PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Training Camp(s) (non-Pats)

Can’t be any worse than not forcing a punt in 9+ quarters and counting.

That has nothing to do with the thread, but thanks…

That has nothing to do with the thread, but thanks…
You said OBJ on the bills would be bad for us and I said it literally can’t get worse than it is against them. Can’t force a punt…

for Bentley and a second, do it Bill. BB will load up the defense next year so why not start early.

on second thought, not sure we should pay him more (slightly more I'm ok with) than Judon...

for Bentley and a second, do it Bill. BB will load up the defense next year so why not start early.

on second thought, not sure we should pay him more (slightly more I'm ok with) than Judon...

I think our LB's are good enough BUT trading Bentley for Smith...that I can get on board with

I think our LB's are good enough BUT trading Bentley for Smith...that I can get on board with

I know people here don't like Bentley, and I won't argue he's an all-pro or anything. But there's not a single Patriots player on defense that has a bad word to say about him. Judon was emphatic when stating that Bentley is the leader in that defensive front. I think it would be a really hard sell to the team to move a player like that, especially since (whether it's really more about the offensive struggles or not) the defense is having a really good camp so far.

I know people here don't like Bentley, and I won't argue he's an all-pro or anything. But there's not a single Patriots player on defense that has a bad word to say about him. Judon was emphatic when stating that Bentley is the leader in that defensive front. I think it would be a really hard sell to the team to move a player like that, especially since (whether it's really more about the offensive struggles or not) the defense is having a really good camp so far.
Wait...I didn't say that because it's a knock on Bentley. I think he is playing well....so I agree. What I should have said is adding Smith would create a log jam at LB but he is an upgrade over Bentley...so a trade with a pick works for me. Also trading Bentley would help offset the $.

Wait...I didn't say that because it's a knock on Bentley. I think he is playing well....so I agree. What I should have said is adding Smith would create a log jam at LB but he is an upgrade over Bentley...so a trade with a pick works for me. Also trading Bentley would help offset the $.

Sorry, wasn't trying to really lump you in with that first statement (you just happened to be the last person to comment on it, so you got quoted). I just think the players and the coaches value Bentley more than the fans. Aside from that, player for player trades are pretty rare, especially with established veterans.

Yep, I'm fine with standing pat. Lot to be said for continuity. On paper, it's a big improvement, but that doesn't mean he'll come in and be the all pro Roquan the Bears have immediately. Also, he will cost 10x as much as Bentley.

Can we get some more viewpoints to add to our misery of how offense looks for 49ers or chiefs or bills or even Steelers and colts...

Can we get some more viewpoints to add to our misery of how offense looks for 49ers or chiefs or bills or even Steelers and colts...
WR Khalil Shakir is looking very good for Allen and the Bills a WR I wanted us to double dip for. :(

Not that Roquan isn't better than Bentley but that trade ain't happening. If Bill wants to get in on Roquan you give up picks and keep Bentley.

Not that Roquan isn't better than Bentley but that trade ain't happening. If Bill wants to get in on Roquan you give up picks and keep Bentley.
If BB believes Smith is a game changer at LB…why do you think he wouldn’t trade Bentley and a pick?

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back