missed the playoffs because they couldn't beat the Browns.

Failure to beat the Brown should be ground for immediate elimination from the playoffs.

Wind has lightened up just a little in the 2nd half of Bills game. What a shame, it was epic at the start of the game. Still plenty of snow at least.
Jacoby sux.

Look again.

I have yet to see an angle where the hit looks more scary than how AB or Burfict got hit. His head doesnt even snap backwards in to the ground that hard.

I am not trying to downplay the injury or hit just trying to say that it is crazy how random concussions are.

Failure to beat the Brown should be ground for immediate elimination from the playoffs.

To be fair if you eliminate the QBs (who are a wash anyway) is GBs roster really that much better than the Browns ?

I have yet to see an angle where the hit looks more scary than how AB or Burfict got hit. His head doesnt even snap backwards in to the ground that hard.

I am not trying to downplay the injury or hit just trying to say that it is crazy how random concussions are.

The point I was making is that it still looked bad. I wasn't comparing them...just saying that if he cleared the NFL protocol after seeing this then their protocol is seriously flawed. We know this but it has to be obvious now.

The point I was making is that it still looked bad. I wasn't comparing them...just saying that if he cleared the NFL protocol after seeing this then their protocol is seriously flawed. We know this but it has to be obvious now.

No question.

I think you misunderstood me a bit. I honestly didnt want to compare hits and say that one is lesser than the other but just think that it is scary how you cant even really correlate the force of a hit with the end result being a concussion.

And the weather got a little worse again like earlier in the game. Nice!:D

I hate people complaining about what is a catch and what isn't. This pro offense ******** that "if it looks like a catch it should be" is stupid. Not because the idea is wrong but because they don't mean that. What they mean is "we want everything to be a catch cause we want more offense and less defense."

Personally I LIKE the way a catch is being called now. It should have to be complete control throughout the process and to the ground. There have been so many rule changes to help the offense that I like a catch isn't as easy as it was in years past. You need some rules to give the defense a chance.

If you completely neuter the defense in an effort to make every game a 35-30 contest then you make good offensive execution meaningless and good defensive play fruitless.

If people want to see a bunch of scoring without D then watch arena football. In the NFL I want to make offenses have to execute well to score at (at least some of the time... it today's NFL even bad execution on offense can be hard to hold down sometime depending on how the refs call the game) and give Ds a fighting chance to stop them.

Last edited:
Alex Smith has had himself a nice game today.

What's the about Hoculi trying to review a helmet to helmet hit? Does he think he is doing college?

Seriously, that guy is the worst NFL referee in the game but people love him because he's probably the most famous one too.

I hate people complaining about what is a catch and what isn't. This pro offense ******** that "if it looks like a catch it should be" is stupid. Not because the idea is wrong but because they don't mean that. What they mean is "we want everything to be a catch cause we want more offense and less defense".

Personally I LIKE the way a catch is being called now. It should have to be complete control throughout the process and to the ground. There have been so many rules changes to help the offense that I like a catch isn't as easy as it was in year past. You need some rules to give the defense a chance.
FWIW, I like the way it's being called now too. There isn't a single way the rule could be written to please all of the people all of the time.

Also, as you said, "if it looks like a catch it should be" is stupid. People who support that idea act like fans and mediots would never disagree about what "looked like" a catch.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back